• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PACK YOUR BAGS SCHWARTZ!!!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that really pissed me off too. If I'm the owner of the team and I see my woefully underachieving coach mouthing off to the fans (who have every right to be booing his sorry ass) on live television I fire his ass as soon as the game is over.

Like Smitty said, fire him now so that we can get a jump on the coaching search and let all of the potential candidates know the job is available...

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id rather see Millen on the sideline right now that Schwartz

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that really pissed me off too. If I'm the owner of the team and I see my woefully underachieving coach mouthing off to the fans (who have every right to be booing his sorry ass) on live television I fire his ass as soon as the game is over.

Like Smitty said, fire him now so that we can get a jump on the coaching search and let all of the potential candidates know the job is available...

Exactly. Wtf was that ? Ridiculously unprofessional. You don't do that shit to your own fans whether playing for OT was the right call or not. If he's not the ex-Lions coach by tomorrow there's something seriously wrong... but we already know there's something seriously wrong with this ownership.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im actually with Schwartz on the running out the clock. However...... Turning to the crowd like a fucking moron is terminable. (Who the fuck even cares what fans think!?! for fucks sake Jim!)Had we won tonight, he should be fired. But we lost, so he should be fired sooner. There's no sense in keeping him the extra week. Can him, move on, gauge interest. Greenwood, Green, Riddick, Fauria, Taylor, Ansah... That's all that matters during the game next week. Getting young guys more work. Atleast Schwartz left no doubt on what his future in Detroit should be.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Smitty but killing the clock was a terrible idea. You have an opportunity to win in regulation you have to take it. Maybe it would have been picked. Maybe. But even then if its picked down field the Giants had no timeouts and would have had to get really lucky. Maybe a 10 percent chance that the Lions lose the game in regulation if they go for it. In OT its 50/50. The team cant win if they dont even try.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1460947_635633726483611_1635501837_n.jpg

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to see the Lions publically embarrass this fuck as they fire him.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Smitty but killing the clock was a terrible idea. You have an opportunity to win in regulation you have to take it. Maybe it would have been picked. Maybe. But even then if its picked down field the Giants had no timeouts and would have had to get really lucky. Maybe a 10 percent chance that the Lions lose the game in regulation if they go for it. In OT its 50/50. The team cant win if they dont even try.

No, it's still the right call. Even in defeat. If Calvin were healthy it might be up for debate. But he wasn't. There were multiple ways to lose in regulation by pushing for points. Far greater chance of that than the Lions scoring.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has two thumbs and would rather yell at fans than start preparing for OT?

This guy...

Jim-Schwartz-thumbs-up-300x188.jpg

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with less than 40 seconds and no Giants timeouts. An INT likely just sends it to OT. A completion or PI wins the game. Incomplete wouldnt matter. You have to have faith in your QB, O line, and WR's. If you've gotten to the point that you are scared to take a risk that small with the playoffs hanging in the balance then Stafford shouldnt even have been in the game. You have to try to win in regulation.

Valion78

SportsHoopla Noob
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one on the Lions could get open all game hard to believe a long pass would pay off. The real problem is we get so conservative early in games. We would have better chances to make deep completions at times when it isn't as obvious that we will try them. The o line has improved and we ran well but we ran too much and didn't mix near enough misdirection throws. Then when we did the passes were dropped.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with less than 40 seconds and no Giants timeouts. An INT likely just sends it to OT. A completion or PI wins the game. Incomplete wouldnt matter. You have to have faith in your QB, O line, and WR's. If you've gotten to the point that you are scared to take a risk that small with the playoffs hanging in the balance then Stafford shouldnt even have been in the game. You have to try to win in regulation.

What kills me is they had no problem throwing up by 7 with 5 minutes to go when they had already run for 140 yards. Then the game gets tied up and now they decide to get conservative. Exactly the opposite of what should have been done. He is a terrible game manager. He is not a head coach. He is a DC at best.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't say the time would have mattered. Balls get tipped at the line, our receivers drop/tip passes, Staff leaves things high.... all of those happen every game. All NY had to be was within 40 -45 yards. So unless you're throwing a 60 yard pick with no return its going to be trouble. If you throw three incompletions without a pick you have to try and punt. There are a lot of things that can happen when you pass and only one of them is good. I know it's a Lionsfan tradition to second guess every call, but usually Lions fans are wrong.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kills me is they had no problem throwing up by 7 with 5 minutes to go when they had already run for 140 yards. Then the game gets tied up and now they decide to get conservative. Exactly the opposite of what should have been done. He is a terrible game manager. He is not a head coach. He is a DC at best.

Im not mad at that. The Lions should have been doing more of that this year. Small late and 5 minutes to go, I'm fine with them not trying to kill the clock.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't say the time would have mattered. Balls get tipped at the line, our receivers drop/tip passes, Staff leaves things high.... all of those happen every game. All NY had to be was within 40 -45 yards. So unless you're throwing a 60 yard pick with no return its going to be trouble. If you throw three incompletions without a pick you have to try and punt. There are a lot of things that can happen when you pass and only one of them is good. I know it's a Lionsfan tradition to second guess every call, but usually Lions fans are wrong.

Im not sure where you are geting these numbers at but we had the ball at the 28 yards line. We dont have to throw it 60 yards. We had 2 timeouts and 30 seconds. A 35 yard competion would have given Akers a chance. With 2 timeouts we could have moved the ball 40 yards or more without even throwing a hail mary or any overly risky play.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a big problem with playing for OT. But if that was the plan why not just kneel down ? Why hand off at all ? Is Bell going to break one for 50 ? But after he got 10 on 1st down why not try something at that point ? That's just another example of them not knowing what they're doing. Either try to move the ball or kneel down and take it to OT. Don't tease us with a 10 yard gain and then shut it down. That was just stupid. But what was inexcusable was reacting to the fans boos. Goodbye Jim and good luck as a DC somewhere.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure where you are geting these numbers at but we had the ball at the 28 yards line. We dont have to throw it 60 yards. We had 2 timeouts and 30 seconds. A 35 yard competion would have given Akers a chance. With 2 timeouts we could have moved the ball 40 yards or more without even throwing a hail mary or any overly risky play.

Five and a half minutes earlier, the Lions were up 7, attempted a non-risky pass and were quickly in a tie game. That didnt surprise me. I expect that shit. If you don't like the 60 yard number you can feel free to change it to 45. Which still isn't anywhere near automatic range. When was the last time you saw Stafford do what he was supposed to in the waiting minutes of a half? It wasn't today.(Who is he supposed to throw to? Bell?) NY tacked three points on just before half because we gave them the ball back. (Those three points seem rather important now.)It wasn't last week, Staff threw a pick. It wasn't the week before that either. The D was playing at top form. Taking the game to OT made sense.