• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Washington! Aren't you gonna welcome us into the "can't freakin' beat Cal" club in 2018??? :drink:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a ClusterF**K last night... :tsk:

When SC fumbled it away towards the end of the first half, I had that BAD feeling that the rest of the game was gonna be ugly.

After that safety, I KNEW it was gonna be a very fugly game at the end. And unfortunately it was. :L

Heck, I'm not sure that we will be able beat UCLA now, let alone beat the Domers.

Helton is most like gone after the season. But, I don't see any sense in firing him NOW, like I see many hoping for.
AR-180209678.jpg&MaxH=500&MaxW=900

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A more mature Kiffin back to USC? :noidea:

:dhd:

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trojans of lore need to get back to running the rwak, line dominance and setting up the pass when they have a young QB…

thought garret knew that?
Thankfully, Garret is no longer with us. I suspect that AD Swann will be looking for a new head coach very soon.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The obvious COTY in the Pac right now is Leach. Whittingham is likely second. Who is third? Dare we say Edwards? :lol: Cal's Wilcox is up there somewhere as well.

Raise your hands if you saw more than one of those in the top 4 list of coaching this season before fall.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching list going into the season probably looked something like:
Petersen, Shaw, Whittingham, Helton, Leach, Wilcox, MacIntyre then a bunch of noobs

Petersen, Shaw, and Helton not doing shit this year. MacIntyre exposing how his short term success was likely due to luck of having a few key players more than coaching. And most of those noobs showed some serious growing pains. Time will tell if Edwards is legit, or if he really had the talent already there, but either way they are exceeding expectations and the coach gets credit for that.

Right now the pirate rules the roost.

Well, at least until the AC.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The obvious COTY in the Pac right now is Leach. Whittingham is likely second. Who is third? Dare we say Edwards? :lol: Cal's Wilcox is up there somewhere as well.

Raise your hands if you saw more than one of those in the top 4 list of coaching this season before fall.
I was shocked to see Edwards take the ASU job.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have bet $1000 before the season he wouldn't place higher in the coaching list at seasons end above Petersen and Shaw. Now? :noidea:

It's part of the story of such a weird and seriously down season overall in the Pac.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Les Miles doesn't wind up in Kansas, wonder if he might pop up in the PAC12?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC still has to be a seriously attractive job. They still have a bunch of talent, key recruiting advantages, storied history, so-cal and all that comes with it to attract recruiting, and the Pac isn't nearly as competitive right now as the other major conferences.

There has to be big names willing to take it attracted to the unique spot they are in to reach a title run with.

It's mind blowing how long it's been since they have found a real viable HC. Pete left a billion years ago didn't he? :noidea:

Keep up the good work on those hires. :thumb: The rest of us really appreciate it. :nod:

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget that the sanctions killed us; not for just the two years they were in place, but the following couple of years that it took us to get our roster maxed out. Garrett was a POS AD that many HC candidates did not want to work for. I suspect that Swann is sending out feelers right now. Many alumni know that Helton can't get us to the promised land. If we can get a solid hire, they may shell out the cash. There are few rumors floating around about bringing Pete C. back. He still has one year left on his contract in Seattle, so I think that is a long shot at best.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Their AD and him are close friends. I think they had already been working on this plan for months which is why even with a winning record last year, Graham was fired.

Graham was really mediocre when you look at it. Not to mention how much of his success was based on that son of his whose job was to sit in a booth and steal play calls during games. Utterly mediocre.

It seemed like a strange call at first with how long he had been out of coaching, but an old NFL guy who can communicate well is working out well for them. I was impressed when they came up and played us this year. They looked like an entirely different team compared to what Graham would throw at you.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly you have better options than a former coach that hasn't been in college for nearly a decade and is in his late 60's. Pete also has that bagage around his neck from the sanctions, fair or not.

Is that what USC has been reduced to?

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly you have better options than a former coach that hasn't been in college for nearly a decade and is in his late 60's. Pete also has that bagage around his neck from the sanctions, fair or not.

Is that what USC has been reduced to?
I really don't know. I remember when Carroll was first hired, SC alumni were highly pissed off and felt we had scraped the bottom of the barrel to get him. With a much more likeable AD, we may be able to get some top tier talent.