• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, literally every player, current and former that I have seen comment on it has said it was a clean hit. A couple also pointed out that Burfict couldn't be considered defenseless because with where he was, if Juju doesn't make that block, Burfict makes the tackle.

Since the rule change, when I've seen guys get ejected or suspended for a hit like that, it was away from the play.

I can't remember ever seeing a guy ejected or suspended for a hit like that when the guy was in position to make the tackle.

I still don't understand the reason targeting became such a big deal they over compensate a rule for it. They know what they are signing up for, is it heartless on my part sure. But the block was IMO perfectly fine for tackle football and the NFL has tried to make the game more entertaining by allowing more celebration which is essentially what he did.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, literally every player, current and former that I have seen comment on it has said it was a clean hit. A couple also pointed out that Burfict couldn't be considered defenseless because with where he was, if Juju doesn't make that block, Burfict makes the tackle.

Since the rule change, when I've seen guys get ejected or suspended for a hit like that, it was away from the play.

I can't remember ever seeing a guy ejected or suspended for a hit like that when the guy was in position to make the tackle.

Standing over him seems to have rubbed people the wrong way. Whatever, not like he dropped trou and tea bagged him or something.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't understand the reason targeting became such a big deal they over compensate a rule for it. They know what they are signing up for, is it heartless on my part sure. But the block was IMO perfectly fine for tackle football and the NFL has tried to make the game more entertaining by allowing more celebration which is essentially what he did.

The whole concussion thing happened. People were exposed to the fact that football players are fucked up when they age, rather than contribute financially to aging players with neurological issues, football leagues decided they'd crack down on big hits, because that way they get to pretend they're doing something, and they get to make it harder on defenses and create more offense, which the lowest common denominator they want to appeal to loves. I say dudes should start going low. Once there's an outcry over everyone's careers ending early because of blown out knees, we can finally just attach flags to everyone's waist and do it that way.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree. It's gotten to the point where I'm not sure the refs know any more what is targeting. So they err on the side of caution (which they probably should) and virtually any hit where there is helmet contact is called targeting.

The thing is...leading with the crown of the helmet has always been illegal. The best way to eliminate targeting (or as close as we're likely to get) is to use proper technique (which Juju did).

Back in the day, what is now called targeting, was called spearing and coached would lose their fucking minds if you did it because it's not only dangerous for the guy receiving the hit, but also potentially even more dangerous for the guy delivering the hit.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Standing over him seems to have rubbed people the wrong way. Whatever, not like he dropped trou and tea bagged him or something.

Yeah, the standing over him shouldn't have been done and even Juju said he was wrong to do that. So, you fine him for that. I would have even been okay if he were ejected from the game for it because it was fairly egregious. Especially since it looked like Burfict got ktfo'd.

But to suspend him for a clean hit on a football play is over the top especially since they only gave Gronk a 1 game suspension for a hit that even he admitted was dirty.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
List of every player to decommit from Oregon this month:

Tre'Shaun Harrison 4* ATH
Warren Thompson 4* WR
Braden Lenzy 4* ATH
Isaiah Bolden 4* CB
Michael Ezeike 4* TE
Miles Battle 4* WR

Looks like their mediocre in-house coaching hire hasn't helped stop the bleeding.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Warren Thompson 4* WR
Braden Lenzy 4* ATH
Isaiah Bolden 4* CB
Michael Ezeike 4* TE
Miles Battle 4* WR

Looks like their mediocre in-house coaching hire hasn't helped stop the bleeding.
Washington will be going hard after Harrison and Lenzy.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Warren Thompson 4* WR
Braden Lenzy 4* ATH
Isaiah Bolden 4* CB
Michael Ezeike 4* TE
Miles Battle 4* WR

i wonder how many above will become beavers…always happens.

(see RB thomas tyner)

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Warren Thompson 4* WR
Braden Lenzy 4* ATH
Isaiah Bolden 4* CB
Michael Ezeike 4* TE
Miles Battle 4* WR

Their class won't implode after that hire. They should finish around 4th in the Pac in the end. They will fill in those lost spots and might find some lower end 4*'s to replace a couple of those and maybe some decent 3*'s. It will drop their average a bit, but they still have some quality that weren't going anywhere no matter who they hired.

In terms of overall quality (average score) I think it's USC, UCLA, UW, and then Oregon and it was that way before these exits. SC and UCLA only have 11 on the books so far and both are in play for some serious hitters. They should both end up 1 and 2 when all are complete.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their class won't implode after that hire. They should finish around 4th in the Pac in the end. They will fill in those lost spots and might find some lower end 4*'s to replace a couple of those and maybe some decent 3*'s. It will drop their average a bit, but they still have some quality that weren't going anywhere no matter who they hired.

In terms of overall quality (average score) I think it's USC, UCLA, UW, and then Oregon and it was that way before these exits. SC and UCLA only have 11 on the books so far and both are in play for some serious hitters. They should both end up 1 and 2 when all are complete.
SC always closes late. They'll end up in the top 10 like always.