• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note Stanford and UCLA just brought home their 114th national championships each.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SC finished #1 in the country in Sacks.But the PAC doesn't play defense :whistle:

i7zu9t2.jpg

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz-
Please note this was done in response to one of "your own". I could have posted it the day they were released if I wanted to be truly douchey. I did not, I posted it in response to your resident OD.

To one of your points, yes they take elite academic students, funny though, they still get those grades in far harder classes. To that point, I almost transferred to UW after freshman year, UW academic advisor told me my 2.8GPA that year would have been re-evaluated and elevated to a 3.5.

I have never taken potshots at you, and this is the thing you take up as a flag to wave. If it is about academics, and true student athletes I am happy to be douchey given the current semi-pro landscape of NCAAF.
First of all, I don't have 'any of my own'.

Second, you follow that up by then trying to further diminish and degrade the education at UW. I get it, you've never minced words about your total disdain for anything UW related. You have a lot of hate for that school, team, and our fans and it shows more often than just when AG ruffles your feathers.

No one would ever question the academics of Stanford and I really doubt AG did. From your own post it would appear UW came in second on that list and was well ahead of the next one. It also appears the two of you were not talking about the same talking points. There's a first team, second team, and then like a lump of honorable mentions. Stanford didn't double up the others in those highest categories, but honestly who cares?

There is no doubt at all that under Petersen academics is a very very high priority just as it was under Don James. They aren't fake degrees for basket weaving you get in some schools gaming the system. At the end of the day that's what any team should be judged on. These aren't just money makers to this school. They are truly student athletes.

Now go ahead and tell us more about how little their education matters. :L

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on the Pac12 site, looked like a good breakdown of bowls/dates/times for the entire conf in order.

Sat., Dec. 16 Las Vegas Bowl 12:30 p.m. PT ABC
Las Vegas, Nev. (Sam Boyd Stadium)
Boise State (10-3) vs. OREGON (7-5)
Tues., Dec. 26 Cactus Bowl 7 p.m. MT/6 p.m. PT ESPN
Phoenix, Ariz. (Chase Field)
Kansas State (7-5) vs. UCLA (6-6)
Tues., Dec. 26 Zaxby’s Heart of Dallas Bowl 12:30 p.m. CT/10:30 a.m. PT ESPN
Dallas, Texas (Cotton Bowl)
West Virginia (7-5) vs. UTAH (6-6)
Wed., Dec. 27 Foster Farms Bowl 5:30 p.m. PT FOX
Santa Clara, Calif. (Levi’s Stadium)
Purdue (6-6) vs. ARIZONA (7-5)
Thurs., Dec. 28 Valero Alamo Bowl 8 p.m. CT/6 p.m. PT ESPN
San Antonio, Texas (Alamodome)
TCU (10-3) vs. STANFORD (9-4)
Thurs., Dec. 28 San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl 6 p.m. PT FS1
San Diego, Calif. (SDCCU Stadium)
Michigan State (9-3) vs. WASHINGTON STATE (9-3)
Fri., Dec. 29 Hyundai Sun Bowl 12 p.m. MT/11 a.m. PT CBS
El Paso, Texas (Sun Bowl)
North Carolina State (8-4) vs. ARIZONA STATE (7-5)
Fri., Dec. 29 Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic 7:30 p.m. CT/5:30 p.m. PT ESPN
Arlington, Texas (AT&T Stadium)
Ohio State (11-2) vs. USC (11-2)
Sat., Dec. 30 PlayStation Fiesta Bowl 2 p.m. MT/1 p.m. PT ESPN
Glendale, Ariz. (University of Phoenix Stadium)
Penn State (10-2) vs. WASHINGTON (10-2)

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on the Pac12 site, looked like a good breakdown of bowls/dates/times for the entire conf in order.

Sat., Dec. 16 Las Vegas Bowl 12:30 p.m. PT ABC
Las Vegas, Nev. (Sam Boyd Stadium)
Boise State (10-3) vs. OREGON (7-5)
Tues., Dec. 26 Cactus Bowl 7 p.m. MT/6 p.m. PT ESPN
Phoenix, Ariz. (Chase Field)
Kansas State (7-5) vs. UCLA (6-6)
Tues., Dec. 26 Zaxby’s Heart of Dallas Bowl 12:30 p.m. CT/10:30 a.m. PT ESPN
Dallas, Texas (Cotton Bowl)
West Virginia (7-5) vs. UTAH (6-6)
Wed., Dec. 27 Foster Farms Bowl 5:30 p.m. PT FOX
Santa Clara, Calif. (Levi’s Stadium)
Purdue (6-6) vs. ARIZONA (7-5)
Thurs., Dec. 28 Valero Alamo Bowl 8 p.m. CT/6 p.m. PT ESPN
San Antonio, Texas (Alamodome)
TCU (10-3) vs. STANFORD (9-4)
Thurs., Dec. 28 San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl 6 p.m. PT FS1
San Diego, Calif. (SDCCU Stadium)
Michigan State (9-3) vs. WASHINGTON STATE (9-3)
Fri., Dec. 29 Hyundai Sun Bowl 12 p.m. MT/11 a.m. PT CBS
El Paso, Texas (Sun Bowl)
North Carolina State (8-4) vs. ARIZONA STATE (7-5)
Fri., Dec. 29 Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic 7:30 p.m. CT/5:30 p.m. PT ESPN
Arlington, Texas (AT&T Stadium)
Ohio State (11-2) vs. USC (11-2)
Sat., Dec. 30 PlayStation Fiesta Bowl 2 p.m. MT/1 p.m. PT ESPN
Glendale, Ariz. (University of Phoenix Stadium)
Penn State (10-2) vs. WASHINGTON (10-2)
Is there a line on the usc and UW games yet?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a line on the usc and UW games yet?
Fiesta opened at -4.5 for Penn State and has moved to -3
Cotton opened at, and is still currently -6.5 for Ohio State.

