• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he were to hire a Helfrich

ok…you're being honest here and so should I. I actually hope-n-pray HC Smith hires Helfrinch, guys an OC dream.

well that and Helfrinch hails from Coos Bay High down here on the Oregon coast. He bleeds orange-n-black and he would be a magnificent OC pick for me beavz. IMO.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Huskies on the Fiesta
I'm liking all the PAC match ups tho should be great games

Oregon/Boise State in the Las Vegas Bowl may be interesting.On one side Boise has owned Oregon.On the other side doesn't OD own Vegas?
on one side you have 2 teams whose players were 10-14 years old last time these teams played.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Stratford, a 6-foot-4, 270-pound offensive lineman from Allen (Texas) has switched his commitment from UCLA to Stanford after picking up an offer from the Cardinals earlier in the week.
Rated in the top10 for OL Centers for the 2018 class.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on one side you have 2 teams whose players were 10-14 years old last time these teams played.
This is true but on the other side you have Brittany Spears playing half time.At the least the GDT should be interesting.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok…you're being honest here and so should I. I actually hope-n-pray HC Smith hires Helfrinch, guys an OC dream.

well that and Helfrinch hails from Coos Bay High down here on the Oregon coast. He bleeds orange-n-black and he would be a magnificent OC pick for me beavz. IMO.

Cant see Helfrich doing that unless it doesnt impact his Nike U. buyout. Not sure if all that buyout was guaranteed or a lot of whats owed gets cancelled if he takes another NCAA coaching job of any kind till the buyout payments complete.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true but on the other side you have Brittany Spears playing half time.At the least the GDT should be interesting.
The Ducks get blessed with a lipsyncing Brittney Spears show? That should help their mood with Taggart at FSU.
:sark:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Stratford, a 6-foot-4, 270-pound offensive lineman from Allen (Texas) has switched his commitment from UCLA to Stanford after picking up an offer from the Cardinals earlier in the week.
Rated in the top10 for OL Centers for the 2018 class.

there is a ton of talent that Stanford consistently gets, big smart dudes…what an institution they run.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank you and as for OC JS…he is my coach now. The world is Jon's oyster , hope he can balance recruiting with JUCO transfers…that is what my team wants for christmas.

Hell, our biggest issue was his play calling. Doesn't mean he can't succeed as a head coach.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Issue is with Helfrich, is if he succeeds he will be gone after a year or two. Not a great long-term hire.

If anything, you guys should've considered him as HC.

Mush

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,309.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all you gotta do is show up outside of the ADs house with pitch forks and torches enmasse and you can stop a bad hire.

There is precedence for this, recent even.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Stanford won't accept kids that aren't at the very top of the academic standards as it is so he is banging a drum and wanting a pat on the back for football players doing well in the classroom? :L I mean really?
:burt:

Do you realize how entirely douchey that is? I mean that's entirely the kind of arrogance one would expect from a Stanford fan and yet I'm at least mildly disappointed none the less.

Jesus man. This shit should be beneath you.
Wiz-
Please note this was done in response to one of "your own". I could have posted it the day they were released if I wanted to be truly douchey. I did not, I posted it in response to your resident OD.

To one of your points, yes they take elite academic students, funny though, they still get those grades in far harder classes. To that point, I almost transferred to UW after freshman year, UW academic advisor told me my 2.8GPA that year would have been re-evaluated and elevated to a 3.5.

I have never taken potshots at you, and this is the thing you take up as a flag to wave. If it is about academics, and true student athletes I am happy to be douchey given the current semi-pro landscape of NCAAF.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz-
Please note this was done in response to one of "your own". I could have posted it the day they were released if I wanted to be truly douchey. I did not, I posted it in response to your resident OD.

To one of your points, yes they take elite academic students, funny though, they still get those grades in far harder classes. To that point, I almost transferred to UW after freshman year, UW academic advisor told me my 2.8GPA that year would have been re-evaluated and elevated to a 3.5.

I have never taken potshots at you, and this is the thing you take up as a flag to wave. If it is about academics, and true student athletes I am happy to be douchey given the current semi-pro landscape of NCAAF.

It's all about perspective. I went to a private college prep High School. I had average grades taking Physics and chemistry while neighborhood friends were getting As and Bs at the local city High School with classes like algebra. That's why I laugh that every year Alabama boasts the most AAs in the SEC over the likes of Duke and Vanderbilt.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd have to say, the most underrated cities in the entire NW. Every 4th of July I'm at the Mill.