• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Papi says "Dis is our F-cking city", Revis tossed under Jets bus

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"This jersey that we're wearing today it doesn't say 'Red Sox.' It says, 'Boston.' We want to thank you for you, Mayor Menino, Governor Patrick, the whole police department, for the great job that they did this past week," Ortiz began. "This is our fucking city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong"

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oddly, the FCC has come out and said the incident was fine

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New York Jets have traded star cornerback Darrelle Revis to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the 13th overall pick in Thursday night's draft and a conditional selection next year.
The Buccaneers announced the deal on Sunday, saying Revis agreed to a new six-year contract.
The deal is worth $96 million, making Revis the highest-paid defensive back in NFL history, but includes no guaranteed money, according to sources close to the Pro Bowl cornerback.

The conditional pick headed to the Jets is a fourth-round selection in 2014, but could become a third-rounder if Revis is on Tampa Bay's roster on the third day of the 2014 league year, sources said.
"We're thrilled. It's rare that you get a chance to add a player of this caliber to your football team. That's what motivated us," Bucs general manager Mark Dominik said.
The Buccaneers formally will introduce Revis during a news conference Monday at noon ET. The front page of the Buccaneers' official team website posted a big picture of Revis in what appears to be a Tampa Bay jersey with the words: "Treasure Island. Darrelle Revis (CB). It's a Bucs Life."
A four-time Pro Bowler during his six-year stint in New York, the 27-year-old Revis addressed Jets fans in a series of tweets Sunday night.
"I been sitting around for the last hour trying to figure out what to say to the Jet Nation & I came up with this," Revis posted on his Twitter account. "The six years I played for the New York Jets were unbelievable. I put my body on the line everyday & did everything could to help the team win.
"I experienced a lot & learned a lot. The memories I had in New York I will keep dearly to my heart. I want to thank all the jets fans for making me feel welcome."
The six-year, $96 million deal would make Revis one of the NFL's two highest-paid defensive players along with Mario Williams.
Jets general manager John Idzik cited multiple reasons for the trade, namely the inability to negotiate a long-term extension with the cornerback and a "degree of uncertainty" regarding Revis' rehab from a serious knee injury suffered last season.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some midwest team that will do nothing took both games of yesterdays doubleheader.

allen webster, who we fleeced the dodgers for, was impressive in his first MLB start...as advertised

6 IP
5H
2ER
1BB
5 K's

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"with the 13th pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the New York Jets select...the wrong guy"

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
david ortiz masshole.jpg

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jets are down to what 3 NFL caliber players now?

off to work, you guys play nice

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jets are down to what 3 NFL caliber players now?

off to work, you guys play nice

on offense i believe they have 3 correct

i bet they select an offensive lineman with 2 club feet

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The New York Jets have traded star cornerback Darrelle Revis to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the 13th overall pick in Thursday night's draft and a conditional selection next year.
The Buccaneers announced the deal on Sunday, saying Revis agreed to a new six-year contract.
The deal is worth $96 million, making Revis the highest-paid defensive back in NFL history, but includes no guaranteed money, according to sources close to the Pro Bowl cornerback.

The conditional pick headed to the Jets is a fourth-round selection in 2014, but could become a third-rounder if Revis is on Tampa Bay's roster on the third day of the 2014 league year, sources said.
"We're thrilled. It's rare that you get a chance to add a player of this caliber to your football team. That's what motivated us," Bucs general manager Mark Dominik said.
The Buccaneers formally will introduce Revis during a news conference Monday at noon ET. The front page of the Buccaneers' official team website posted a big picture of Revis in what appears to be a Tampa Bay jersey with the words: "Treasure Island. Darrelle Revis (CB). It's a Bucs Life."
A four-time Pro Bowler during his six-year stint in New York, the 27-year-old Revis addressed Jets fans in a series of tweets Sunday night.
"I been sitting around for the last hour trying to figure out what to say to the Jet Nation & I came up with this," Revis posted on his Twitter account. "The six years I played for the New York Jets were unbelievable. I put my body on the line everyday & did everything could to help the team win.
"I experienced a lot & learned a lot. The memories I had in New York I will keep dearly to my heart. I want to thank all the jets fans for making me feel welcome."
The six-year, $96 million deal would make Revis one of the NFL's two highest-paid defensive players along with Mario Williams.
Jets general manager John Idzik cited multiple reasons for the trade, namely the inability to negotiate a long-term extension with the cornerback and a "degree of uncertainty" regarding Revis' rehab from a serious knee injury suffered last season.

96 million for a cornerback?? The Buccs have no shot at competing. Dumbass move. If JD shows up today, he is nothing but a pathetic bitch.

