• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Over/Under 7.5

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still pushed at the middle but hoping for better. 8-8 for me and that is better than my first prediction. I personally like the way this defense is seems to be connecting.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yea, Kap's turnovers were a concern. He wasn't right last year. I agree the offense can't be much worse, and there is alot of room for it to be better. My biggest concern is not Kap, but the offensive line next year. If the oline plays poorly, the offense will suffer. It depends on how the replacements do and how quickly the oline can gel as a unit.

yes, what i've been saying all off season.

It all starts with QB and it DOES apply to the 49ers too, but IMO we'll get the Kaep we've been getting to date, he won't "lift" this offense like an elite QB. He won't lift it consistently that is, cause i'd think he'll have a couple of big games?

Anyway, so next after QB is line play and do feel we have enough individual talent. But now in addition to a few new starters, they're changing blocking schemes. How well and how fast does the chemistry take effect?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, what i've been saying all off season.

It all starts with QB and it DOES apply to the 49ers too, but IMO we'll get the Kaep we've been getting to date, he won't "lift" this offense like an elite QB. He won't lift it consistently that is, cause i'd think he'll have a couple of big games?

Anyway, so next after QB is line play and do feel we have enough individual talent. But now in addition to a few new starters, they're changing blocking schemes. How well and how fast does the chemistry take effect?

Not expecting elite play nor does the team have to have that. Just better and more consistent. I think pass protection has played a role in that

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OLine should be average at best. Time will tell if throughout the season it stays intact or goes down the drain with injuries etc. The loss of Anthony Davis to retirement was surprising. But Alex Boone is still in the fold and should anchor the O-line. Every game comes down to mistakes, lets hope this O-line can keep Kaep upright all year long. If he goes down with any injury for a significant amount of time, the season is for sure destined to be a nightmare, and probably worse than last season.

Getting rid of Jonathan Martin was an improvement. he was a disaster. I feel Boone will be good and having a healthy Kilgore back at center is a big plus. The question will be with the unproven players whether that be Thomas, Martin, or Pears who played poorly as a guard. I really have hope for Marcus Martin and Brandon Thomas. They were both considered high prospects but just haven't proven themselves yet at the NFL level. I also like the OL coach. He is a well respected coach.

Turbo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams used about four draft picks on OL, and their very high pick on the OL from last year is no longer a rookie. Not to mention that they added the consensus best RB in the draft to pair with a rookie who was quite good last year. That offense could be much better. And there's at least some reason to believe our D will backslide a bit. I'd say a split is very realistic, and getting swept is not out of the question.

Yeah I did forget momentarily about the draft pick of Todd Gurley. He will be a nice addition.

Turbo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting rid of Jonathan Martin was an improvement. he was a disaster. I feel Boone will be good and having a healthy Kilgore back at center is a big plus. The question will be with the unproven players whether that be Thomas, Martin, or Pears who played poorly as a guard. I really have hope for Marcus Martin and Brandon Thomas. They were both considered high prospects but just haven't proven themselves yet at the NFL level. I also like the OL coach. He is a well respected coach.

Martin was just brought to the team due to his connection to Harbaugh coaching him at Stanford. That was expected for him to leave. As mentioned, yes Kilgore will be a huge plus, he's solid at center. I don't know too much on the other unproven players as I'm actually a Raiders fan lol.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin was just brought to the team due to his connection to Harbaugh coaching him at Stanford. That was expected for him to leave. As mentioned, yes Kilgore will be a huge plus, he's solid at center. I don't know too much on the other unproven players as I'm actually a Raiders fan lol.

That's right. It was the Harbaugh connection. And he was bad. Couldn't pass or run block worth a damn. I remember last year they would even attempt running plays to the right side when Martin was in there.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

It will be interesting to see what they do along the OL. Do they opt for the best OT combination, and go with Staley and Boone? Or do they opt for a very strong left side of the OL and put Boone at LG? It would be really, really nice to see Marcus Martin and Brandon Thomas step up and earn the interior spots. That would give us the flexibility to move Boone to RT - where, if he plays well, we might actually be willing to pay to keep him. Pears scares me, but from what I've read, he's a better OT than OG. Brown is interesting, but I'm certainly not expecting him to start, much less play well, as a rookie.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see what they do along the OL. Do they opt for the best OT combination, and go with Staley and Boone? Or do they opt for a very strong left side of the OL and put Boone at LG? It would be really, really nice to see Marcus Martin and Brandon Thomas step up and earn the interior spots. That would give us the flexibility to move Boone to RT - where, if he plays well, we might actually be willing to pay to keep him. Pears scares me, but from what I've read, he's a better OT than OG. Brown is interesting, but I'm certainly not expecting him to start, much less play well, as a rookie.

So far, it has been tough to get a read on what the team is trying to do. Early on, reports were speculating Pears was a frontrunner for the open Guard spots. Later it was reported Boone was working at both the RG and RT spots. I would like to see Marcus Martin and Brandon Thomas stand out and have to rely on Pears. I've read somewhere Pears was a good pass blocking tackle. Was a better tackle than guard. He is still most likely a stopgap until the youngsters are ready to step up. I hope that is sooner rather than later. I see Kilgore back at center so both Martin and Thomas could be competing for guard spots.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cluster fuck continues. Aldon Smith done.

Anyone still taking the over?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't forecast this stuff but as crappy as this news is I am more concerned about the right side of the oline than the outside pass rushers

Nothing we can do but move on. At least we have Aaron Lynch now. Damn, we really blew our short 3 - year window (Smith's last full year as starter and Kap's first two years as starter). It would've been nice to win one during that time. It definitely doesn't look good for us this season, but as a fan, all I can do is hope for a miracle.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost feel bad for you guys

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing we can do but move on. At least we have Aaron Lynch now. Damn, we really blew our short 3 - year window (Smith's last full year as starter and Kap's first two years as starter). It would've been nice to win one during that time. It definitely doesn't look good for us this season, but as a fan, all I can do is hope for a miracle.

I didn't have high expectations for this year. Too many changes and unknowns. This is kind of a rebuilding year. With many of the recent draft picks from the past couple of years getting a chance to now play, we will get a better idea this season where the team stands and what we've got.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:burt: not looking too good right now, ugh!

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't have high expectations for this year. Too many changes and unknowns. This is kind of a rebuilding year. With many of the recent draft picks from the past couple of years getting a chance to now play, we will get a better idea this season where the team stands and what we've got.
Rebuilding = Playing any able body :noidea:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebuilding = Playing any able body :noidea:

No, the team stockpiled a number of picks the past couple of years. They were planning on replacing Iupati, J. Smith, at least one corner, among others. Carradine, Dial, Thomas, Martin, Reaser, Aker will be getting play time this year.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the team stockpiled a number of picks the past couple of years. They were planning on replacing Iupati, J. Smith, at least one corner, among others. Carradine, Dial, Thomas, Martin, Reaser, Aker will be getting play time this year.
Well that's good. At least you guys had a plan for what was foreseable.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Aldon gone, I'll say that your season's record hinges on week 1.

If you beat the Vikings week one, I'll say 6-10
If you lose to the Vikings week one, then 3-13