• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC QB kid played well TF…gratz on the win.

Thank you sir. Beavs put up a good fight (as expected) and you know as well as I do about my Trojans in Corvallis. Was nervous as heck about this one.

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, solid win for USC.

Not because they beat a good team, they didn't. But they were on the road in a place where some of the best USC teams in history have struggled to get a win, where some very good USC teams have lost and they beat them about like they should.

I liked Helton's play calling better than Tee's. If Tee is going to stick around after the season, hopefully he was taking notes.

They still have a lot of work to do. There were still issues with the snap in the shotgun formation and while the o-line played better, they still weren't great.

As a whole, the team still has a long way to go, but it looked like a step in the right direction.

Yep... The "O" did pretty decent but damn. That Pass "D" continues to suck 'big time' for the most part.

Anybody we play that has a good passing game is likely to have a good shot at getting past us. OreSt, yet another one, that made SC nervous with their comeback tries.

Gotta get a resupply on my Tums when watching USC play. heh heh :noidea:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... The "O" did pretty decent but damn. That Pass "D" continues to suck 'big time' for the most part.

Anybody we play that has a good passing game is likely to have a good shot at getting past us. OreSt, yet another one, that made SC nervous with their comeback tries.

Gotta get a resupply on my Tums when watching USC play. heh heh :noidea:

Yeah, to be fair, they've had a lot of injuries in the defensive backfield. They've got backups starting and Ajene playing out of position.

Having said that...how many times does a team need to complete that damn slant pass before you decide to do something about it? lol

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DrIo3iWVsAACXYO.jpg

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, to be fair, they've had a lot of injuries in the defensive backfield. They've got backups starting and Ajene playing out of position.

Having said that...how many times does a team need to complete that damn slant pass before you decide to do something about it? lol

At this point I'm just hoping for little victories. Signs that things will or might improve. The bad coaching has fucked up the team and firing the assistant isn't going to fix that. But doing things differently is a step in the right direction. I saw things I hadn't seen in a long time like spreading the Rs out wide then running it for large gains. Putting the QB under center when you're a few yards away from the goal line. Was happy to see that. The DBs will be bright spots in the future. Lots of young talent there.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I'm just hoping for little victories. Signs that things will or might improve. The bad coaching has fucked up the team and firing the assistant isn't going to fix that. But doing things differently is a step in the right direction. I saw things I hadn't seen in a long time like spreading the Rs out wide then running it for large gains. Putting the QB under center when you're a few yards away from the goal line. Was happy to see that. The DBs will be bright spots in the future. Lots of young talent there.

Agree with all of this. I know I've defended Tee, but there was a noticeable difference in the play calling.

Couldn't believe it when I saw the QB under center and like you, was happy to see it. When the QB is under center in short yardage situations, it gives the offense more options, imo. Hard to run QB sneaks and/or power running plays in the shotgun.

Yeah, the DB's are gonna be good, just a lot of inexperience back there right now.

Hopefully, Helton has learned that you can't be too loyal or too patient...the season isn't long enough.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it is being talked about in other parts of this board, what are other Pac fans thoughts on the South race?
Right now you have Utah, USC, and Zona all tied at 4-3 in conf, and ASU a half game back at 3-3.

Utah holds the tiebreaker in direct head to head with both of the other 4-3 teams, but loses it with ASU who is one conf game behind the rest of the field.

Utah just lost their QB for the rest of the year and now has to adapt to a backup. Does that change their stock to you?
Games left:
Utah - Oregon, @ Colorado (BYU, but non con so doesn't count)
USC - Cal, @ UCLA (ND)
Arizona - @ WSU, ASU
ASU - UCLA, @ Ore, @ Zona

Just when it looked semi likely the South would be wrapped up by Utah, They went and lost to the devils and their QB and BOOM, back to 100% chaos.

I really can't throw any out, but zona @ WSU is daunting at best. USC has a solid chance to take those two if they keep on their current arc, but Cal is pesky and rivalry games. Utah looked like the last two should be in their wheelhouse, now? :noidea:

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever comes out of the South will get smashed in the conference title game.

RoyUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 71,368.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it is being talked about in other parts of this board, what are other Pac fans thoughts on the South race?
Right now you have Utah, USC, and Zona all tied at 4-3 in conf, and ASU a half game back at 3-3.

Utah holds the tiebreaker in direct head to head with both of the other 4-3 teams, but loses it with ASU who is one conf game behind the rest of the field.

Utah just lost their QB for the rest of the year and now has to adapt to a backup. Does that change their stock to you?
Games left:
Utah - Oregon, @ Colorado (BYU, but non con so doesn't count)
USC - Cal, @ UCLA (ND)
Arizona - @ WSU, ASU
ASU - UCLA, @ Ore, @ Zona

Just when it looked semi likely the South would be wrapped up by Utah, They went and lost to the devils and their QB and BOOM, back to 100% chaos.

I really can't throw any out, but zona @ WSU is daunting at best. USC has a solid chance to take those two if they keep on their current arc, but Cal is pesky and rivalry games. Utah looked like the last two should be in their wheelhouse, now? :noidea:

Agree that it is complete chaos. I'm confident that Utah can still beat Colorado but not 100% that they can get by Oregon. I could see Cal knocking off SC and Oregon or Zona beating ASU with WSU beating Zona. I don't think it will be decided until the last week.

Whoever comes out of the South will get smashed in the conference title game.

I don't know that I'm sold on anyone out of the north smashing the south. It's not like they've looked all that great either.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas lines for week 11 -
UCLA at ASU | ASU -12.5 | 59 O/U
WSU at Colorado | WSU -5 | 61 O/U
Oregon at Utah | Utah -3.5 | 56.5 O/U
Oregon State at Stanford | Stan -22 | 59 O/U
Cal at USC | USC - 5.5 | 48 O/U

UW and Arizona are idle

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to all ye un-believers
in ASU.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of teams only have 2 league games left and yet there's really like 6 or so teams still very much in the hunt to win the conference. Can't remember it ever being this meh at the end of the year.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checking in to make sure you guys are ok. Nobody is thinking of doing anything stupid are you?

Remember there are people that can help.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of teams only have 2 league games left and yet there's really like 6 or so teams still very much in the hunt to win the conference. Can't remember it ever being this meh at the end of the year.
I think it's 7 teams still alive.

WSU win out.
Washington win out
Oregon win out and have WSU lose all 3 and UW lose to Oregon State and beat WSU.

I thought Stanford was still alive but because UW and WSU still play i think that eliminates them. Stanford could finish 6-3 at best. either UW or WSU finishes at least 6 wins also therefore has the tie break over them.

ASU has tie breaker over Utah and USC already. beat AZ and they have that too. if they win out they Im pretty sure they win the south. no matter what. drop 1 and they still have a shot depending on how the rest of the games go and that 1 isnt AZ.
AZ wins out and both Utah and USC lose 1.
USC win out and have Utah and ASU lose 1.
Utah win out and have ASU lose 1.

I think i did that right.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WSU win out.
Washington win out
Oregon win out and have WSU lose all 3 and UW lose to Oregon State and beat WSU.

I thought Stanford was still alive but because UW and WSU still play i think that eliminates them. Stanford could finish 6-3 at best. either UW or WSU finishes at least 6 wins also therefore has the tie break over them.

ASU has tie breaker over Utah and USC already. beat AZ and they have that too. if they win out they Im pretty sure they win the south. no matter what. drop 1 and they still have a shot depending on how the rest of the games go and that 1 isnt AZ.

all of this will of course change Sat night.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WSU win out.
Washington win out

I said very much alive. The ducks are technically alive, but in a medically induced coma.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the North isn’t decided by the winner of the Apple Cup then the conference should be stripped of P5 status and the Rose Bowl should tell the NCAA to pound sand and invite the loser of the SEC title game over a west coast school.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the North isn’t decided by the winner of the Apple Cup then the conference should be stripped of P5 status and the Rose Bowl should tell the NCAA to pound sand and invite the loser of the SEC title game over a west coast school.
like i said a win by WSU makes sure the apple cup decides it. if they lose Oregon is still alive for another week.