• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

P12 Coaching Carousel

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was handed a loaded team. I could've coached that team to a state title.

Any casual sports on the Hoop could've coached that joke of an all star team to a state title. Don't know shit about the Syracuse guy you got but hopefully it works out for you guys.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mistake by UW in my opinion. Michael Porter Sr. and Jr. most likely heading to Missouri to join Cuonzo. I would have kept Romar for another season just to see what Porter could do.
Sometimes you have to take a few steps back to move forward. We've already seen what a top NBA prospect would do on a Romar team.

BearDownUA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes you have to take a few steps back to move forward. We've already seen what a top NBA prospect would do on a Romar team.

Well said. Big fan of the hire, especially considering my rather low expectations after hearing Romar was out. Hoping UW can be relevant consistently in the PAC moving forward. The recruiting bed is certainly there to make it possible...

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I stated earlier that I also thought UW should have kept Romar for this coming year. But I can certainly see the other side of the coin. Hell, let's say that UW next year squeeks into the tourney and wins a game. UW might have kept him longer and just extended the inevitable.

Either way, I think this worked out for UW.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't know how smart firing Romar and hiring Hopkins was for at least a couple of years, but getting a guy with that much upside so quickly does serve to ease the nerves of the base here that was still on the side of keeping Romar just see Porter on the court. No way Hopkins is available two years from now if you ended up with Romar for that much longer (assuming he did enough with Porter's class to warrant another year).

If Hopkins ends up a bust or bails after a couple of seasons I'm sure people will start bitching over the what if they kept Romar one more year thing.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a solid move for you guys. If he brings that fucking 'Cuse zone to the P12 I'm going to be pissed.
No way dude. This would be great for us. Face a tough zone during the season, helps if you face a zone when it matters most, in the tourney. Shitty as hell to watch, shitty to play against, but good for the sake of learning how to deal with zone

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way dude. This would be great for us. Face a tough zone during the season, helps if you face a zone when it matters most, in the tourney. Shitty as hell to watch, shitty to play against, but good for the sake of learning how to deal with zone

I agree completely. I'm just focused on the "shitty as hell to watch, shitty to play against" part. It'll definitely help us against zones, but it's going to be an excruciating first few meetings against UW. Hopefully it won't be as bad if Hopkins takes a while to get the players in there to implement it well.

All of that being said, Miller definitely needs the practice against zone.