• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pack Vs Seahawks

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just poor execution by Packers defense. Jolly pushed out and Hyde looks awful again. Fortunately that was SEA starters vs. our backups
Yup.....how about VY though?.....nice drive....just what I was saying.....he still has the legs......too bad he came into camp so late...

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO VY just earned the backup position. He still has to learn the playbook, but who can argue that his skills are not as good as Harrell's

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.....how about VY though?.....nice drive....just what I was saying.....he still has the legs......too bad he came into camp so late...

He doesn't have THE legs but he has enough to make plays. So much better than Graham. Hate the fact that Harrell was getting so many reps

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any issue with Finley. He has had a great camp, has a better mentality and has been great with Rodgers. Could care less if he doesn't look great with a CFL quarterback throwing him passes.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any issue with Finley. He has had a great camp, has a better mentality and has been great with Rodgers. Could care less if he doesn't look great with a CFL quarterback throwing him passes.

cosign

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So it doesn't bother you that he had two passes hit him right in the hands and he flopped on them? Ok then

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
finley will be fine this year...

Jedster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Means will be parking cars next week.

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oline looked crappy tonight. At least we have an awesome punter. Other than that, a pretty uneventful night. Having to watch that game, AND watch that freakin jackass Pete Carroll chomp gum all night long gave me serious heartburn.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say our line got manhandled at all. When Harrell came in we didnt really try to stretch the field at all. Very vanilla offense overall. I just want to see Lacy and Rodgers play together and play aggressively.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they did ok. I'm not concerned about Rodgers being out there for such a short time, he looks like he hasn't missed a play since last season. They'll score TD's, I'm not concerned in the least. I think it was a very smart move.

Seattle has a very good Defense, they probably wanted to see what our young olinemen were capable of in certain situations and make them play thru it win or lose. You don't do that with your franchise QB sitting there as bait. It was good to see what they have against Seattle, we know what we have in Rodgers and he looks every bit as good as he always does.

I think the running game struggled obviously. Again, Harrell was Zero threat to throw so they loaded the box, and GB seemed to run pretty bland run plays, again i'm fine with that. Let's see what we have. It didn't come as a surprise that without some creativity and threat from Rodgers throwing, our oline was overmatched by Seattle defensive front. It wont' always be the case. But I think it taught Lacy that yards are hard to come by in the league and take nothing for granted. It also showed us, Harrell isn't capable of being our back up. He isn't a threat to do anything. SO he knows the offense, BFD.

Finley needs to make catches period. He wins matchups, he can stretch the field, he can make plays, but he's getting paid pretty good money, he's looking for more. To me, at this point he's a very talented TE that makes some huge plays sometimes, but misses a lot of those catches that a top tier TE should make pretty regularly. Like last week or the week before, that goaline drop. It was good defense, the defender had a hand in there and knocked it out of his hands. Can't "blame" him for that drop, but if he was truly that top tier TE like Gonzales has been forever, he makes that catch more often than not. Finley hasn't to this point.

Hyde looks good close to the line, he doesn't look so good covering deep down field, but I love the way he plays. I think a lot of our guys showed a lot more fire tonight, Mike Daniels stood out a lot to me too. Don't know how many plays he made, but he looked good to me too. The whole defensive front did when they decided to to just beat the man in front of them physically and quit trying to run around blockers with speed.

and yes, Pete Carroll and his gum can fucking go. Everytime he came on camera, I looked away. He's a gum chomping version of the dipshit in Detroit, same whiney little kid that's overly dramatic about everything, but with a better disciplined and talented team. I can't stand either of them.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrel is the worst backup I can remember right now.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:
Couldn't agree more. The way he overthrew Finley on that fade route was inexcusable. Frankly, I could've made that throw. Idk what it is with Harrell but he's clearly hit his ceiling.

Last night's game was very sloppy by both teams. The fact that we had to punt three or four times because of penalties on either side before the first half ended was probably some of the worst professional ball I've ever seen. :doh: Someone else suggested that we put in the young linemen in early to see what they could do. I like the idea and they were ok at the beginning, but during the second half, mainly when Young was in, the interior line couldn't run block. I can't remember how many times I saw Lacy get the ball only to make contact half a second later :L. It just seemed as if the entire group was out of sync. It was terrible and should be a cause for concern.

However, did anyone else notice how well the back-ups along the D-line and LB corps did just before Wilson got pulled? Dude seemed to be running for his life most of the time. That was the bright spot that stuck out to me and it's very clear that there is a tough battle to win roster spots on defense. I really wish our offense played the way our defense did for most of the game. The secondary was pretty suspect in the second half. That TD Loyce Means gave up shouldn't have happened. He should be batting that ball down, not trying to pick it off.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For the Packers??

If you are talking league right now, no way. I am assuming you did not watch Packers preseason game vs St. Louis... Clausen was worse than our backup QBs.

I also doubt you have watched all the other teams play, and seeing other teams have recently signed QBs to rosters in past 1-2 weeks I assume there are some pretty awful ones on other teams as well.

That being said, Harrell has his limitations... knows the offense, but cannot get it done. Appears he is on his way out.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say our line got manhandled at all. When Harrell came in we didnt really try to stretch the field at all. Very vanilla offense overall. I just want to see Lacy and Rodgers play together and play aggressively.

I would say they did get manhandled, Lacy had no chances to make plays. It will be different if Rodgers was in there, they would not be stacking the box. But that does not change the fact they got man handled.

Pass protection did OK as did not give up any sacks and generally had time to throw, rush blocking they get a big F in my book.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say they did get manhandled, Lacy had no chances to make plays. It will be different if Rodgers was in there, they would not be stacking the box. But that does not change the fact they got man handled.

Pass protection did OK as did not give up any sacks and generally had time to throw, rush blocking they get a big F in my book.

:10:Couldn't've said it any better myself. There were a few times where it appeared that they barely handed the ball off to Lacy. I think the coaches will instruct him to drive forward instead of dancing to the sides the next time that happens...

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can take anything from this game about our O-line and Lacy, Lacy did have positive yards before the first string was replaced. He didn't have a negative rushing play with the starters, but all three runs with the second string, he was met in the backfield by multiple Seahawks.

While the starters weren't stellar by any means, I believe they weren't any worse than what we had last year. This is nothing to hang your hat on, but hopefully Bakhtiari can develop into a better LT than Newhouse last year, and we can take some kind of step forward.