• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pacers to sign Andrew Bynum

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More blocks doesn't make you a better defensive player.....same goes for steals. If it's the same Bynum we saw in Cleveland and the guy that basically refused to play last yr, nobody is worried.

Mahinmi cant shoot to save his life. All Bynum has to do is stand there and protect the paint and score when he is inside. He can still be effective without being explosive.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More blocks doesn't make you a better defensive player.....same goes for steals. If it's the same Bynum we saw in Cleveland and the guy that basically refused to play last yr, nobody is worried.

In Cleveland he averaged about 8.5 points, 5.5 rebounds and 1.2 blocks while playing only 20 minutes per game. Not too bad. If he can produce similar numbers in Indy, it's a win for Indy.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to imagine him getting 20 MPG game in Indy because I don't see Hibbert playing under 30 MPG. Playing both of them at the same time wouldn't help Indy because it would hurt the spacing on offense =

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to imagine him getting 20 MPG game in Indy because I don't see Hibbert playing under 30 MPG. Playing both of them at the same time wouldn't help Indy because it would hurt the spacing on offense =

I agree. But Cleveland needed that production and those minutes. 10-15 minutes per game with 6-8 points, 4-5 rebounds and a block or 2 would still be good production. Also, what he did in Cleveland shows that he is still capable of quality minutes which would be handy during games when Hibbert is in foul trouble.

In last seasons playoffs, the Heat were able to take advantage when Hibbert was out of the game. If Indy can get solid play out of Bynum when Hibbert is out, it curtails Miami's ability to take advantage.