• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pirate in the playoffs would be worth no other PAC teams even making a bowl. lol

I imagine I’d feel similar if my team wasn’t going to a bowl.

Maybe this way he’ll lay out his 64 team playoff plan during his Peach Bowl press conference, you’re giving up on the potential way too easy.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Folks can say what they want about Helton, but the players still seem to have his back.

JT Daniels on the fans who financed the "Fire Clay Helton" banner that was flown over the stadium before the game: "It's stupid. This game, you don't blame a coach for two fumbles in the red zone. You don't blame a coach for throwing the ball too high or half a yard out of bounds. Those aren't things you blame a coach for. It's backwards. It's players things. Me personally, I would blame Jake Olson's dog before I would blame a coach for a loss. We're 18-23 year old men. It's on us, if we want to win football games, to go out and win football games".

I'm glad they have his back but the players arent the ones in charge of making half time adjustments. That was clearly an issue all season long. The players make stupid penalties and looked confused many times. That's also on the coaches. Playing upperclassmen when they were clearly not the best option is on the coaches. Players coming in as highly ranked and not getting better and getting dominated by players USC wouldn't have even looked at is clearly on the coaches . I hope there's more changes to come. Hopefully Clay getting a vote of confidence makes some good assistants more inclined to join his staff.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College football bowl projections after Week 13

Kyle Bonagura and Mitch Sherman ESPN
Mitsubishi Motors Las Vegas Bowl

Sam Boyd Stadium, Las Vegas
Dec. 15, 3:30 p.m. (ABC)

Bonagura: Stanford vs. Fresno State
Sherman: Stanford vs. Boise State

Cheez-It Bowl

Chase Field, Phoenix
Dec. 26, 9 p.m. (ESPN)

Bonagura: Boise State vs. TCU
Sherman: Cal vs. Fresno State

Valero Alamo Bowl

Alamodome, San Antonio
Dec. 28, 9 p.m. (ESPN)

Bonagura: Utah vs. Iowa State
Sherman: West Virginia vs. Washington State

Redbox Bowl

Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, California
Dec. 31, 3 p.m. (Fox)

Bonagura: Cal vs. Wisconsin
Sherman: Minnesota vs. Oregon

San Diego County Credit Union Holiday Bowl

SDCCU Stadium, San Diego
Dec. 31, 7 p.m. (FS1)

Bonagura: Oregon vs. Iowa
Sherman: Iowa vs. Utah

Hyundai Sun Bowl

Sun Bowl Stadium, El Paso, Texas
Dec. 31, 2 p.m. (CBS)

Bonagura: Arizona State vs. Virginia
Sherman: Arizona State vs. Virginia

PlayStation Fiesta Bowl

State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Arizona
Jan. 1, 1 p.m. (ESPN)

Bonagura: Washington State vs. Michigan
Sherman: Michigan vs. LSU

Rose Bowl Game Presented by Northwestern Mutual

Rose Bowl, Pasadena, California
Jan. 1, 5 p.m. (ESPN)

Bonagura: Ohio State vs. Washington
Sherman: Ohio State vs. Washington

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New bowl projections with just ONE. SATURDAY. LEFT.

Rose (Pasadena, California): Michigan vs. Washington
Fiesta (Glendale, Arizona): LSU vs. Washington State
Holiday (San Diego): Northwestern vs. Oregon
Sun (El Paso): Virginia vs. Cal
Alamo (San Antonio): Texas vs. Utah
Redbox (Santa Clara, California): Wisconsin vs. Arizona State
Las Vegas: Fresno State vs. Stanford

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad they have his back but the players arent the ones in charge of making half time adjustments. That was clearly an issue all season long. The players make stupid penalties and looked confused many times. That's also on the coaches. Playing upperclassmen when they were clearly not the best option is on the coaches. Players coming in as highly ranked and not getting better and getting dominated by players USC wouldn't have even looked at is clearly on the coaches . I hope there's more changes to come. Hopefully Clay getting a vote of confidence makes some good assistants more inclined to join his staff.

Agree with most of this. Most of it is on the assistants, imo. The HC is more CEO than actual coach. What made the USC teams under Coach Carroll wasn't that he's such a great coach, it's that he hired the best assistants he could get and let them do their job.

Both Swann and Helton mentioned staff changes...hopefully that means we are getting some new assistants.

Someone mentioned that Clay should call Kingsbury to be his OC...what do you think? Also, I did see some improvement in the o-line since Drevno took over. What do you think of him staying in that spot?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with most of this. Most of it is on the assistants, imo. The HC is more CEO than actual coach. What made the USC teams under Coach Carroll wasn't that he's such a great coach, it's that he hired the best assistants he could get and let them do their job.

Both Swann and Helton mentioned staff changes...hopefully that means we are getting some new assistants.

Someone mentioned that Clay should call Kingsbury to be his OC...what do you think? Also, I did see some improvement in the o-line since Drevno took over. What do you think of him staying in that spot?

With the talent USC gets you don't need an offensive genius to run it. You need someone who can put together a game plan exploiting the other teams weakness. When you have better players than most teams in your conference you will have teams that can be exploited. He also has to be experienced enough to predict how the other team will adjust and be ready for it with a plan B. here were many games USC got up by two TDs and then stalled when the other team adjusted. Would I like a Sean McVay offensive guru type? Of course. But like I said before, with the talent USC gets it shouldn't be too hard to run a decent offense if you know how to use your weapons. Kingsbury would be a good get in my opinion. I think he understands a more wide open offense which could work at USC.
I would keep Drevno.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Khalil Tate is probably looking into transferring. He'd likely be starting next season but bye, bye i guess. This must mean Mazzone is staying.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think SC ( Swannie) made the right choice, and no I'm not saying it so they continue to suck.
I don't think he's had the time to get it back on the full track. They get the players now it's the coaching that needs to be adjusted. Get a good OC and a DC that loves to blitz the hell out of other offenses and they be just as strong as the SC of old...

And Wazzu needs to man up and kick the whiner to the curb, if it's true he was interested in going back to Texas then send him packing, get on a plane, fly to Berkley and bring Baldwin home! He wouldn't bitch and moan about the damn snow falling as his offense chucks the ball around the field....

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Khalil Tate is probably looking into transferring. He'd likely be starting next season but bye, bye i guess. This must mean Mazzone is staying.
Weird.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sumlin is such a fuck up I love it

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think SC ( Swannie) made the right choice, and no I'm not saying it so they continue to suck.
I don't think he's had the time to get it back on the full track. They get the players now it's the coaching that needs to be adjusted. Get a good OC and a DC that loves to blitz the hell out of other offenses and they be just as strong as the SC of old...

And Wazzu needs to man up and kick the whiner to the curb, if it's true he was interested in going back to Texas then send him packing, get on a plane, fly to Berkley and bring Baldwin home! He wouldn't bitch and moan about the damn snow falling as his offense chucks the ball around the field....
Did Leach bitch and moan? The press conference I saw he downplayed the weather and gave UW credit.