• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers vs. Cowboys: Crowd noise

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I crazy or did that game sound like a Packers home game, particularly in the 2nd half? I don't know if they just had the visitor section of the stands mic'd up really loud or what, but it did not sound like a Cowboys home game in the second half.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that as well, I had to double check during the game that they really were playing at Cowboys Stadium even though I knew the game was there. Packers fans always travel well, even in the Monday Night game in Seattle last year you could hear Cheeseheads yelling "Kuhn."

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers have a huge fanbase everywhere, but Dallas has one of the worst home field advantages in the league. It's sad, because this year they were 5-1 at home coming into this game, so you'd think the Cowboy fans would be excited to see them at home, as it's the road that had been killing.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't their stadium hold something like half a billion people? There's plenty of room up there for a big block of opposing fans to get together and make some noise.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys stadium is the epitome of that franchise and owner, its big, flashy and vapid with no real substance or soul. I think the Hawks actually have the best stadium in the NFL, The Niners new stadium looks promising and reminds me of a College style stadium that just looks like it would be a fun place to watch a game. Cowboys stadium reminds me of an operating room it looks so sterile.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers have the most bandwagoned team in the NFL. It does not surprise me that they travel well.

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a team that has sold out every home game since 1960 has a bandwagoning fan base? lol

Yea that guys a fkn moron. The packers have been around forever and have the most championships of any team. They have an extremely loyal fan base and a very large one at that. Revenge is coming!

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected loud booing from the Cowboys fans if anything. It just threw me off to hear such loud cheering for the road team.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Surprising. Probably about the only teams where the Packers fans would be drowned out by the home crowd are Pittsburgh, Seattle, SF.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. Revenge is coming!

bring-it.jpg

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy Aikman was talking about this last year. He said Dallas (more than any other team) has more corporate season ticket holders than average joe season ticket holders. The result is that a lot of "fans" have tickets given to them for doing business with certain companies and they may not really even be into the Cowboys or even football for that matter. They just go to the game because the tickets were free. Those types of fans are more likely to sit quietly and not get into the game. So Dallas ends up losing any home field advantage it might of had in that billion dollar building.

Dallas needs to open up their seating to real Cowboy fans somehow. Limit corporate buying if they can and they would probably notice a much more aggressive, pro-Cowboy crowd.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troy Aikman was talking about this last year. He said Dallas (more than any other team) has more corporate season ticket holders than average joe season ticket holders. The result is that a lot of "fans" have tickets given to them for doing business with certain companies and they may not really even be into the Cowboys or even football for that matter. They just go to the game because the tickets were free. Those types of fans are more likely to sit quietly and not get into the game. So Dallas ends up losing any home field advantage it might of had in that billion dollar building.

Dallas needs to open up their seating to real Cowboy fans somehow. Limit corporate buying if they can and they would probably notice a much more aggressive, pro-Cowboy crowd.

This is the downside to every new stadium that gets built. Some team owners are so eager to recover the money used to pay for it that they'll do pretty much anything to recoup that money, even if it means pricing out the little people in favor of corporations who can pay more to watch the games, even if they don't care about the outcome as much as the regular fan.

I read that there is no way to get public transportation near the stadium and that their "premium" parking at the stadium is $75(!). That's on top of their average ticket price of over $270. With a team that has been largely mediocre since the late `90's, those prices are going to keep the average fan out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the downside to every new stadium that gets built. Some team owners are so eager to recover the money used to pay for it that they'll do pretty much anything to recoup that money, even if it means pricing out the little people in favor of corporations who can pay more to watch the games, even if they don't care about the outcome as much as the regular fan.

I read that there is no way to get public transportation near the stadium and that their "premium" parking at the stadium is $75(!). That's on top of their average ticket price of over $270. With a team that has been largely mediocre since the late `90's, those prices are going to keep the average fan out.

So basically Jerry Jones is trying to milk as much money as he can to recover from the atrocious amount of money spent to build the stadium.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically Jerry Jones is trying to milk as much money as he can to recover from the atrocious amount of money spent to build the stadium.

Of course he is, and I think a lot of owners in professional sports would do the same thing. At this rate the average fan is going to be priced-out of most stadiums in the near future, but the owners won't care as long as they get a return on their investment somehow, even if it means turning the stadium into one giant commercial break and the crowd into indifferent ATMs. The experience and expense of attending a game live is already encouraging folks to stay home and watch the games in comfort on their enormous TVs that ultimately cost less than season tickets in most cities and offer far more bang for the buck.