• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some do their homework and end up very selective, and others just throw everything against the wall and see what sticks. Lots of different ways to do it.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some do their homework and end up very selective, and others just throw everything against the wall and see what sticks. Lots of different ways to do it.

Who has the #1 recruiting class in the PAC 12 right now?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not shocked you can't properly tie both together to find out why. :L

When you literally offer everyone, you are bound to get more early replies. Also more that bail or don't have the senior seasons you had hoped. We heard this same thing last year when Oregon was off to an early start. Then they had a couple big flips and everyone else filled in their classes and suddenly they dropped back.

I don't recall ever seeing trophies for recruiting class rankings 6 months before even the new early signing day.

And since you like to keep bringing this up, I'll keep reminding you Oregon has finished higher in all but one class season for the kids that have played the last two years. How'd that work out for you guys? :noidea:

I'll take a Petersen 3* and their staffs ability to build up over anything the ducks have done recently. Oregon has done less with more than anyone other than UCLA the last 2 years.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That won’t last. Ducks always come out hot in spring and summer as they offer hundreds and put a lot of pressure on high rated recruits to commit early, but those commits always come with a disclaimer that any of them can go on as many visits to other schools they want till LOI. Which pretty much defeats the whole reasoning behind the process when your trying to put a class together that hits all or most of your needs.

It’s like getting engaged to some girl and the terms state she can publically fuck whoever she wants till the wedding day and if she finds someone she likes better, she’s can leave you at the alter and there’s no hard feelings after all the planning and financial resources on the arrangements.

It’s why your class is always like watching musical chairs till LOI day and your always abusing the grad transfer system to plug holes all over your roster.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha that’s cool, but Utah has the best Nacua receiver in the family on their roster. Taller, faster, stronger.
Oh and don’t come with, but but he’s a 4 stars. Stars are just a matter of opinion.

Taller faster stronger? They are both listed at 6'2" and the younger one is 5 lbs heavier. One was rated the best high school player in the state of Utah. The other had to work to get to get a scholarship to Utah. He played but he had one TD in those 13 games. Not exactly world beater. His brothers coming to a school that has produced NFL receivers as of late and has more on the roster and has about three future NFL WR receivers on the roster with last seasons #2 high school WR in the country . I know stars isn't the be all end all but the high star receivers USC has gotten lately like Marquise Lee, Juju Smith, Nelson Agholor, Robert Woods have lived up to the star billing. The kids got balls to come to a school with that much competition at his spot.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taller faster stronger? They are both listed at 6'2" and the younger one is 5 lbs heavier. One was rated the best high school player in the state of Utah. The other had to work to get to get a scholarship to Utah. He played but he had one TD in those 13 games. Not exactly world beater. His brothers coming to a school that has produced NFL receivers as of late and has more on the roster and has about three future NFL WR receivers on the roster with last seasons #2 high school WR in the country . I know stars isn't the be all end all but the high star receivers USC has gotten lately like Marquise Lee, Juju Smith, Nelson Agholor, Robert Woods have lived up to the star billing. The kids got balls to come to a school with that much competition at his spot.

I don’t know how the competition is at U$C right now.
But I don’t think theirs a proven
Receiver on the roster that can touch the names you just mentioned. Who next in line to be the go to this year. And how good is he?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know how the competition is at U$C right now.
But I don’t think theirs a proven
Receiver on the roster that can touch the names you just mentioned. Who next in line to be the go to this year. And how good is he?

The star of the receiving corps this season is Micheal Pittman with Tyler Vaughns a pretty close second. Pittmans not as flashy as the Lee's and juju but he will be a long ball threat with great hands and Tyler Vaughn has the talent to be another. Both had to sit behind primary receivers Juju and then Deontay Burnett the past two seasons but Pittman did show his potential late in the season. The slots probably going to Amon-Ra St Brown the freshman who was rated the #1 or 2 receiver coming out of HS. That kids going to be a nightmare for the defense once they figure out how to use him. If USC had Darnold coming back I think you'd see a lot more from this group from the start but with the freshman JT Daniels probably going to get the starting job they will probably be more run heavy and controlled passing for the first part of the season.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what the Ducks are doing. Strong and aggressive approach to recruiting. I like the makeup of the coaching staff. I see a minimum of 9 wins this year. Very pleased.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not shocked you can't properly tie both together to find out why. :L

When you literally offer everyone, you are bound to get more early replies. Also more that bail or don't have the senior seasons you had hoped. We heard this same thing last year when Oregon was off to an early start. Then they had a couple big flips and everyone else filled in their classes and suddenly they dropped back.

I don't recall ever seeing trophies for recruiting class rankings 6 months before even the new early signing day.

And since you like to keep bringing this up, I'll keep reminding you Oregon has finished higher in all but one class season for the kids that have played the last two years. How'd that work out for you guys? :noidea:

I'll take a Petersen 3* and their staffs ability to build up over anything the ducks have done recently. Oregon has done less with more than anyone other than UCLA the last 2 years.

You sound like your garbage assistant who's throwing twitter tantrums because our new coaching staff is recruiting circles around UW's staff.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Same old duck fans. 3 coaches in 3 years, entirely destroyed by their most hated rivals back to back years, and still acting like they are something to be feared.

This is why duck fans are in the top 10 list of most hated nationwide.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think schools tailor their recruiting to their specific state ,coaching philosophy and status of their football program. With Oregon and it's 266 offers it looks like a combo of reasons. One like you said they are throwing out a ton of offers to see what sticks. But I think with the east coast and southern connections of their previous coach and the new coach they have a lot of offers to players out that way because they know the coaches and high school programs and you're gonna try and tap into what you know as well as the numbers they offer to players out west. Like it or not Oregon did make a name for themselves with kids all over the country for a few years and they still have a little of that left and they are seeing if they can play on that and get some kids.
Stanford is Stanford. They don't offer unless they think they can get a kid in and if he's really interested. Typical Stanford recruits are from another state and have offers from schools like Duke , Boston College and Northwestern. Washington has the great tradition so they have their pick of northwest players and have been successful in getting quality players in Cali. It's the top destination for the players who have talent but want to go out of state to play for a great program with more of a family atmosphere where you feel more appreciated and less than just a number. I imagine Petersen knows he's got a decent shot at a kid if he offers so he doesn't need to throw out that many. The Arizona schools Oregon State and Washington states have to try and offer anyone with a slight interest. USC has a big name and offers pretty much every kid Alabama and Ohio State offers plus the Cali kids because many see an offer fro these three schools as a badge of honor even if they really don't plan to go there but as a recruiter if you have a high 4 star showing interest you have to offer if you think he'd be good for your program.Alabama offered 149 and Ohio State offered 171 so not every school with 120 plus offers is just throwing shit against the wall to see if it sticks.