• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Panic Meter

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do we press the panic meter on this secondary or coaching? Once again I saw sloppy sloppy tackling where our secondary went for a big hit turned their body away from the defender and hit the defender hard with their shoulder instead of making a sure tackle and wrapping up. We can not stop the pass and UCF exposed that and we actually new that before UCF. What will happen when we play good teams that can pass well. Illinois is 34th ranked in passing in the country. We weren't worried about them before the season. Should we be worried now, hell yeah. Yes I'm putting most of the blame on the secondary but I see that area as our biggest problem to fix. We got killed by the Hoosiers off a bye week. I'm scared about the rest of the Big10 schedule. I just hope BOB doesn't leave and maybe the poor record will ensure he won't leave. Should PSU start looking for John Butler's replacement or is it all on the players (I think it is 75% the players). Well praying we find a defense soon so we don't get embarrassed on national tv against Michigan. I'm sure lots of recruits will be at the game and a good game by PSU could go a loooong way in getting them to sign with us.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panic? Honestly I'm close to that when it comes to our secondary. Butler's days as coordinator are number unless the next two weeks show dramatic improvement...

Michigan - I think we still have a chance
Ohio State - Blowout unless secondary steps up BIG, I don't see any realistic scenario in which we win this one.
Illinois - Likely loss, another passing team to shred the secondary
Minnesota - Looks to be a primarily running team, we can handle them.
Purdue - Unless morale is broken by this game we should be in good shape.
Nebraska - Their stats show run as their strength but their QBs scare me, the young kid more than Martinez when it comes to this secondary
Wisconsin - Heavily relying on the run from what I can see so we should have a chance

Looking this over I think worst case we are looking at 5-7, though I think 7-5 is achievable. I think Butler can only remain defensive coordinator if we go 8-4 frankly if only from how everyone (myself included) has turned on him and is ready for him to put up or shut up.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF also moved the ball with ease on top 10 South Carolina, not like they are chopped liver with no talent. As for Indiana, the defense was playing well, the offense is to blame for that loss. BOB called a HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE game. That team couldn't stop anyone from running the ball, yet we abandon it, throw it 50+ times and go for it from out own 35 when we still had a shot. Geno fumbling the kickoff was a back breaker as well. Defense was doing the job and did well enough for us to win until we left them on the field the entire second half.

Still think we go 7-5. Tonight will be big to see how this team bounces back. They regrouped after an 0-2 start last year and an absolute soul crushing loss to Uva on 5 missed kicks. I think they were embarrassed by their effort last week, staff and players, and will ball out tonight. If not, then we are in for long season.

Looks like BOB finally ready to involve TE's more, we really need them to open up the rest of the offense. HAck is starting to lock in way too much on #8, needs to get back to spreading ball around and we need to run it.

Will be nice to have more depth next year with the added ships, that is also a huge blow to our team right now. 2 years we'll be back where we belong with this class and a monster 2015 class along with teh progression fo guys like Hack. BOB is bringning some much needed speed in this year and we are all over a bunch of high end OL/DL and L?B for next class.

Butler is playing teh hand he's dealt. We are forced to play zone because we don;t have enough CB's/S fast enough to play man. They are addressing that in recruiting. Last staff recruited CB's for passive zone, we need to infuse some speed on teh back side of defense