• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparantly they don't measure the size of the heart at the NFL combines…fucking idiots. Should be a fine 1st or 2nd rounder, my Vikings should be reading my critic here. Can block, catch and run…WTF else does an NFL club need on their roster come august?

Former Oregon State Beavers running back Ryan Nall posts impressive numbers at NFL Scouting Combine

View attachment 175589 View attachment 175590

Hopefully the Pats pick him up. Belichick loves him some white guys. Falk and Nall would continue the Pats dynasty until the 2030's.

Big Z 1990

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac-12 has essentially three rivalry pods of 4 teams each - one concentrated in the Northwest, one in the 4 Corners, and one in California.

Here are the top storylines for each pod entering 2018:

California
USC looks to continue where they left off - but replacing Darnold is a tough sell
UCLA has a new coach - and looks to start fresh
Stanford wants to reclaim control of their state
San Diego State wants to repeat history and upset Stanford again like they did last year, thus making them media darlings throughout California - only this time, the game is the season opener and the game is on Stanford's turf.

Northwest
Oregon looks to continue their climb back to the summit of their rivalry pod, which is where they were a few years ago before they started falling off
Washington looks to stay on top, fending off any challenge
Washington State looks to challenge Washington for the Northwest summit

Mountain
Arizona State did good against the other teams in their pod last year - but wants to do good against everyone else too, with a new coach
Colorado looks to finally beat the one Pac-12 team they haven't beaten - USC
Utah looks to bounce back after a relatively down year

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac-12 has essentially three rivalry pods of 4 teams each - one concentrated in the Northwest, one in the 4 Corners, and one in California.

Here are the top storylines for each pod entering 2018:

California
USC looks to continue where they left off - but replacing Darnold is a tough sell
UCLA has a new coach - and looks to start fresh
Stanford wants to reclaim control of their state
San Diego State wants to repeat history and upset Stanford again like they did last year, thus making them media darlings throughout California - only this time, the game is the season opener and the game is on Stanford's turf.

Northwest
Oregon looks to continue their climb back to the summit of their rivalry pod, which is where they were a few years ago before they started falling off
Washington looks to stay on top, fending off any challenge
Washington State looks to challenge Washington for the Northwest summit

Mountain
Arizona State did good against the other teams in their pod last year - but wants to do good against everyone else too, with a new coach
Colorado looks to finally beat the one Pac-12 team they haven't beaten - USC
Utah looks to bounce back after a relatively down year
I mean i guess.
I get where you are coming from but I dont really see it that way. winning a region doesn mean winning the division I dont know anyone that would be happy because they won 3 other games

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juco OL Corey Luciano - Diablo Valley College has committed to Washington. Will have 2 years to play in 3 year eligible window starting in 2019.

Offers included Maryland, Syracuse, Nebraska, Minnesota, and USC.

Versatile player whose played T, G and C positions. Will probably end up at G/C down the road.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sp...-pac-12-spring-football-chip-kelly/420381002/
Title contenders, big-name new coaches among story lines for Pac-12 spring football

Interesting article. The QB battle at USC should be fun. The article says to throw a redshirt on JT Daniels, but there are a lot of folks who seem to think he is good enough to come in and win the job as a true freshman.

Fink has some experience in mop up duty, looked solid and is fairly athletic. When USC brought Sears in, some said he will be better than Darnold and now Daniels may be better than both.

Plus all 3 are relatively young. Fink is a sophomore, Sears a redshirt freshman and Daniels a true freshman. Almost a guarantee that one of the 2 who doesn't get the starting job will transfer out.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article. The QB battle at USC should be fun. The article says to throw a redshirt on JT Daniels, but there are a lot of folks who seem to think he is good enough to come in and win the job as a true freshman.

Fink has some experience in mop up duty, looked solid and is fairly athletic. When USC brought Sears in, some said he will be better than Darnold and now Daniels may be better than both.

Plus all 3 are relatively young. Fink is a sophomore, Sears a redshirt freshman and Daniels a true freshman. Almost a guarantee that one of the 2 who doesn't get the starting job will transfer out.
USC Trojans 2018 Spring Football Preview

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont really see how poor bowl performances and poor basketball play is the fault of Scott.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't even need to read the whole thing to simply fully support the title.
giphy.gif

Total dumpster fire commish

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont really see how poor bowl performances and poor basketball play is the fault of Scott.
It's going to get worse for the PAC due to shitty TV contracts as in lack of money. Other conferences are making bank atm and that means they can afford to build better facilities, hire better coaching staffs, etc ... which in turn helps recruiting.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just skim the article, it goes well into all areas and simply uses that as more of the proverbial straw kind of thing.

He should be fired for the Pac12N and the continued failed efforts to get DirecTV on board, the overall quality of products on it, and the lackluster profits. Start there.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and while he personally doesn't write the schedules, he sure should be held accountable for that epically bad/stupid disaster of a football conference slate last year that had all of those short week road games by the expected big players that for sure helped derail any real chances of one of our teams making it to the playoffs.

And he's the highest paid commissioner yet bringing in far less than projected and promised.

I mean if he doesn't deserve to be fired, then by what measure would you EVER find cause? Hookers and blow only? :noidea:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and while he personally doesn't write the schedules, he sure should be held accountable for that epically bad/stupid disaster of a football conference slate last year that had all of those short week road games by the expected big players that for sure helped derail any real chances of one of our teams making it to the playoffs.

And he's the highest paid commissioner yet bringing in far less than projected and promised.

I mean if he doesn't deserve to be fired, then by what measure would you EVER find cause? Hookers and blow only? :noidea:
That worthless pos should have been canned 6 years ago when he fvked up on bringing in the two Okie schools when they were begging to join the PAC. It would have forced Bevo's hand on whether to go indy or join the PAC and share the LHN proceeds. How Larry Scott manages to keep his job is beyond the realm of normal thought process.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That worthless pos should have been canned 6 years ago when he fvked up on bringing in the two Okie schools when they were begging to join the PAC. It would have forced Bevo's hand on whether to go indy or join the PAC and share the LHN proceeds. How Larry Scott manages to keep his job is beyond the realm of normal thought process.
Well a few of the more powerful schools in the conference appear to not care so much about overall conference strength. It's hard to justify them not doing something about it if that wasn't the case.