• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Panthers - Bucs Game week thread ...

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... meant to put this up earlier, but here goes.

They're 0-6, and Panzers are 6.5 point favorites. Doug Martin has a torn labrum in his shoulder and won't play. They've got a rookie QB. But I still worry:

(a) they had close games against AZ, NOLA, and NYJ's.
(b) We played terrible against them, and got swept last season.

Any thoughts?

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
... meant to put this up earlier, but here goes.

They're 0-6, and Panzers are 6.5 point favorites. Doug Martin has a torn labrum in his shoulder and won't play. They've got a rookie QB. But I still worry:

(a) they had close games against AZ, NOLA, and NYJ's.
(b) We played terrible against them, and got swept last season.

Any thoughts?

On paper it should be a solid W for the reasons you laid out.
You are right to be worried. Seems like we lose to the Bucs often when we are favored.
If our running game gears back up I think we win handily.
We came out of the Rams game relatively healthy

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper it should be a solid W for the reasons you laid out.
You are right to be worried. Seems like we lose to the Bucs often when we are favored.
If our running game gears back up I think we win handily.
We came out of the Rams game relatively healthy
Team Stats. Bucs are 13th overall in Defense, but 5th against the run @ 88.8 yds/game. They're giving up 252 through the air, in the bottom half of the league. Panthers are at #7 rushing with 130 yds/game.

Last year, we had 10 yards rushing in the first game. :L 97 in game 2. So yeah, something's gotta give there, and we need to get more yards on the ground. We'll probably see a game plan similar to the last couple of games, -> lot of throwing on 1st down in the first half, lot more of the run in H2.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers have this one. Forget last years stats., because this is a new year with different results. Losing Miller is a concern , but still....Panthers win this one.

Tabasco Kat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we pressure Glennon like we have pressured other QB's we should be in good shape I havent heard about Revis this year so hopefully Cam can find the right guy to throw to.
Ginn is stepping up and LaFell has been off and on I expect to see a lot of Smitty and Olsen as usual.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we pressure Glennon like we have pressured other QB's we should be in good shape I havent heard about Revis this year so hopefully Cam can find the right guy to throw to.
Ginn is stepping up and LaFell has been off and on I expect to see a lot of Smitty and Olsen as usual.

In his starts, Glennon took 2 sacks and threw 2 picks against AZ, 2 sacks, 1 INT vs Eagles, 3 sacks, 0 Ints against the Falcs. That's not so bad, but I don't know how many hurries there were. But their main offensive weapon won't play, and that will mean more throwing, in all likelihood. Def need to dial up the pressure, and get the rookie to make some mistakes.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I agree.
We will probably step up the blitzes Thursday.they will go mostly through the air w/o Martin. We would do well to keep Jackson bracketed

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a game we should win and that is what worries me. We will be coming in a lot less banged up than the Bucs and that should help. TB ranks 32 in total yards, 31 in ppg, 17 in rushing, and 31 in passing. Their D ranks 7 in total yards allowed, 8 against the pass, 3 against the run, and 13 in points allowed. We have them beat in every statistical category but defensively not by much. We also have momentum on our side while TB is looking for it's first win. It's there for us, we just have to take it. Our D will have to take control while our O needs to avoid mistakes and turnovers. Tampa has not been loosing by much and that makes them dangerous.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
If you go by stats we should have been able to run all over the Rams but we didn't until later in the second half. I credit Fisher for that. Shiano is no Fisher, however unless we come out focused and motivated I could see us losing.
The bummer thing is I am out of town and will not be able to watch the game. Will be sneaking update peaks on the phone.