• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham was really mediocre when you look at it. Not to mention how much of his success was based on that son of his whose job was to sit in a booth and steal play calls during games. Utterly mediocre.

We @ State would be very interested to employ these 2 coaches for our completely vacated DC jobs here…PM me w/ the details.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read that Bobby Petrino was fired from Louisville. Problem solved. He can drive around LA on a motorcycle with a hot chick and no one will give it a second thought.
YJPPETRINO-jumbo.jpg

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskies host O state at 1:30pm and of course will be on the Pac12N. Cougs host zona at 7:30.

So WSU will know whether or not their game has any meaning before it kicks off.

With Zona likely needing that game much more, does that have any impact on the outcome? :noidea:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you were there last night but it was horrible. The crowd felt exactly like the crowd when USC played Washington a home and signaled the end for Sark. Those mistakes by the players were something a good coach would never allow. After a late time out I told my friend watch the line will jump and get a penalty and the guy behind me said you notice that too huh. And sure enough right after a time out the get called for a penalty. Fucking horrible.

Wasn't there last night, but watched the whole debacle on tv. The worst part was that they were actually in control of the game until that bad snap that led to the safety.

On Biggie's penalty, I don't know if you saw it, but I have no idea why he went over there talking. Every other USC player was walking towards the USC sidelines and Biggie goes over to the Cal sideline by himself and says whatever he said with 3 officials all standing right there. :L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a ClusterF**K last night... :tsk:

When SC fumbled it away towards the end of the first half, I had that BAD feeling that the rest of the game was gonna be ugly.

After that safety, I KNEW it was gonna be a very fugly game at the end. And unfortunately it was. :L

Heck, I'm not sure that we will be able beat UCLA now, let alone beat the Domers.

Helton is most like gone after the season. But, I don't see any sense in firing him NOW, like I see many hoping for.

Yeah, unless it were a Kiffin or Sark situation where you had to fire them to save recruits, it really doesn't make a lot of sense to fire him with only 2 games left in the season.

What I hope is that they will quietly start a coaching search to gauge interest. If it doesn't look like they can get someone better, then they need to insist on replacing a few assistants. The only one who should be safe, imo, is Pendergast.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, unless it were a Kiffin or Sark situation where you had to fire them to save recruits, it really doesn't make a lot of sense to fire him with only 2 games left in the season.

What I hope is that they will quietly start a coaching search to gauge interest. If it doesn't look like they can get someone better, then they need to insist on replacing a few assistants. The only one who should be safe, imo, is Pendergast.
Helton be all

:whistle:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helton be all

:whistle:

Honestly, despite what I saw last night, I wouldn't hate it if they kept him another season or 2, as long as there was an overhaul of the assistants and USC didn't feel they could get someone better yet.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskies host O state at 1:30pm and of course will be on the Pac12N. Cougs host zona at 7:30.

With Zona likely needing that game much more, does that have any impact on the outcome? :noidea:

A November night game in Pullman is going to be a huge shock for the boys from Arizona. But luckily for Zona and your Mutts is the Air Raid has been terrible in November.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what else tickles my fancy. When player from in state choose another school then Utah beating that team.

im hoping Arizona loses, that will take them out of the south. If we win In Boulder then it’s us and ASU.? With that last game in Arizona I’m hoping that Arizona beats ASU.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU holds the cards, but plays two more conf games and Utah only has one. Arizona also has two left.
Losses in conf by any are eliminations unless all of them lose one.
No, you do not have to have Arizona lose next week. Utah holds the tiebreaker over them in head to head so a Utah win at Colorado leaves Arizona only playing spoiler to ASU's chances. That Utah win would eliminate Arizona from their shot.
There is no 3 way tie without all 3 losing which would also bring the Trojans back into it and fuck it all up again lol.
zona can only win it with a Utah loss at Colorado, and they win out.
ASU takes it if they win out. A loss next week at Oregon would leave them a game back and would need help to win it.

So there is one scenario where both divisions could wrap things up next week. If UW were to lose to OSU and WSU wins, plus ASU losing to Oregon and a Utah win. If ALL of that happened the race is over. Not likely most of that happens, so we are likely to not know until the last week.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU holds the cards, but plays two more conf games and Utah only has one. Arizona also has two left.
Losses in conf by any are eliminations unless all of them lose one.
No, you do not have to have Arizona lose next week. Utah holds the tiebreaker over them in head to head so a Utah win at Colorado leaves Arizona only playing spoiler to ASU's chances. That Utah win would eliminate Arizona from their shot.
There is no 3 way tie without all 3 losing which would also bring the Trojans back into it and fuck it all up again lol.
zona can only win it with a Utah loss at Colorado, and they win out.
ASU takes it if they win out. A loss next week at Oregon would leave them a game back and would need help to win it.

So there is one scenario where both divisions could wrap things up next week. If UW were to lose to OSU and WSU wins, plus ASU losing to Oregon and a Utah win. If ALL of that happened the race is over. Not likely most of that happens, so we are likely to not know until the last week.

While I think ASU is probably the best team in the South this year, or at least they are right now, I think asking them to take two road games in a row to close it out is asking a lot. They've got some health problems in the secondary now, and they're already starting 4 freshmen and I think 3 sophomores on defense. They're calling good games though and even when a QB is functionally racing up and down the field on them, like UCLA was in the 2nd half, they've been getting the power running game going. It used to be if UCLA was connecting at the rate they were, we were looking at a 50-45 type game. As it is, only USC has scored more than 30 on ASU this year and that was partially on the special teams- And ASU won that game.

