• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's some bs. UW was supposed to have bye before the Oregon game and now Oregon is the one with the bye.
Is what it is.
That being said, I do like that we play later in the season, rather than 1st PAC game in Sept. Both teams will be seasoned and less excuses involved whatever the final.score is.
Let's turn it into a house of horrors for the Ducks on Holloween and make um.cry in all their dumb Nike U. related costumes.

My initial reaction is the Huskies have a favorable balanced schedule and I see lots of Ws there. Very weird to get USC for final game, but this whole year has been one big case of weird.

Great to see the PAC has a plan in place for camps and season that looks solid. Hope it happens and go Dawgs!!!!

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is what it is.
That being said, I do like that we play later in the season, rather than 1st PAC game in Sept. Both teams will be seasoned and less excuses involved whatever the final.score is.
Let's turn it into a house of horrors for the Ducks on Holloween and make um.cry in all their dumb Nike U. related costumes.

My initial reaction is the Huskies have a favorable balanced schedule and I see lots of Ws there. Very weird to get USC for final game, but this whole year has been one big case of weird.

Great to see the PAC has a plan in place for camps and season that looks solid. Hope it happens and go Dawgs!!!!

Unfortunate it won't be a packed house, Halloween games always have a bit extra going on in the atmosphere department.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy who is the USC head coach is maybe one of the luckiest people ever.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why 10 though? Why not just add that last one and give us a FULL conf slate for old time sakes? :noidea: UW leaves off ASU it looks like. Did they feel they had to do that to still have it to not cheapen the need for a CCG? Because the B12 plays each other and still has one anyway and in a weird season who would really care?

Just feels like a missed opportunity to do something special in a year devoid of normality.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why 10 though? Why not just add that last one and give us a FULL conf slate for old time sakes? :noidea: UW leaves off ASU it looks like. Did they feel they had to do that to still have it to not cheapen the need for a CCG? Because the B12 plays each other and still has one anyway and in a weird season who would really care?

Just feels like a missed opportunity to do something special in a year devoid of normality.

Guessing they wanted the 1-week flexibility.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing they wanted the 1-week flexibility.
Don't get me wrong, I'll be quite content if that whole slate happens and the season isn't shut down, but a complete conf slate would have been extra cool.

I still don't hold a lot of hope the whole thing happens. Hopefully we get at least some games in if there is a pause button.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice, 10-0 here we come.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy who is the USC head coach is maybe one of the luckiest people ever.

He started the Covid to save his job.

Now, he will lead USC on a run that will make the Pete Carroll era look like the Paul Hackett era.

Y'all been playing checkers while Helton has been playing 4D chess and pulling off the greatest long con in history. :nod:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I'll be quite content if that whole slate happens and the season isn't shut down, but a complete conf slate would have been extra cool.

I still don't hold a lot of hope the whole thing happens. Hopefully we get at least some games in if there is a pause button.

I read that they did it to allow an extra flexibility in case "make up" games are needed.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rapid reaction from the Pac-12's schedule announcement

Stanford at Arizona State (Oct. 3): Arizona State already had a tough Pac-12 draw with trips scheduled to USC and Oregon. It didn't get any easier by adding the Cardinal, who should be considered a sleeper team in the Pac-12 North.

Washington State at USC (Nov. 7): This is no longer a matchup of Air Raid teams, but it should be high scoring nonetheless. This game will be the lead up to one of the toughest stretches in the country as the Trojans end the season with this slate: at Oregon, Arizona State, at Utah, Washington.

Cal at Arizona (Nov. 14): Cal, a program that returns 18 starters, got a big break here by adding arguably the league's worst team. The Bears will play most of their toughest games (Washington, Stanford, Oregon, Utah) at home.

UCLA at Washington (Nov. 21): UCLA needs a big Year 3 under Chip Kelly, while Washington's going to have a talented defense per usual but is hoping new coach Jimmy Lake can coax the offense to the level needed for conference contention. Grad transfer QB Kevin Thomson might help

Oregon State at Colorado (Nov. 28): This is the least sexy matchup of the bunch, but don't miss out on the opportunity to watch Oregon State linebacker Hamilcar Rashed, who posted 22.5 tackles for loss last season. The Beavers, which surprised many last season by finishing 5-7, are also going to likely roll with former Nebraska QB Tristan Gebbia, who is in line to start following a two-year wait.

Oregon at Utah (Dec. 5): The Ducks were already scheduled to draw USC from the Pac-12 South, and they arguably added the division's second-best team in Utah. Oregon will still likely be favored in every game ahead of them in the Pac-12. But you could strongly argue Oregon (and Utah) added the most difficult game among contenders.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO no Pac 12 sports this year with these asinine demands? How much income do they want? Racial injustices to be fixed at all the schools?

Pac-12 player group threatens to opt out, makes list of demands on injustice, safety

Pac-12 players threaten to opt out, list demands

"Neither the Conference nor our university athletics departments have been contacted by this group regarding these topics," a Pac-12 statement said. "We support our student-athletes using their voice and have regular communications with our student-athletes at many different levels on a range of topics. As we have clearly stated with respect to our fall competition plans, we are, and always will be, directed by medical experts, with the health, safety and well being of our student athletes, coaches and staff always the first priority. We have made it clear that any student athlete who chooses not to return to competition for health or safety reasons will have their scholarship protected."

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO no Pac 12 sports this year with these asinine demands? How much income do they want? Racial injustices to be fixed at all the schools?

Pac-12 player group threatens to opt out, makes list of demands on injustice, safety

Pac-12 players threaten to opt out, list demands

"Neither the Conference nor our university athletics departments have been contacted by this group regarding these topics," a Pac-12 statement said. "We support our student-athletes using their voice and have regular communications with our student-athletes at many different levels on a range of topics. As we have clearly stated with respect to our fall competition plans, we are, and always will be, directed by medical experts, with the health, safety and well being of our student athletes, coaches and staff always the first priority. We have made it clear that any student athlete who chooses not to return to competition for health or safety reasons will have their scholarship protected."
Idiots. Yank their scholarships and give them 72 hours to gtfo of the dorms.