• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had it made with Ross and Pettis at WR. Ross would get double teamed and that left Pettis one on one. Those days are gone. The bs part of it is a lot of UW fans blame the WR corps when UW has some prime WR's in their stable. I'd like to see a more mobile QB after Browning leaves. Someone who can throw on the run.

The thing is. Your your QB isn't very mobile he better have a rocket arm.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's a freshman will that help much this season? Or did he play last season?

Frosh, I think at the wide out spot youth doesn't matter (as long as they can catch)
Plus I see them using McClatcher in the slot, his speed alone can DC's a headache, his height isn't much,
but lofting the ball up and letting him run under it is the perfect fix

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frosh, I think at the wide out spot youth doesn't matter (as long as they can catch)
Plus I see them using McClatcher in the slot, his speed alone can DC's a headache, his height isn't much,
but lofting the ball up and letting him run under it is the perfect fix

Its nice to have great WR coming in but it's not always that easy for them to have a connection with the QB their first year. USC has the #1 WR coming in (Amon Ra St. Brown) but on top of him being a freshman the QB will be new too.
USC just extended and offer to another WR from J. Serra . His brother is part of this class and they have always played together.
That school produced, Robert Woods, Marquise Lee, Juju Smith, Adoree Jackson, Jordan Lasley (UCLA) and Dante Pettis
Football recruiting: JSerra wide receiver MuNir McClain hauls in USC offer – Orange County Register

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is he had Ross to stretch the field which allowed him to do most of his damage. He needs a deep threat or teams will bum rush him.
That's a common, but lazy take.

I've never seen as much injuries at TE and WR as they had last year and over the middle of the season it was at least one every game for more than a month. I really doubt there are many QB's that would go without missing a beat with all of that turnover week after week.

There's no doubt he hasn't improved playing from a broken pocket or under duress in general, but he wasn't given much of a chance last year with all of those issues in his receiving corp and some really head scratching game plans by Smith.

There will be a few changes this year. New OC and play caller, the return of several guys he has history with like McClatcher, and the presumptive emergence of Ahmed and how much his speed will help stretch the defense.

Browning will have an experienced line and talented receiving corp along with Gaskin and Ahmed. No reason to not expect further advancement in his game.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a common, but lazy take.

I've never seen as much injuries at TE and WR as they had last year and over the middle of the season it was at least one every game for more than a month. I really doubt there are many QB's that would go without missing a beat with all of that turnover week after week.

There's no doubt he hasn't improved playing from a broken pocket or under duress in general, but he wasn't given much of a chance last year with all of those issues in his receiving corp and some really head scratching game plans by Smith.

There will be a few changes this year. New OC and play caller, the return of several guys he has history with like McClatcher, and the presumptive emergence of Ahmed and how much his speed will help stretch the defense.

Browning will have an experienced line and talented receiving corp along with Gaskin and Ahmed. No reason to not expect further advancement in his game.

It's my take. lol. The same could be said for Darnold. The prior year he had Juju to be the long threat. This past season the slot receiver Burnett became his primary target which doesn't stretch the field. You can blame the injuries all you want but USCs and Washington passing game was severely hampered by not having a deep threat. Pettis looked like more of a threat when he had Ross around.
As far as Browning goes. He's always been a good reader of defenses and has good to great accuracy on short to medium throws and he's still not that great when pressured out of the pocket. He is who he is. It's the receiving corps who make him not the other way around.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's my take. lol. The same could be said for Darnold. The prior year he had Juju to be the long threat. This past season the slot receiver Burnett became his primary target which doesn't stretch the field. You can blame the injuries all you want but USCs and Washington passing game was severely hampered by not having a deep threat. Pettis looked like more of a threat when he had Ross around.
As far as Browning goes. He's always been a good reader of defenses and has good to great accuracy on short to medium throws and he's still not that great when pressured out of the pocket. He is who he is. It's the receiving corps who make him not the other way around.
So losing like 8 receivers had no impact on his season, it was nothing but Ross leaving? :L

He had no issues on shorter routes, but his long ball was well off of where it was the prior two years and it was obvious to those actually watching (you know, not internet warriors that know it all based on game logs) he wasn't in sync with the kids he had left. He no sooner got somewhat comfortable when another went down.

It's not a matter of 'blaming' anything. It's looking at FACTS and applying them to what to expect going forward.

Browning no doubt needs a lot of work in his decision making under pressure. You can bet his issues in bigger games where the line has been outmatched even a little will make every UW fan nervous going into the road game against Auburn to open the season. I didn't say, nor imply having a reasonably healthy corp will fix every ill in his game. But to suggest it had no impact on last season is just plain ignorant.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So losing like 8 receivers had no impact on his season, it was nothing but Ross leaving? :L

He had no issues on shorter routes, but his long ball was well off of where it was the prior two years and it was obvious to those actually watching (you know, not internet warriors that know it all based on game logs) he wasn't in sync with the kids he had left. He no sooner got somewhat comfortable when another went down.

It's not a matter of 'blaming' anything. It's looking at FACTS and applying them to what to expect going forward.

Browning no doubt needs a lot of work in his decision making under pressure. You can bet his issues in bigger games where the line has been outmatched even a little will make every UW fan nervous going into the road game against Auburn to open the season. I didn't say, nor imply having a reasonably healthy corp will fix every ill in his game. But to suggest it had no impact on last season is just plain ignorant.

Losing WRs is not a good thing for sure but the loss of the one WR that the other teams feel they need to cover with a safety over the top as well as the CB on his side is really important. With all WRs healthy at the start of the season (or as healthy as they will be) both USC and the Huskies were going to have a different offense because Juju and Ross opened it up for others.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CAM-NUMBER-2.jpg