• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never a good sign when a college program goes backwards like USC has/is. Their recruiting class currently sits outside the top 25. Chip Kelly is in the first phase of turning around their rival school and just took the head-to-head W.

Lynn Swann should start looking for another job.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Vitamike sorry been buried with honey dos. It looks fine, as bad as Stanford played yesterday on D, I almost feel bad you have to wear it.
No big, it's only a week. At least it's not some condom avi. :dhd:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Helton will stay, if this is correct.

AND, personally, I am okay with this. As long as he cleans up his coaching staff, we will get back on track. We shall see... :nod:

USC Sticking with Clay Helton

I'm good with this and I like and agree with Swann's reasoning. There needs to be marked improvement next year though. I was also glad that he mentioned changes in the staff.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never a good sign when a college program goes backwards like USC has/is. Their recruiting class currently sits outside the top 25. Chip Kelly is in the first phase of turning around their rival school and just took the head-to-head W.

Lynn Swann should start looking for another job.

lol

USC is pretty much always outside the top 25 at this time of the year. In fact, they are usually ranked pretty low even going into national signing day and they virtually always ends up with a top 5 class and the top class in the PAC.

The level of kids they typically recruit don't commit early because they don't have to.

As for Chip we'll see. Mora won his first 3 vs. USC and lost the next 3.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the key though. His early record off someone else's kids really don't mean much when a couple of years later he is going below the mendoza line of college football for a team that historically doesn't do that even when faced with the same challenges Helton had.

Those kids were every bit as much his as anyone. Heck, he recruited most of them, including Darnold. He just wasn't the HC yet. Part of the reason they kept him was because the kids all wanted him as HC because he had recruited them.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Chip we'll see. Mora won his first 3 vs. USC and lost the next 3.
True, we shall see tf, maybe that current trend of 3 wins for UCLA; 3 wins for USC stays true for at least the next two years. :rolleyes2:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All kidding aside tf, I like the progress Chip made at UCLA over the year. He had a shit ton of Freshman on his squad and played a lot during the year. They were competitive in most games, and had chances to win in more than a few of the losses.

I do think he will have the Bruins in a Bowl game next season, and looking strong by the next seasons end.

But as you said prior tf, we'll see....

I do like Swan's letter regarding Helton, and think it was the right position to take including the caveats.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, we shall see tf, maybe that current trend of 3 wins for UCLA; 3 wins for USC stays true for at least the next two years. :rolleyes2:

I think Chip was a great hire for you guys. Hopefully, Helton gets this turned around next year. Definitely doable. It's not like we lack talent.

I think we're in for some great games going forward. Especially when Chip has a full squad of his type of player.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All kidding aside tf, I like the progress Chip made at UCLA over the year. He had a shit ton of Freshman on his squad and played a lot during the year. They were competitive in most games, and had chances to win in more than a few of the losses.

I do think he will have the Bruins in a Bowl game next season, and looking strong by the next seasons end.

But as you said prior tf, we'll see....

I do like Swan's letter regarding Helton, and think it was the right position to take including the caveats.

Agree. One of my closest friends is a UCLA fan and he thought we were going to crush you guys.

I asked him if he's been watching either team. I told him, it's not translating to wins yet, but you guys are getting better every game. We haven't been able to play a decent 2nd half all season and it's getting worse. Told him I thought we'd win, but it was going to be a close game...I was half right. lol

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We haven't been able to play a decent 2nd half all season and it's getting worse.
That's the only thing that concerns me about retaining Helton. Maybe turning the staff will change those things however. Hard to get rid of a coach that won something like 20 games the previous two seasons, 1-1 in Bowl games vs double digit top 10 opponents including an exciting RB win. I did think he would get the axe though, just because USC has not suffered too many losing seasons for some time now, and because he lost to a sub .500 UCLA and Notre Dame.

(I think keeping yesterday's game close helped him. Even though a lot of folks see that undefeated ND team as a huge dog vs the P5's best. I guess we may find out soon enough)

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some of us have jobs that require us to drop what we are doing and go help people
Yeah? And?

Clearly if you questioned my comment you didn't watch that game. Utah got their first offensive points with 40s left in the 3rd quarter. BYU basically fell apart in the 4th and went full derp on defense. That was the story of the game.