• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the talent USC gets you don't need an offensive genius to run it. You need someone who can put together a game plan exploiting the other teams weakness. When you have better players than most teams in your conference you will have teams that can be exploited. He also has to be experienced enough to predict how the other team will adjust and be ready for it with a plan B. here were many games USC got up by two TDs and then stalled when the other team adjusted. Would I like a Sean McVay offensive guru type? Of course. But like I said before, with the talent USC gets it shouldn't be too hard to run a decent offense if you know how to use your weapons. Kingsbury would be a good get in my opinion. I think he understands a more wide open offense which could work at USC.
I would keep Drevno.

Agree about the offense. Kingsbury would be a great get, but the one concern I'd have is that he may not be around long if he gets the offense rolling.

I thought the o-line improved noticeably with Drevno. Unless I missed it, I think this was the first game where Lobendahn didn't have a bad snap.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine I’d feel similar if my team wasn’t going to a bowl.

Maybe this way he’ll lay out his 64 team playoff plan during his Peach Bowl press conference, you’re giving up on the potential way too easy.

I would volunteer for USC to not go to a bowl if it meant The Pirate in the playoffs. That's once in a lifetime level shit and you Huskies had to go and fuck it up for everyone. :tsk:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would volunteer for USC to not go to a bowl if it meant The Pirate in the playoffs. That's once in a lifetime level shit and you Huskies had to go and fuck it up for everyone. :tsk:

But it just shows the Pac 12 is a legit college conference. Petersen could have gone all Saban when Alabama threw the Iron Bowl to Cam Newton but no, we as a conference don’t want our rivals to succeed at their expense.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp getting up for the trip to Cali. Oceanside, then heading up to Santa Clara for the game. Sec 134 bitches! I’ll be looking for tailgaters from Washington. I’ll have some Scotch to offer. It will be a little smoky tasting but after that, I’ll give ya a cigar. Hit me up if you’re going I’d love to meet some HOOP peeps.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh by the way it will be a full bottle hence I CANT drink! I hate Alcohol Intolerance. It’s Phuked up!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Oly be all salty as hell lately.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even sure why the conference is still having the game in a shitty location on a shitty night to play a sporting event. The real conference championship was just played in the snow. Utah is just a game to pad win totals.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even sure why the conference is still having the game in a shitty location on a shitty night to play a sporting event. The real conference championship was just played in the snow. Utah is just a game to pad win totals.
Damn that jelly donut doesn’t taste that good it seems. But the real CCG is being played Friday night. You should watch the best two teams in the PAC.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree about the offense. Kingsbury would be a great get, but the one concern I'd have is that he may not be around long if he gets the offense rolling.

I thought the o-line improved noticeably with Drevno. Unless I missed it, I think this was the first game where Lobendahn didn't have a bad snap.

I don't recall any horrible snaps by Toa but he did get penalized once for movement and another time the entire offense moved except him. The guy next to me said "great , everyone knew the snap count except our fifth year senior center".lol, It's pretty sad that you can say Toa had a good game because he was only penalized twice and didn't snap it over the QBs head.. Some O linemen go a season with two penalties.
These days you have to hire a guy with the knowledge that if he's good you might only have him for a couple years. I've always had the suspicion that Clay was afraid to hire someone who could be a fan favorite to take his job. So he hired friends family and guys who were beholden to him for their first big tie college football job. I hope Swan had beat it into his head he needs to hire someone with more experience. He doesn't have the luxury of grooming a guy for the job. It would have been nice for Tee to have taken the opportunity and ran with it but something just wasn't working. Maybe the offensive line problems did him in we will never know.
One local guy tearing it up is Eric Bieniemy. He is a Bishop Amat grad and now the offensive coordinator at Kansas City Chiefs. He went to running back coach at Colorado then went to UCLA then Kansas City then became the OC and now he's running one of the best offenses in the NFL.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn that jelly donut doesn’t taste that good it seems. But the real CCG is being played Friday night. You should watch the best two teams in the PAC.

