• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no he didn't. It was a clean hit, he just taunted him. Gronk goes WWE on a guy, after the play and got 1 game. Yet Juju should get more than 1 game for taunting after a clean hit?
They both deserve more than one game. Why does it have to be an either or? There is too much of this crap in the game right now and those aren't the only two examples.

There is no place in the game for that shit.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both deserve more than one game. Why does it have to be an either or? There is too much of this crap in the game right now and those aren't the only two examples.

There is no place in the game for that shit.

I disagree on suspending a guy for taunting. Especially after a clean hit. Penalize him, (which they did) and fine him...but suspension for taunting is a bit much, imo.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on suspending a guy for taunting. Especially after a clean hit. Penalize him, (which they did) and fine him...but suspension for taunting is a bit much, imo.
It was a guy that was knocked out ffs. And it was the way he did it. Standing over a guy that is injured that way is simply disgusting. He agreed after that game.

I can understand not agreeing with a suspension, but it's the celebration of that play up here I was responding to. Burfict deserves to get knocked down. Everyone hates that idiot. Doesn't make being worse than him acceptable or something people should celebrating IMO. And I've already spent more time talking about it than it's worth.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a guy that was knocked out ffs. And it was the way he did it. Standing over a guy that is injured that way is simply disgusting. He agreed after that game.

As I said, I don't condone wat Juju did, but I'm not suspending a guy for taunting.

Additionally, I don't know as that it was the taunt that was being celebrated. It was a great hit. Nothing wrong with celebrating that part of the play.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys been dirty since his college days and plenty of hits after the whistle where he could hurt someone. If you're going to play like that you better have your head on a swivel when the play is still going on. This is about the only time a WR gets his shot and he took it. No sympathy for Burfict at all.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a bad bad man. lol Jujus greatest hits. Knocks out Vontez Burfict

badjuju.0.gif

juju-smith-schuster-stiff-arm-1.gif
I don't understand how that wasn't a clean hit.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how that wasn't a clean hit.
Its classic crack back. Up untill about three years ago we could still do it in flag football. Shoulder to chest. But now because he wasnt looking they call him defenceless. For 100 years thats just a clean hit

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its classic crack back. Up untill about three years ago we could still do it in flag football. Shoulder to chest. But now because he wasnt looking they call him defenceless. For 100 years thats just a clean hit
About 90% of what they're calling targeting and guys are getting ejected from games for were called good hits. It's a bunch of horse shit.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys been dirty since his college days and plenty of hits after the whistle where he could hurt someone. If you're going to play like that you better have your head on a swivel when the play is still going on. This is about the only time a WR gets his shot and he took it. No sympathy for Burfict at all.
Actually my first thought about him standing over him is paybacks are a bitch, but for both of them now. WR's take more shots than just about anyone else in the game. You don't want that rep. He's going to get knocked hard by Burfict or some other defender that just didn't like that.

No one questioned whether it was a good hit and no one would have had a single bad thing to say if he has just gone off and celebrated with his teammates.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-star WR Warren Thompson has decommitted from Oregon.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually my first thought about him standing over him is paybacks are a bitch, but for both of them now. WR's take more shots than just about anyone else in the game. You don't want that rep. He's going to get knocked hard by Burfict or some other defender that just didn't like that.

No one questioned whether it was a good hit and no one would have had a single bad thing to say if he has just gone off and celebrated with his teammates.
To me its the grown up version of your kid standing up for himself and smacking the school bully. Yes you teach them that hitting is bad and you're happy no one is seriously hurt but on the drive home you look at your kid and say good job.
And yeah he could have just walked away after the hit. But he didnt so fine him.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long time heavy lean commits this weekend. Another get for the LB corps.

3-Star OLB/DE Zion Tupuola-Fetui (Pearl City, HI) has committed to Washington. Offers included Cal, Oregon, Ore st., WSU and Vandy. A pass rush machine. 50 tackles and 15 sacks for his senior season.

WOOF!!!

Last edited:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOF WOOF WOOOOOOOOOOF!!!!! Commit from a serious trench Dawg in the making.

4-star OL Sam Taimani (SLC, UT) has committed to Washington this evening. His offers included Oregon, Utah, UCLA, Arizona, Colorado, Alabama, Tenn, Wisconsin, Minn, Notre Dame, and BYU.

Huskies are closing in on finishing up the class at this point. The class size is sitting at 17 right now. I'm expecting 2-3 more to finish things off. We got another big visit weekend on the 15th, early LOI signing is on the 20th and expecting a lot to sign then, and we'll be neck deep in practices for the Fiesta Bowl. We still have a couple to come visit in Jan.

As of right now, we've moved up to 11th nationally with this class. Beautiful. :suds:

Last edited:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOF WOOF WOOOOOOOOOOF!!!!! Commit from a serious trench Dawg in the making.

4-star OL Sam Taimani (SLC, UT) has committed to Washington this evening. His offers included Oregon, Utah, UCLA, Arizona, Colorado, Alabama, Tenn, Wisconsin, Minn, Notre Dame, and BYU.

Huskies are closing in on finishing up the class at this point. The class size is sitting at 17 right now. I'm expecting 2-3 more to finish things off. We got another big visit weekend on the 15th, early LOI signing is on the 20th and expecting a lot to sign then, and we'll be neck deep in practices for the Fiesta Bowl. We still have a couple to come visit in Jan.

As of right now, we've moved up to 11th nationally with this class. Beautiful. :suds:
He plays both sides of the ball. He's going to most likely be playing DT for UW.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He plays both sides of the ball. He's going to most likely be playing DT for UW.

There was talk of that over the summer. Notre Dame was recruiting him to OL and many believed that's where he would end up because of that as they were considered his other high choice. I'm not sure if he's still agreed to be groomed as a DT for us, but it's possible that's where he ends up if he's committing to us. We'll find out soon enough. Anyway, massive get the UW trenches. Go Dawgs!!!

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was talk of that over the summer. Notre Dame was recruiting him to OL and many believed that's where he would end up because of that as they were considered his other high choice. I'm not sure if he's still agreed to be groomed as a DT for us, but it's possible that's where he ends up if he's committing to us. We'll find out soon enough. Anyway, massive get the UW trenches. Go Dawgs!!!
I sure hope he's going to play DT because Washington is seriously lacking DT's .. and I mean like big time lacking. If that DL coach doesn't get off his ass and starting bringing in some DT's then Petersen needs to kick his ass to the curb.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 90% of what they're calling targeting and guys are getting ejected from games for were called good hits. It's a bunch of horse shit.

Yeah, literally every player, current and former that I have seen comment on it has said it was a clean hit. A couple also pointed out that Burfict couldn't be considered defenseless because with where he was, if Juju doesn't make that block, Burfict makes the tackle.

Since the rule change, when I've seen guys get ejected or suspended for a hit like that, it was away from the play.

I can't remember ever seeing a guy ejected or suspended for a hit like that when the guy was in position to make the tackle.