• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This entire game is a game every single Coug team in my lifetime loses, including the 97 team who had a game like this against ASU. They fucked up a ton, refs jobbed them on some calls and all in all nothing fell their way. This is a “Coug it” game and they pulled through. Minshew has something that gets his guys to believe even when they are sucking and should be getting drilled. The stache better get an invite to NY regardless, there is zero player in the country including Tua who is more important to his team and their success.
Yeah, uh no. That game was lost by Cal when they stupidly put the kid in at QB that can't throw instead of the one that can, and he threw a really bad pick when they were at the 10y tied late. Have the correct kid in and they score at least 3 even if you don't want to give them 7. It was an amazingly stupid series of coaching decisions that had disaster written all over it.

Those kinds of games happen to everyone, including the cougs. You take those W's for what they are and be thankful they are W's.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our fans weren't happy about Jojo Macintosh being tossed out in the first half of ours either.

The rule for targeting is way overboard in both intent and enforcement.

It's like every time they try to clarify what constitutes targeting...they make it even more confusing.

I get that they are trying to make the game safer and that the refs are told to err on the side of caution, make the call and let the replay booth sort it out for them.

The problem is, the replay booth often gets it wrong.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, solid win for USC.

Not because they beat a good team, they didn't. But they were on the road in a place where some of the best USC teams in history have struggled to get a win, where some very good USC teams have lost and they beat them about like they should.

I liked Helton's play calling better than Tee's. If Tee is going to stick around after the season, hopefully he was taking notes.

They still have a lot of work to do. There were still issues with the snap in the shotgun formation and while the o-line played better, they still weren't great.

As a whole, the team still has a long way to go, but it looked like a step in the right direction.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like every time they try to clarify what constitutes targeting...they make it even more confusing.

I get that they are trying to make the game safer and that the refs are told to err on the side of caution, make the call and let the replay booth sort it out for them.

The problem is, the replay booth often gets it wrong.
And each conf is entirely on their own to setup the review team and criteria because of the pseudo vagueness of the rule as written.

I don't get why the NCAA is in the position to set rules, and then entirely leaves it up to the conferences to figure out how to enforce them.

At a minimum we need a national review process and feedback to the conf refs and that doesn't seem to happen.

We also need a review process for targeting that removes a player from the next game. It should be automatic.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Huntley done for the year
Broken Collar Bone buh buy pac 12 south champs.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And each conf is entirely on their own to setup the review team and criteria because of the pseudo vagueness of the rule as written.

I don't get why the NCAA is in the position to set rules, and then entirely leaves it up to the conferences to figure out how to enforce them.

At a minimum we need a national review process and feedback to the conf refs and that doesn't seem to happen.

We also need a review process for targeting that removes a player from the next game. It should be automatic.
Welp I think they need to re write the verbiage. Of Unsportsmanlike and Personal foul. Because from what I understand is if a player or coach gets two unsportsmanlike penalty’s in a game they are ejected. The targeting foul is a personal with an ejection. I don’t think they should eject a player from the game who commits this foul. Since this IS the case they need to get rid of it, or get rid of the unsportsmanlike penalty’s the refs are thin skinned bitches.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
45496801_10218139969433089_7573000810070540288_o.jpg
Who said Manny Wilkins sucks?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, uh no. That game was lost by Cal when they stupidly put the kid in at QB that can't throw instead of the one that can, and he threw a really bad pick when they were at the 10y tied late. Have the correct kid in and they score at least 3 even if you don't want to give them 7. It was an amazingly stupid series of coaching decisions that had disaster written all over it.

Those kinds of games happen to everyone, including the cougs. You take those W's for what they are and be thankful they are W's.

Doesn’t matter if Cal blew it. We played like shit and in the past even when we played like shit and the other team tried giving us the win we always found a way to lose. And I understand why they were switching QB’s both QB’s can do the two things our defense sucks at, but their problem at least from what I recall is they’d run the same run play for their running QB and kept doing the same long ball for their pocket passer. I’d have no issue with a coach doing that but change up the play calls.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put this avi on this morning, but then got called to do some stuff. Hope this is acceptable.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put this avi on this morning, but then got called to do some stuff. Hope this is acceptable.
As bad as UW was in that second half I'd have insisted you don't put an AVI on, win or not.

Sucks to feel so empty even with a win. That was a terrible game.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neuheisel era weasel dog is fine.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp I think they need to re write the verbiage. Of Unsportsmanlike and Personal foul. Because from what I understand is if a player or coach gets two unsportsmanlike penalty’s in a game they are ejected. The targeting foul is a personal with an ejection. I don’t think they should eject a player from the game who commits this foul. Since this IS the case they need to get rid of it, or get rid of the unsportsmanlike penalty’s the refs are thin skinned bitches.

I think they need to tweak the rule to where there is two separate rules much like they have separate rules for essentially the same thing in other aspects. Still eject players for intentional targeting but 15 yards for unintentional helmet contact.