Lol on it being the best two teams. You know damn well you are in an exhibition game.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L@@KING GOOD mike!

bet your IQ jumped as well…j/k.
giphy.gif

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall any horrible snaps by Toa but he did get penalized once for movement and another time the entire offense moved except him. The guy next to me said "great , everyone knew the snap count except our fifth year senior center".lol, It's pretty sad that you can say Toa had a good game because he was only penalized twice and didn't snap it over the QBs head.. Some O linemen go a season with two penalties.
These days you have to hire a guy with the knowledge that if he's good you might only have him for a couple years. I've always had the suspicion that Clay was afraid to hire someone who could be a fan favorite to take his job. So he hired friends family and guys who were beholden to him for their first big tie college football job. I hope Swan had beat it into his head he needs to hire someone with more experience. He doesn't have the luxury of grooming a guy for the job. It would have been nice for Tee to have taken the opportunity and ran with it but something just wasn't working. Maybe the offensive line problems did him in we will never know.
One local guy tearing it up is Eric Bieniemy. He is a Bishop Amat grad and now the offensive coordinator at Kansas City Chiefs. He went to running back coach at Colorado then went to UCLA then Kansas City then became the OC and now he's running one of the best offenses in the NFL.
One local radio head was saying yesterday, after all the lawsuits for the infamous doc, the school's hands were tied, no cash for the big name hire these days (Or not enough), so they stayed the course with Helton.

Honest question........Do any of yous on the wrong side of the freeway think there's any truth to it?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Leach bitch and moan? The press conference I saw he downplayed the weather and gave UW credit.

No I know there was chatter on Sunday that he was interested in returning to TT and that the boosters were begging for his return, but it sounds like he squashed that crap last night...

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One local radio head was saying yesterday, after all the lawsuits for the infamous doc, the school's hands were tied, no cash for the big name hire these days (Or not enough), so they stayed the course with Helton.

Honest question........Do any of yous on the wrong side of the freeway think there's any truth to it?

I think not having a president right now and his buyout and it happening after two 10 win seasons does give Clay that one last year. I think next season has to be 9 plus wins or he's gone. That extension Swan gave him was unnecessary and helped tie his hands. He basically had no other bidders so there was no reason to add more years and a bigger buyout to Clays contract. Rookie AD move by Lynn.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. I think that there were 2 main reasons he was kept.

First, I think Swann wants some stability at the position. Remember, after Pete Carroll, we had Kiffin for about 3 years, then Sark for about a year. I think Swann felt that the accomplishments of his first 2 years earned him at least one season to try and right the ship after this year.

Having said that, another season like this one, all of that will be out the window and Helton will be gone in pretty short order. I agree with @socaljim242 that Helton hired friends, coaches beholden to him, etc. because he was afraid of hiring someone that could end up being his replacement. Hopefully, he has learned his lesson and will do like Pete Carroll did, hire the best possible guys and let them do their jobs.

Second, I think having an interim president probably has something to do with it too. The interim may not want to be hiring for a multi-million dollar position. I'd also add that having an interim president may cause some candidates to think twice about the job. We know that when folks take over that type of position, they like to bring in their own people. So, if the new president decides he wants a different AD, the new coach ends up working for an AD who didn't hire him.

Last edited:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The purge continues.

Helton might of saved his job, but that meant some of his staff wouldn't survive as part of the deal.

So far its the DB coach, DL coach, QB coach, and its becoming official that OC Tee Martin is gone as well.

Will be intersting to see what this means for the current recruit class and how they plan to finish at LOI.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The purge continues.

Helton might of saved his job, but that meant some of his staff wouldn't survive as part of the deal.

So far its the DB coach, DL coach, QB coach, and its becoming official that OC Tee Martin is gone as well.

Will be intersting to see what this means for the current recruit class and how they plan to finish at LOI.

I think it's good that it's happening this quickly. Should give him plenty of time to get those positions filled before LOI day.