Both Pac teams are underdogs as expected.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, the two NY6 games are the only lines up so far for any of the teams in the Pac. I'd expect to see quite a few more by tomorrow and all of the games should have lines by no later than Tuesday unless there are some injury concerns they want to hold off on.

The Fiesta game has questions listed about Pettis availability listed on the quick betting sheets and is undoubtedly contributing to the early line.

Not one game on New Years day?
Don't they typically skip Sunday's because of the NFL for top level bowls? I mean you would have a serious drop in viewers who would otherwise always go NFL over College from the fans that follow both.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 1st is on a Monday and there are five games that day. Weird that not one Pac12 team is playing on Jan 1st.

A Rose Bowl with no Pac12 team.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 1st is on a Monday and there are five games that day. Weird that not one Pac12 team is playing on Jan 1st.

My bad, the 1st is a Monday. I forgot the Rose is a playoff game.

I really only care that UW made it into the Fiesta. First time in program history they have played in that particular bowl. Kind of a cool thing.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

new years day bowls dont mean as much as they used to. 8-4 Michigan vs 8-4 South Carolina outback bowl on new years day doesnt mean more than Cotton, Fiesta or even Alamo or Holiday just because they arent on NYD

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip has his second commit today. 3-star OT Alec Anderson (Etiwanda, CA) has flipped from WSU to UCLA after being offered a scholarship this week and visiting this weekend. He had committed to WSU this summer.

Anderson said he started having second thoughts when they found out that Leach had interviewed for the Tennessee job. "I didn't feel secure about the program when all that went down."

UCLA has lost a lot of 2018 OL commits so this is a decent start in rebuilding that part of the class.

Current UCLA OL coach is Hank Fraley who was hired the beginning of this year. Given that Chip and him both orchestrated this flip, this may point to signs that Kelly intends to retain him for his new staff.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, uncertainty still swirling around Ewwwgene and the media following FSU can't say Taggart's name enough.
Florida State football coach search updates

Not only has the ducks already lost one commit (or at least they reopened it), but others are growing restless.

Grumbling around this situation on both sides of it. Those close to Taggart say he has been open and honest with the administration at the school and sources around FSU say if this doesn't happen it's likely because of Taggart's agent who already has been a thorn in FSU's side for years (Jimbo's agent that fleeced them several times as it is).

I'm guessing this comes to some resolution within the next 48 hours. Taggart and the ducks can't afford to have their class start to collapse in the event a deal can't be reached and he stays at Oregon. And if he does go, how many of those kids now in their class decide to flip and go with him given how many are from Florida?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, uncertainty still swirling around Ewwwgene and the media following FSU can't say Taggart's name enough.

Not only has the ducks already lost one commit (or at least they reopened it), but others are growing restless.

Grumbling around this situation on both sides of it. Those close to Taggart say he has been open and honest with the administration at the school and sources around FSU say if this doesn't happen it's likely because of Taggart's agent who already has been a thorn in FSU's side for years (Jimbo's agent that fleeced them several times as it is).

I'm guessing this comes to some resolution within the next 48 hours. Taggart and the ducks can't afford to have their class start to collapse in the event a deal can't be reached and he stays at Oregon. And if he does go, how many of those kids now in their class decide to flip and go with him given how many are from Florida?
I wonder which asst. coach is going to coach Oregon in its bowl game vs Boise St.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder which asst. coach is going to coach Oregon in its bowl game vs Boise St.
Man, I'm really on the fence on this thing. I think Taggart wants that job. I think FSU is at least quite interested. There has been enough buzz around this and no real negative feedback from the powers that be around that program.

Yet here we are with no decision yet. Granted, it's just been two days since Jimbo jumped ship, but you know damned well FSU has been vetting out candidates well before as it wasn't a shock they would have that opening.

The leverage of the new deal on the table for him at Oregon along with the reputation of his agent and how much FSU really doesn't like him could end up killing this deal.

65% chance he gets it at this point? :noidea:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’ve read that part of the issue with the Fisher and FSUs situation becoming so toxic is his feeling that the school had fallen behind the past decade in facilities and his words were falling on deaf ears. Reports are that Taggarts salary would be something like 5 million a year, which would be a serious raise from what he’s getting now at UofO. But part of the new negotiations of any candidates will include promises that facilities upgrades will be implemented. Phil will most likely have to throw in a massive raise to Taggart to try to keep him. And the question needs to be said. Is the guy worth 5 mil a year to Oregon.

There was also the point that Uncle Phil is going to be pissed and FSU is a Nike branded school for apperal. Things could get hinky on that front.

It’s becoming clear that he’s their #1 candidate right now. This will be settled either way this week.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I'm really on the fence on this thing. I think Taggart wants that job. I think FSU is at least quite interested. There has been enough buzz around this and no real negative feedback from the powers that be around that program.

Yet here we are with no decision yet. Granted, it's just been two days since Jimbo jumped ship, but you know damned well FSU has been vetting out candidates well before as it wasn't a shock they would have that opening.

The leverage of the new deal on the table for him at Oregon along with the reputation of his agent and how much FSU really doesn't like him could end up killing this deal.

65% chance he gets it at this point? :noidea:
Recruiting in Florida is off the hook. That and FSU is a big time brand name. On the flip side Oregon's football facilities are second to none and uncle Phil has deep pockets. Tough call.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I'm sure we can agree we want this thing to drag out for weeks more right? Who doesn't love a good shit show and more drama for that school not one year after the last time they went through this. It's becoming a holiday tradition I can really get behind.