I am sick of Mike Matheny.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
96 million for a cornerback?? The Buccs have no shot at competing. Dumbass move. If JD shows up today, he is nothing but a pathetic bitch.

credit to the jets, not many teams have traded an injured CB coming off an ACL reconstruction for a 13th overall and a conditional additional pick

they will no doubt fuck it up tho

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good morning assholes near and far

beefman138

I like cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice A.S.S., Leonitas! hehe

How bout we trade Managers, Mattingly for Matheny? Magic Matheny >>> Magic Mattingly!

Beef

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SANTA MONICA, Calif. -- NBC Sports announcer Al Michaels was arrested over the weekend in Southern California on suspicion of drunken driving, authorities said Sunday.
Michaels was pulled over at about 9:30 p.m. Friday after officers manning a DUI checkpoint witnessed him make an illegal U-turn, Santa Monica police Sgt. Richard Lewis said.
Michaels, the play-by-play man for "Sunday Night Football," was taken to the station, where he registered a blood-alcohol level over the .08 percent legal limit, according to Lewis.
He was booked for suspicion of DUI and held for about five hours before being released on his own recognizance, Lewis said.
"We are aware of the situation and we've been in contact with Al," said Greg Hughes, a spokesman for NBC Sports. "We have no further comment at this time."
A call Sunday by The Associated Press to Michaels' agent was not immediately returned.
Michaels was ordered to appear in court June 26.
An Emmy Award winner, the 68-year-old Michaels spent nearly three decades at ABC Sports before moving to NBC in 2007.

beefman138

I like cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, nice to see the daily thread back after a 2-day sojourn. I was worried that all you guys fucked off to another place! As far as I can tell, nothing beats this site. It's me new home.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also like to point out the redsox are still in first

napoli now has 20 RBI in 18 games

his OPS is .824, cotton

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, nice to see the daily thread back after a 2-day sojourn. I was worried that all you guys fucked off to another place! As far as I can tell, nothing beats this site. It's me new home.

we dont do shit on the weekend my man

aussi aussi aussi

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(CNN) -- As the world hunted him, the younger brother suspected in the Boston Marathon bombings acted like any other college sophomore.
Dzhokar Tsarnaev, 19, was on the campus of University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth every day after the attack until late Thursday, a university official told CNN. Tsarnaev attended classes and dorm parties and went to the gym while the rest of Boston came to a tense standstill.
A student at the school told The Boston Globe that she saw Tsarnaev at a party Wednesday night that was attended by some of his friends from intramural soccer.
"He was just relaxed," she said, asking the paper not to print her name.
Another UMass Dartmouth student said he talked about the bombing with Tsarnaev for several minutes Tuesday while they were working out at the gym. Tsarnaev seemed normal, perhaps a little tired, Zach Bettencourt told CNN.
Bettencourt said he told Tsarnaev something about the bombing, to the effect of, "You hear about this kind of thing happening in Iraq and Afghanistan, but not here."
"He was like, 'Yeah, tragedies happen like this all the time and it's sad,' " Bettencourt said, adding he had no inkling about anything suspicious with Tsarnaev, whom he described as a nice guy.
The days-long drama that gripped Boston -- and the world -- began when two homemade bombs made from pressure cookers exploded 12 seconds apart near the finish line of Monday's Boston Marathon. Three people were killed, and more than 170 wounded as nails, ball bearings, BBs and shards of broken glass were blasted through the viewing area.
Law enforcement officials combed through photos and surveillance videos, searching for clues to who detonated the bombs. The FBI released photos showing two men they were seeking and asked for the public's help.
Suspects: Immigrant dream to American nightmare
At the dorm where Tsarnaev lived, students joked Thursday as they viewed the FBI photos on television, a senior who lived in the suspect's dorm told The Boston Globe.
"We made a joke like, that could be Dzhokar," said Pamala Rolon. "But then we thought it just couldn't be him. Dzhokar? Never."
A tense scene began to unfold Thursday night -- complete with wailing sirens, flashes of blue and red lights, a hail of bullets and explosions from homemade bombs. By early Friday morning, Tsarnaev's older brother, Tamerlan, 26, was dead. Dzhokar Tsarnaev was bleeding as he stole away into the night.
On campus nobody was joking. The school posted a message on its website: "UMass Dartmouth has learned that a person being sought in connection with the Boston Marathon bombing has been identified as a student registered at UMass Dartmouth. The campus is closed. Individuals on campus should shelter in place unless instructed otherwise."

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a penny of the $96M is guaranteed, I believe.

Which means the Jets could've done the same thing. Which makes me wonder why they were trying to trade him in the 1st place?

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and a little message to the NJ Devils.

Payback, she is a bitch.

:yahoo: