• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well a few of the more powerful schools in the conference appear to not care so much about overall conference strength. It's hard to justify them not doing something about it if that wasn't the case.
This is what would have happened if Scott would have brought in the two Okies schools: The Big 12 would have crashed and died. Bevo would have most likely cut a deal with the PAC in regards to the LHN. That in turn would mean the two Okie schools plus Bevo and TT. The powers that be in TV land would have been sucking PAC c0ck in order to cut a TV deal not to mention the recruiting it would have openend up for the PAC in the state of Texas.

It would have looked something like this:

PAC-16

PAC West
Washington
Washington St.
Oregon
Oregon St.
Cal
Stanford
UCLA
USC

PAC East
Arizona
Arizona St.
Utah
Colorado
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St.
Texas Tech
Texas

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least you didn't throw in BSU.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least you didn't throw in BSU.
BSU has no TV sets, doesn't sell out that shitty blue turf stadium not to mention it doesn't meet PAC requirements in undergrad degrees offered .... its nothing more than a glorified community college. With that said the deal was for the two Okie schools, Texas and TT. It was all over the news when it was going down. What killed that deal was Scott telling the two Okie schools they could only join if Bevo agreed to join while sharing the LHN proceeds. Bevo said TT had to come with them, and the PAC said np, then Bevo said no to sharing LHN money and the deal was dead. Scott had ties to Bevo's AD at the time so that was the reason he demanded Bevo join if the two Okie schools were to join. If Scott had hadn't of sold out the two Okie schools with the Bevo demand it would have meant the end of the Big 12 while giving the PAC a shitload of more negotiating power in regards to Bevo. Scott sold out the conference on that deal. He's a fvkng pos cvnt.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BSU has no TV sets, doesn't sell out that shitty blue turf stadium not to mention it doesn't meet PAC requirements in undergrad degrees offered .... its nothing more than a glorified community college. With that said the deal was for the two Okie schools, Texas and TT. It was all over the news when it was going down. What killed that deal was Scott telling the two Okie schools they could only join if Bevo agreed to join while sharing the LHN proceeds. Bevo said TT had to come with them, and the PAC said np, then Bevo said no to sharing LHN money and the deal was dead. Scott had ties to Bevo's AD at the time so that was the reason he demanded Bevo join if the two Okie schools were to join. If Scott had hadn't of sold out the two Okie schools with the Bevo demand it would have meant the end of the Big 12 while giving the PAC a shitload of more negotiating power in regards to Bevo. Scott sold out the conference on that deal. He's a fvkng pos cvnt.
Oh I know full well why BSU wasn't a viable option, but it's all you heard about on this site and around the internet at that time as well as every time conf expansion has been talked about since

I wasn't really in favor of mega expansion as it was simply because I hate going years without playing teams supposedly in your conference, but there's no doubt Scott botched things badly. I'll say again thought, it was a couple of the cali schools banging the drums about the LHN and who they were and were not in favor of bringing in. Scott has too often been a puppet for a small handful of the schools that bitch the most.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to corrupt a football thread but Stanford secured its 116 NC this week when Women's Swimming crushed the field.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to corrupt a football thread but Stanford secured its 116 NC this week when Women's Swimming crushed the field.
Don't you have like half the womens Olympic team at Stanford? One of the girls on my monday coed team played softball at Stanford. She walked on and played two years but it got in the way of her studies . She's some sort of bio chemist working on breast and brain cancer these days. She joined the rugby team (not much practice and minimal travel) for her last two years before going to Grad school. She plays a mean center field and slides in head first to second.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know full well why BSU wasn't a viable option, but it's all you heard about on this site and around the internet at that time as well as every time conf expansion has been talked about since

I wasn't really in favor of mega expansion as it was simply because I hate going years without playing teams supposedly in your conference, but there's no doubt Scott botched things badly. I'll say again thought, it was a couple of the cali schools banging the drums about the LHN and who they were and were not in favor of bringing in. Scott has too often been a puppet for a small handful of the schools that bitch the most.

It would've been pointless to add Boise State when he allowed ESPN to fill the weekly Boise State game with Pac 12 games. Expansion is a dumb idea, it was dumb with Utah and Colorado and expanding into Texas would be just as dumb unless the conference can secure a television deal better than the B1G. Most schools are in the red or hovering above, intentionally losing money for the best olypmic sport conference is idiotic.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would've been pointless to add Boise State when he allowed ESPN to fill the weekly Boise State game with Pac 12 games. Expansion is a dumb idea, it was dumb with Utah and Colorado and expanding into Texas would be just as dumb unless the conference can secure a television deal better than the B1G. Most schools are in the red or hovering above, intentionally losing money for the best olypmic sport conference is idiotic.
Texas football is worth more money than any other college program. It's eat or be eaten. Had the PAC added the two Okie schools, Texas and Texas Tech we wouldn't have to worry about trying to find someone with the PAC Network just to watch a fvkng football game.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it's all about the money. I'm sure everyone understands that. Those of us that weren't happy about expansion aren't saying I wish we were more broke. We just liked it better when we played ALL of our conf members every year. We had no choice but to add more to get to the CCG requirement and no doubt adding more would have more schools in the black. But still it's a worse product that creates all sorts of schedule imbalances and it sucks the landscape of the sport has driven us to that point.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas football is worth more money than any other college program. It's eat or be eaten. Had the PAC added the two Okie schools, Texas and Texas Tech we wouldn't have to worry about trying to find someone with the PAC Network just to watch a fvkng football game.
I would put money on Alabama, Notre Dame, Florida State, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and USC at least being more valuable. maybe more like Michigan

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put money on Alabama, Notre Dame, Florida State, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and USC at least being more valuable. maybe more like Michigan
Before last year it was Texas every year for umpteen years in a row.

Ohio State most valuable college football program at $1.5B

1. Ohio State, $1.51 billion
2. Texas, $1.24 billion
3. Oklahoma, $1 billion
4. Alabama, $930,000
5. LSU, $911,927
6. Michigan, $892,951
7. Notre Dame, $856,938
8. Georgia, $822,310
9. Tennessee, $745,640
10. Auburn, $724,191

University of Texas Longhorns - pg.2

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before last year it was Texas every year for umpteen years in a row.

Ohio State most valuable college football program at $1.5B

1. Ohio State, $1.51 billion
2. Texas, $1.24 billion
3. Oklahoma, $1 billion
4. Alabama, $930,000
5. LSU, $911,927
6. Michigan, $892,951
7. Notre Dame, $856,938
8. Georgia, $822,310
9. Tennessee, $745,640
10. Auburn, $724,191

University of Texas Longhorns - pg.2
https://www.foxsports.com/college-f...aluable-football-program-in-the-pac-12-011116

:nutswing:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3