• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 4: Time to sink the Bucs.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to see max garcia put up a solid game, but not likely against mccoy. He has been a big disappointment to me.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize this but our secondary has actually been outperforming the group from last year. They are averaging 32 yards less given up through the air per game and QB Rating is actually 8 points lower this year compared to last with us only giving up a 68 QB rating. When you consider who we have played at the QB position it is down right impressive that this group is looking even better!

They don't call it the No Fly Zone for nothing.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just turned on the game, so forgive me if I missed something, but why isn't Siemien playing?

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch is looking pretty good. Very impressed so far. Thomas limping but still hanging in there. Don't let up. Peace.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weather delay. Remind me never to move to Florida. As we wait, 6:52 remains in the game and the Broncos lead 27-7. The defense has been amazing this week. A look at the Bucs offensive stats will tell you that much. The defense has also set the offense up for 17 of its 27 points, so that's a pretty special performance. The Bucs showed up to play, but the Broncos are just the better team. They did do a good job keeping the Broncos offense under control for a good part of the game, but the offensive ineptitude caught up with them and took its toll.

The big story is Siemian leaving with an injury and Lynch coming in. Lynch has done well, but Siemian is "available" if needed. Translation: the media will manufacture a QB controversy in Denver this week.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch looked really good, very comfortable .. I love that Kubiak had him come out throwing it all over

He's obviously comfortable in the shotgun, and that's where he was a lot, but he didn't miss a beat under center

Lynch is going to be a star

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch looked really good, very comfortable .. I love that Kubiak had him come out throwing it all over

He's obviously comfortable in the shotgun, and that's where he was a lot, but he didn't miss a beat under center

Lynch is going to be a star

Many on this site probably know that I'm an unabashed fan of Paxton Lynch. However, I still think it's better for the Broncos if Siemian is doing well and Lynch gets time to learn/develop. I've been pretty impressed with Lynch in this game and he's showing the abilities that I think we all hope to see. Although there's currently a weather delay, I feel pretty comfortable in celebrating 4-0!!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just turned on the game, so forgive me if I missed something, but why isn't Siemien playing?

Because the guy that sacked him spiked him and drove him into the ground ... It was no were needed he tried to hurt him ! and that should of drew a 15 yard penalty !

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos move to 4-0 for the second consecutive year. Lynch looked good coming in for Siemian but it's good to know Siemian doesn't seem to be hurt all that badly. The Broncos went east two consecutive weeks and beat their opponents by a combined 32 points. That's solid. We have a good team in Denver!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver gives up about 60 yards of offense in the 2nd half

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wished the running game had been stronger, but the defense chewed up the Bucs and spit them out. That's good to see.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wolf Man !!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWooooooooooooooooooooooooooooLF!!!!!!!!!

God We got him Dirt Cheap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wahhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Standouts:

Talib - two picks, and when he gets the ball in his hands, he is as electric as any offensive player .. Unfortunately, we just might have to enjoy it while we can, this season ... We cannot replace his presence on this team easily ..

Dixon - did a great job on punts - his best game so far

Billy Winn - really good game, and on the fumble recovery, he showed some sweet reflexes and natural athletic ability

Paxton Lynch - this was the guy who had never taken a snap in a reg season NFL game ?? .. He looked about as cool and comfortable out there as anyone - and came out firing

I don't think Lynch's presence on the field should be underestimated - the team just feels so much more complete with him out there .. Huge arm .. Just stay with him ( all due respect to TS, who has been a trooper )

Shane Ray - again ... for the third week in a row .. standout

Manny - again ... for the third year in a row

Wolfe - the guy is a monster, and obviously has shown the ability to get into the opposition's head ( in addition to the backfield )

Concerns:

The running game .. It's spotty, and inconsistent ..... With Siemian in there,, Kubiak again calls the weakest plays on 3rd and short - hopefully, that will change ( when Lynch is named the starter ... )

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slight Concern

Trevor Siemian's shoulders. 2nd time this year he will miss game because of a bum shoulder. Once in the preseason after trying to tackle a pick 6 and yesterday. I think he also had shoulder issues in college according to his old coach.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Standouts:

Concerns:

The running game .. It's spotty, and inconsistent ..... With Siemian in there,, Kubiak again calls the weakest plays on 3rd and short - hopefully, that will change ( when Lynch is named the starter ... )

2nd and 1 should be a high gamble down for a Super Bowl team knowing they can move the chains on 3rd and 1.

Right now the Oline is not good enough to win the LOS. Maybe it's Ty who is rusty but DS needs to be the RT.
The 3rd and 1's with CJ hit in the backfield will come back to hurt the team at some point if they don't fix this.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver gives up about 60 yards of offense in the 2nd half

That is just insane, granted i think the thunderstorm had something to do with that.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just insane, granted i think the thunderstorm had something to do with that.

Maybe the 4th and 43 had something to do with it. OMG, our pass rush was relentless after the delay. I felt sorry for Jamesis who kept getting up but knew he was going to be hit almost every play.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add to the list: Sylvester Williams is playing very well.

Talib has been playing so well - he should be shot prior to every season.

TJ Ward also playing at a high level.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I love this team! Great time to be a Bronco fan for sure.

Few people I want to recognize

Riley Dixon--The one move I really questioned this off season was letting Colquitt walk. I thought he had clearly won the job and deserved to stay even at his salary. So far though Dixon has done a great job and is actually beating Colquitt in quite a few punting stats. Right now I can only think of one punt that I shook my head at and that was week 1. Since then been very solid and not a liability for this team. Young players just continue to perform for the Broncos.

Gary Kubiak--This guy in my opinion is not getting the recognition he deserves as a coach. I mean the work he did last year with our QB situation and a team trying to change up so much from the year before was just down right impressive. You add in this team does have a lot of big personalities on it and he has really worked well with all of them.

Fast forward to this year and once again a QB controversy was dropped into his lap and he has handled it perfectly. He has worked towards the strengths of his QB's. We saw this week that Siemian goes down and the offense didn't miss a beat. They changed up a bit of how they were running the offense to make Lynch feel a bit more comfortable but yet they still went out and had great success. If anything the offense actually played more consistent with Lynch in the game.

I would also add that Kubiak has shown his players great respect and trust. Every game we have come out throwing. The knock on Kubiak was that he can get too conservative and people talked about how we were going to run the football probably more than any other team (I include myself in that thought process) and yet we see this team not afraid to throw it around no matter who is behind center. There is so much more beyond just the QB spot but this guy in my opinion has jumped up to among the best coaches in the league.

Jared Crick--Had a terrible first game of the year. He hasn't gotten the splash stats but for a guy that was supposed to be a rotational guy to step in to the starting unit and play like he has I have been impressed. He has gotten pressure, he has done decent in the run game, and just has been another one of those underrated Elway signings that works out well for us.

Darian Stewart--For the second week in a row he is the only defensive player that played every single snap. When you consider how hot it has been at these games this guy is a trooper and just continues to play well above his contract. If we lose him after this season he could be one of the tougher losses of this team. I'm hoping they can get something figured out because having that safety depth just makes us that much better.