• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Panthers at 49ers -- Candlestick Park (FOX)

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Hawks and Niners fans must secretly love to troll each other. Lovers quarrel I say!
And we are all shocked that you have to interject your trolling of either/both as it is so rare right? :laugh3:

Let me explain how boards work to you so that you don't have to deal with these uncomfortable threads again. You are free to simply ignore any thread that doesn't interest you. No one will EVER make you click on a thread and read it. You can also fill up your ignore lists with as many SF and Seattle fans as you like.

Always love it when idiots troll others by calling them trolls.

You know I probably wouldn't read any threads that had fights back and forth with chiefs fans and whoever your rival of choice is. And even if I did I wouldn't be a retard and tell both sides to stop it. I'd just enjoy the fight.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any loss at home is bad. To not even score in double digits with that offense is just bad.

Seattle nearly had an embarrassing home loss recently as well, but managed to pull it out. In fact in the almost embarrassing loss department Seattle has several on the year. Difference is somehow they found a way to pull each of them out.

If you want to split hairs over what constitutes embarrassing and feel losing a close one at home is fine then I have no problem with it.

Just consider the source when rivals are making more out of things than you agree with. Kind of how it works isn't it?

Any loss is bad, obviously. If you look at the last few years the 9ers haven't necessarily been better at home or on the road. They have played great both at times, and have some duds on both. Lets not forget Carolina is a very good team.

Last year the Falcons were winning all their "nearly embarrassing" games and look where it got them.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any loss is bad, obviously. If you look at the last few years the 9ers haven't necessarily been better at home or on the road. They have played great both at times, and have some duds on both. Lets not forget Carolina is a very good team.

Last year the Falcons were winning all their "nearly embarrassing" games and look where it got them.

You calling the Hawks like the Falcons?,,,,,Really?

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You calling the Hawks like the Falcons?,,,,,Really?

I would say about a year ago from today the Falcons resembled this years Hawks. They alternate dominant win with close win (often against mediocre teams). Obviously at the end of the day they are wins, so I'm not taking anything away from either- but my point was it didn't punch an automatic ticket to the Super Bowl for Atlanta last year, and Seattle definitely does not have one this year.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know many Seattle fans believe the year is already over and we are for sure going to the SB. I'm not among them. We are in the best position possible and that's all any team can ask for at this point of the season. Lots of games left and things can change in a hurry.

The reason you are getting a ration of shit is MANY 9'er fans told us we were exposed in game 1 when we barely beat Carolina on the road in that 10am start and now you lost a close one at home. Words come back to haunt you sometimes. You may not have personally said something, but you will still be paying the price for those who did on your teams behalf.

If Seattle was exposed vs Carolina in a tough road win, then what would you expect us to say about SF blowing a game at home against the same team? You tell me.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz that is exactly correct and among the Niner posters here they forget very quickly what they said then.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embarrassing? It was not a good game but 9ers lost by 1 point to a very good team.

I disagree, I thought it was an awesome game. Two very good defenses shut down what were the two hottest offenses in the league. A one-point margin, lots of drama (especially in the fourth), tons of good hitting, and the lone touchdown of the game was on a great play call and a gritty run by DeAngelo.

I know, it's easier to say that when my team won the game, but I always like a good defensive struggle.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. We are in the best position possible and that's all any team can ask for at this point of the season.

I agree with that statement completely.

I personally never say any win "exposes" a team. Maybe it can elucidate one or more areas of concern. But I didn't trash Seattle's week 1 loss. I was on this board, and Breaker aside, don't remember many others trashing the win.

Even so, the "eye for an eye" mindset is very beta IMO.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, I thought it was an awesome game. Two very good defenses shut down what were the two hottest offenses in the league. A one-point margin, lots of drama (especially in the fourth), tons of good hitting, and the lone touchdown of the game was on a great play call and a gritty run by DeAngelo.

I know, it's easier to say that when my team won the game, but I always like a good defensive struggle.

I meant it was not a good game or the 9ers.

Kudos to Carolina, your D is for real. I agree it was a matchup featuring two premier defenses in the NFL, and had its fair share of drama.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we are all shocked that you have to interject your trolling of either/both as it is so rare right? :laugh3:

Let me explain how boards work to you so that you don't have to deal with these uncomfortable threads again. You are free to simply ignore any thread that doesn't interest you. No one will EVER make you click on a thread and read it. You can also fill up your ignore lists with as many SF and Seattle fans as you like.

Always love it when idiots troll others by calling them trolls.

You know I probably wouldn't read any threads that had fights back and forth with chiefs fans and whoever your rival of choice is. And even if I did I wouldn't be a retard and tell both sides to stop it. I'd just enjoy the fight.

How cute, I would be just a tad more discrete if I was trolling. Nor would I use the same skit 4-5 times. You should learn how trolling actually works before telling a "troll" how trolling works. Let me explain how trolling usually works on message boards.

The troll makes a post with the sole goal to gain attention in form of posts and almost always negative feedback. Usually, this causes most trolls (not necessarily idiots) to disguise their trolling, this is generally true as if the poster knows it is a troll, the troll will garner fewer replies. However, there is what I'll dub "retard trolling" which is extremely obvious trolling that the troll knows will be replied to in a rather stupid and entertaining manner. Now, there are other things like trolls trolling trolls and other dumb things like that, but I will regrettably fall short of writing a long essay about trolling. What I will say though is that the "retard troll" generally seems to be more common on sports boards for whatever reason.

Trolls generally consider a large volume of replies of a negative nature to be a rather successful troll attempt. As a defense against this, posters will "not feed the troll" or simply ban/flag the troll ( another reason why trolls are generally going to be discrete (unless they are retard trolling) if their IQ is above 70. Get it yet? Call me a troll if you please, it isn't accurate, at worst, I am bothering what I feel is amusing behavior- kind of why I post in these type of threads. Trust me, if I was trolling, I would be much more elaborate than attempting what you describe.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you niner fans are just going to have to put up with the bullshit that the trolls like Supers bring on.

Most of you guys are pretty cool though, so dont take it personally, it's just the way it is. I really like some of the niner fans like RoboticDreams and NinerSickness and I believe that some know that some of the stuff I say is solely targeted at trolls.

I know many of you do this, but when those idiots are spewing their stupidity just join us in calling them dipshits and embarrassments to your fan base. I mean, look at this thread.... A very tough loss and look who's here, the real fans and not those morons.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you niner fans are just going to have to put up with the bullshit that the trolls like Supers bring on.

Most of you guys are pretty cool though, so dont take it personally, it's just the way it is. I really like some of the niner fans like RoboticDreams and NinerSickness and I believe that some know that some of the stuff I say is solely targeted at trolls.

I know many of you do this, but when those idiots are spewing their stupidity just join us in calling them dipshits and embarrassments to your fan base. I mean, look at this thread.... A very tough loss and look who's here, the real fans and not those morons.

The Niner troll's post Hawk related post's weekly,,it is not the 12th man's fault for the backlash.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree.

Shootouts bore me. I love a good D battle.