If the defense can get healthy and solidify and the offensive line continues to get movement, I think they can give anyone in the conference problems. Even WSU. The combination of Benjamin running it down people's throats while they still have to worry about double teaming Harry ever play puts a ton of pressure on a defense. While I think Utah is probably still the favorite to come out of the division, I think ASU has the best chance of giving the Cougs or Dawgs a game in the CCG.

On a side note, I'm very optimistic about the ASU defense going forward. Besides Wren, I think you could argue that the other top 4 or 5 guys on the defense are freshmen and sophomores. Robertson, Butler and Johnson are going to be really, really good players and Lucas already is probably one of the 3 or 4 best corners in the conference.

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's at 1:30 on Pac12N and the cougs play at 7:30 on ESPN.
Times are significant because it means WSU will know if they need a win to secure the North after UW's is over.

In the South, Utah kicks off from Colorado at 10:30am pacific. I can't remember the last time a Pac league game kicked off the early.

A Utah win eliminates Arizona from the North race, so both teams in that night cap will already know key information.

Same for ASU at Oregon. They will already know what happened with Utah before their 7:30 kickoff on Pac12N.

It will be Utah's last conf game. They can lock it up with a win and a Oregon win over ASU.

The rest of the games have no impact on the division title races.

Screenshot (26).png
Utah opens - 7pt
Stanford -2
Ducks -4 (lolz)
Cougs -10
UW -32 (shit, that's bigly)
USC -3.5

So again, if all of the early vegas favorites win, Utah wins the South this weekend.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, despite what I saw last night, I wouldn't hate it if they kept him another season or 2, as long as there was an overhaul of the assistants and USC didn't feel they could get someone better yet.
There are couple of very telling articles in this morning's LA Times sports section.......

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are couple of very telling articles in this morning's LA Times sports section.......
Do tell. lol

I was maybe ok with Clay staying before this game if assistants were changed in the off season but I don't see how the penalties , the bad clock management the bad behavior, the lack of discipline gets changed if he's still in charge. He doesn't seem to have an answer for any of these things at all. How do you keep having Toa at center when he's been fucking it up all season? Even without the bad snaps he gets a least two penalties a game. How many times was it said it was going to bite them bad one day?In a 15 to 14 game the center position cost them 9 points.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do tell. lol

I was maybe ok with Clay staying before this game if assistants were changed in the off season but I don't see how the penalties , the bad clock management the bad behavior, the lack of discipline gets changed if he's still in charge. He doesn't seem to have an answer for any of these things at all. How do you keep having Toa at center when he's been fucking it up all season? Even without the bad snaps he gets a least two penalties a game. How many times was it said it was going to bite them bad one day?In a 15 to 14 game the center position cost them 9 points.

Yeah, not really a fan of the LA Times, but I think I may have to pick one up.

I may just be stubborn, but as I posted earlier, I'm still ok with Clay remaining as HC as long as there is a complete evaluation of every assistant and how his particular unit performed and changes are made where necessary.

As for the penalties, USC was penalized heavily during the Pete Carroll era too. But you can get away with that when you are winning at the level they were.

On the center, Clay says Lobendahn is the best center they've got. The next guy is a redshirt freshman. To be completely fair to Toa, he's been bounced around quite a bit throughout his time at USC before becoming the full time starting center this year. Basically, he's covered every position when an injury has occurred.

But that also just points out that there hasn't been enough emphasis on the o-line during recruiting which has created lack of reliable depth. Left tackle and Center should always be top priority positions in recruiting, imo.

It's great to have a bunch of uber talented players at the skill positions, but if the o-line can't block anybody and/or keeps having issues with penalties, it doesn't matter how good the skill guys are.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do tell. lol

I have always thought that the center position was the second most important position on a team. When you have a great center, they can not only make sure the QB gets the ball, but they can help the offensive line recognize different stunts, blitz packages, etc. Years ago there was a great interview with Peyton Manning and Jeff Saturday, and they spent ten minutes describing not only the importance of the center, but how the center actually works in concert with the QB in setting up plays, especially those audibled at the LOS. Great stuff.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not really a fan of the LA Times, but I think I may have to pick one up.

I may just be stubborn, but as I posted earlier, I'm still ok with Clay remaining as HC as long as there is a complete evaluation of every assistant and how his particular unit performed and changes are made where necessary.

As for the penalties, USC was penalized heavily during the Pete Carroll era too. But you can get away with that when you are winning at the level they were.

On the center, Clay says Lobendahn is the best center they've got. The next guy is a redshirt freshman. To be completely fair to Toa, he's been bounced around quite a bit throughout his time at USC before becoming the full time starting center this year. Basically, he's covered every position when an injury has occurred.

But that also just points out that there hasn't been enough emphasis on the o-line during recruiting which has created lack of reliable depth. Left tackle and Center should always be top priority positions in recruiting, imo.

It's great to have a bunch of uber talented players at the skill positions, but if the o-line can't block anybody and/or keeps having issues with penalties, it doesn't matter how good the skill guys are.
With all this talent, no way we should be at 5-5. Why is it that we have started out like gang busters on offense in games with Stanford, Texas, and Cal, and then completely fold? That's on the coaching staff. As Leo Durocher said, "Nice guys finish last."