• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington was supposed to have a bye week before playing Oregon this year. That didn't happen.
so the article is only bitching because of the circumstances around the schedule change because up until a week ago there was no issue

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the article is only bitching because of the circumstances around the schedule change because up until a week ago there was no issue
The article is pretty self explanatory not to mention it's from a USC website.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very common with SEC Schools. As I’ve mentioned a thousand times. You want to compete with them you have to recruit like them.

Who will have college football's top decommitment class?

When you start getting top recruiting classes, decommits are part of the deal.

Guys commit, then find out the position they're at is loaded or the team is going to want to them to redshirt or the redshirt junior that everyone thought was leaving decided to stay...all kinds of reasons.

Sometimes they just make an emotional decision rather than one that's been thought out.

Jack Yary just decommitted from USC a couple of weeks or so ago. He had probably gotten all caught up in the nostalgia of following in his Dad's footsteps and being an All American at the same school his Dad was an All American at.

Then he realized that USC's offense doesn't really use tight ends all that much.

So, now he's going to UW where he'll likely fit better into their offense.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you start getting top recruiting classes, decommits are part of the deal.

Guys commit, then find out the position they're at is loaded or the team is going to want to them to redshirt or the redshirt junior that everyone thought was leaving decided to stay...all kinds of reasons.

Sometimes they just make an emotional decision rather than one that's been thought out.

Jack Yary just decommitted from USC a couple of weeks or so ago. He had probably gotten all caught up in the nostalgia of following in his Dad's footsteps and being an All American at the same school his Dad was an All American at.

Then he realized that USC's offense doesn't really use tight ends all that much.

So, now he's going to UW where he'll likely fit better into their offense.
AG won’t understand a word of that

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.... Theo coug'd it? :noidea:

:peep:

Lol, I don’t have any idea of what is going on right now. Theo has a report from Kassidy Woods mom and dad and supposedly has a recorded phone call that transcripts are available but the audio I can’t hear last time I checked. At least two people Theo wrote were cut out on Twitter it is false. So not sure if some people are trying to be involved in the “movement” or just opted out of playing so they aren’t allowed to be around the program including weight room etc. I can’t imagine Coach Rolo is going to come in guns a blazing with his political beliefs the way Leach did/does.

Maybe it is a LDS thing?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article is pretty self explanatory not to mention it's from a USC website.
does Washington need a safe space from the bully conference people? university of washington snowflakes

Muncie2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I read through the list of player demands, and I think it is both a fairly comprehensive list of requests and fairly reasonable. I dont agree with everything, but it all seems to be in the ballpark for good-faith negotiation.

I think the 50% revenue split is going to be tough to get.

I think the 2% investment in low-income black communities and the annual black college athlete summit should be expanded to be more inclusive to include other minority athletes like asian or latin players and communities.

I really like the request for 1 free transfer, 6 year scholarships, and being able to return to college if you go undrafted.

And I felt the demand for stanford to reinstate the yuppie sports and an end to the lavish facilities surprising. As for the sport reinstatement I dont think the players should be able to tell the athletic departments how to spend their endowments. Regarding the facilities, if all the players are on board with not having to update facilities every 5 years, I'm sure the schools would jump on board. I just dont know if that is realistic with the recruiting process.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they wanted profit sharing and some sort of oversight that would allow them to avoid underhanded accounting to hide profit, that'd be one thing. Asking for a 50/50 split of revenue is insane.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
soooo... I should take ASU to win the Pac now?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WSU’s PR machine was all over that. Rolo’s starts off with kind a PR nightmare just like Leach did will cancelling a home and home with BYU and cut the best receiver we ever had in Marquees Wilson over the phone in kind of the he/he said way.

Muncie2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but what the elite school's may fear, and what the rest of us should want, is that an economic reimbursement program to all College athletes would probably have the effect of leveling the recruiting and playing field across the NCAA. Some schools would no longer have "hidden" benefit packages (aka bribery, fake jobs, etc) as an unfair enticement to young recruits. Instead, HS athletes could attend any school knowing that compensation would probably be uniform and fair. Then, the actual criteria for choosing a school might change to emphasizing education and intangibles like distance from home, etc.

I am proud that Cal students are behind this. They are a credit to the university and society.