• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Papi says "Dis is our F-cking city", Revis tossed under Jets bus

Andrew28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear THE BEST entertainment I can remember in years was when Artie was in his prime with Howard, like about 2004. I swear I woke up counting the seconds til I could listen to that show. How is Artie these days? Is he healthier than he was?

He is one of the funniest comedians that lots of people never heard of. Last I heard he was doing a radio show on Sirius.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something wrong with you...

"Daddy why did my goldfish die?"

"Huh..... Ummm... Because who gives a shit, that's why? Because it didn't matter that he was alive... that's why he's dead...

He didn't know his name and he didn't love you back... these are the facts about that goldfish's life..."

Yup. And this being his best stuff is the problem. He may be good, I just thought that special didn't do him justice. I enjoy Lewis black more

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont recall any Yankees players pulling such a thing after 911. Yep, Yankees more classy than Boston.

"This is our fucking city. You bunch of terrorist fucks. Fucking douche bags camel jockey mother fuckers. FIST PUMP, GO NEW YORK MOTHER FUCKER"

- Derek Jeter

NYPD didn't catch anybody. . .

gener8tr

Viva El Gordo!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear THE BEST entertainment I can remember in years was when Artie was in his prime with Howard, like about 2004. I swear I woke up counting the seconds til I could listen to that show. How is Artie these days? Is he healthier than he was?

He's a fat pig and I think he's back on the lightning as he falls asleep interviewing guests on his own show.

But still funny...

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Humiliated I'd hope. Was that supposed to courageous? Inspiring? Classy? What was THAT supposed to be? A Caribbeaner butchering the Enghlish language and taunting terrorists who are dead or in jail? Dropping the F-bomb in front of families? What a total joke.

Word, self

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree hammer

ortiz was an embarrassment to boston.

apparently, he forgot there are hundreds of illegitimate boston babies at those games.

"mommy - what does fucking town mean?"

FCC said it was fine

and 99% of boston fans will too

he basically spoke for all of us...

gener8tr

Viva El Gordo!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont recall any Yankees players pulling such a thing after 911. Yep, Yankees more classy than Boston.

"This is our fucking city. You bunch of terrorist fucks. Fucking douche bags camel jockey mother fuckers. FIST PUMP, GO NEW YORK MOTHER FUCKER"

- Derek Jeter

Link?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assure you, nobody in Boston concurs...

In fact, you're the first person I've ever seen that didn't think it was totally awesome...

Hell, even the head of the FCC tweeted that they have no problem with what he said and they applaud and stand with him.

People in Boston LOVED that... Loved it...

What did they love about it?

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Humiliated I'd hope. Was that supposed to courageous? Inspiring? Classy? What was THAT supposed to be? A Caribbeaner butchering the Enghlish language and taunting terrorists who are dead or in jail? Dropping the F-bomb in front of families? What a total joke.

It was honest...I prefer honesty...and it felt that way to me.

Guess you're in the "I prefer canned responses at all times" camp...

And ... Oh my god!!!.....he said a bad word!

Sometimes it's nice when they cut the PC bullshit out of things...I thought that moment happened to be one of them.

Mike Oxlodge

I'm better looking than U
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Start spreading the news mother fucker, you dont fuck with our city, NEW YORRKKK< NEW YORKKKKKKKK"

"If can make it fucking here, fuck you terrorists, I can fucking make it anywhere"

- As Bernie Williams sings and strums his guitar.

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Derek Jeter

Agreed, a little too much showboating with this tragedy. Tshirts of Papis quote were on sale the same night and that's a big problem for me, unless proceeds are going to the right place

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is one of the funniest comedians that lots of people never heard of. Last I heard he was doing a radio show on Sirius.

He's a fat pig and I think he's back on the lightning as he falls asleep interviewing guests on his own show.

But still funny...

I just looked him up and saw that. Is his show just more of what he did on Howard? There toward the end of when I was watching (maybe late 2006?) he was in real bad shape. Howard and everybody else was waiting on him to die. Artie is like the nicest, most down-to-earth comedian you'd ever meet. But he's not going to live to be an old man. I think we all know that.

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assure you, nobody in Boston concurs...

In fact, you're the first person I've ever seen that didn't think it was totally awesome...

Wrong. Ortiz is a doush and it isn't his 'fucking city'. He doesn't live there year-round and he doesn't put his salary back in the Boston community. He takes it home to the DR and spends it there.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did they love about it?

hammer...i have a saying...

"youre not from here, you dont understand"

that statement applies here too

not one person i have heard, read or seen (even nationally) had anything bad to say about ortiz's speech

mike lupica this weekend even said if he had ended with "this is our fucking city and this is our fucking country" it would have been absolutely perfect

and i agree

Mr.Pickles

Suck My Brine
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what Papi said ....

Mike Oxlodge

I'm better looking than U
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People of Boston want it to make it all about themselves including their athletes now. "You thought 9/11 was bad??? They pressure cooked Lord and Tayyyhhhhhlorr!!!!!!

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...pedroia could have said a few words.....

ortiz is the longest tenured guy now

and hes the face of the franchise and in some ways, the city

sports wise anyway

insert tom brady comment