• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Over/Under 7.5

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait for camp to start.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That is a great point, and you guys start with the Vikings at home which is a great way to ease into the season. After that you run the early gauntlet with @Pit, @AZ, GB, @NYG (luckily not a 10am start), Bal, Sea.

Jeeze half of your away games are 10am starts. the NFL hates the west coast. If StL is going to remain in the NFCW, then their in-division home games should all be late games.

It's a very tough start to the season, probably up there with the toughest in the league, and with a new staff there's definitely a chance that the team could fall into a big hole. The league did us a particularly big favor by starting our season on Monday night, then sending us across the country to play Pittsburg, who will have kicked off the season on Thursday night. The Niners will have a short week while the Steelers will be rested and will have had four additional days to prepare for the game. The Niners pretty much have to knock off Minnesota in the opener, and take a minimum of two of the next six just to stay in the playoff picture. NY is very beatable, but every other team in that span will probably be favored.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a very tough start to the season, probably up there with the toughest in the league, and with a new staff there's definitely a chance that the team could fall into a big hole. The league did us a particularly big favor by starting our season on Monday night, then sending us across the country to play Pittsburg, who will have kicked off the season on Thursday night. The Niners will have a short week while the Steelers will be rested and will have had four additional days to prepare for the game. The Niners pretty much have to knock off Minnesota in the opener, and take a minimum of two of the next six just to stay in the playoff picture. NY is very beatable, but every other team in that span will probably be favored.
Hope the element of surprise helps a bit early on. Last season's game film probably of little value this year.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hope the element of surprise helps a bit early on. Last season's game film probably of little value this year.

That's true. Though individual players will get something out of film study, i.e. watching how Staley blocks or Boldin gets off the jam.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true. Though individual players will get something out of film study, i.e. watching how Staley blocks or Boldin gets off the jam.

With the 49ers switching to a Zone Blocking scheme, does that even hold? Things could look very different next year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people are counting us out. We still have a lot of talent on this team. Its going to come down to the coaching staff, Oline, and Kap for this team to win. D should be fine(maybe not a top 5 D but I would say top 10).

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they can win 8 games next year maybe more but 8 seems like a legit number for them to actually get but who knows they still have talent on the roster regardless of who isn't on the field.

MD49er88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think the media is overreacting to all that happened. We all knew they weren't going to over pay Gore. Justin smith was goin to retire. Baalke never over pays for corners like cully and cox. Willis was hurt last year. And now u have bowman and whilhoite. And people forget aldon didn't play 9 games last year. And u have him for a full camp now. They also added dockett who has a chip on his shoulder. This team is still loaded. No one is giving them a chance based on who they lost. The oline worries me but defensively this team will be top 5. I'll predict n e where between 7-9 and 10-6.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the media is overreacting to all that happened. We all knew they weren't going to over pay Gore. Justin smith was goin to retire. Baalke never over pays for corners like cully and cox. Willis was hurt last year. And now u have bowman and whilhoite. And people forget aldon didn't play 9 games last year. And u have him for a full camp now. They also added dockett who has a chip on his shoulder. This team is still loaded. No one is giving them a chance based on who they lost. The oline worries me but defensively this team will be top 5. I'll predict n e where between 7-9 and 10-6.

Welcome MD49er.

I agree. That's the media. Borland, Willis, and Davis were unexpected, but not the others. The team was expecting the departures of the others.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was thinking about the pass-rush potential for the D. Aldon wasn't very good when he came back last year. If he comes in focused and in shape - and from all reports, it appears that he has - Brooks does the same, and Lynch continues to develop, we should be able to generate some serious pressure, right up there with any team in the league. And that's to say nothing of Tank continuing to develop ad adding in Dockett, who still excels at rushing the passer. I think this D can really surprise some people.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can surprise people, definitely. I think our team just got a violent push toward youth. And with youth, we have unproven players who have a great opportunity to make a name for themselves in this league.

But I still don't see us getting to 0.500. It's possible, but very unlikely in my opinion. If I were putting money on this, I'd easily put my money on "under".

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can surprise people, definitely. I think our team just got a violent push toward youth. And with youth, we have unproven players who have a great opportunity to make a name for themselves in this league.

But I still don't see us getting to 0.500. It's possible, but very unlikely in my opinion. If I were putting money on this, I'd easily put my money on "under".

I wouldn't bet much money myself on it cause there are so many unknowns this coming year. Between the new players and coaching staff. The defense was really good under the Harbaugh regime but the offense was not last year. Wouldn't be unreasonable to see the offense playing better next year.

Turbo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion, I got 10-6.

vs. Vikings W
@ Steelers L
@ Cardinals W
vs. Packers L
@ Giants W
vs. Ravens L
vs. Seahawks L
@ Rams W
vs Falcons W
@ Seahawks L
vs. Cardinals W
@ Bears W
@ Browns W
vs. Bengals L
@ Lions W
vs. Rams W

The schedule is geared towards the AFC North and NFC North opponents.

I can see 4-2 in division games, sweep Cards and Rams, but get swept by the Seahawks.

The non-division games I look forward to watching the most, would be against the Packers, Steelers and Lions.

I'll be curious to re-look at this when the season ends.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion, I got 10-6.

vs. Vikings W
@ Steelers L
@ Cardinals W
vs. Packers L
@ Giants W
vs. Ravens L
vs. Seahawks L
@ Rams W
vs Falcons W
@ Seahawks L
vs. Cardinals W
@ Bears W
@ Browns W
vs. Bengals L
@ Lions W
vs. Rams W

The schedule is geared towards the AFC North and NFC North opponents.

I can see 4-2 in division games, sweep Cards and Rams, but get swept by the Seahawks.

The non-division games I look forward to watching the most, would be against the Packers, Steelers and Lions.

I'll be curious to re-look at this when the season ends.

I don't see us sweeping the Rams and Arizona. I see us possibly splitting with both of those teams.

Turbo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see us sweeping the Rams and Arizona. I see us possibly splitting with both of those teams.

Maybe you're right...In regards to the Cards, I just think their interior defense has a major hole to fill. (Dan Williams left for the Raiders) this will definitely open up things for the 1-2 punch of Hunter/Hyde and you can also option run with Kaep. The main concern is limiting the turnovers especially INTs with Kaep, as there are Peterson and Mathieu on the outside. But they did lose Cromartie back to the Jets.

As far as the Rams, their defense is nasty. The Rams offense only addressed the QB spot by getting Foles. The 49ers offense can't be any worse than they were last year right? By Week 8 against the Rams especially with a new system in place they should know their identity and be just fine on the offensive side of the ball. So it really comes down to which offense can put points on the scoreboard.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you're right...In regards to the Cards, I just think their interior defense has a major hole to fill. (Dan Williams left for the Raiders) this will definitely open up things for the 1-2 punch of Hunter/Hyde and you can also option run with Kaep. The main concern is limiting the turnovers especially INTs with Kaep, as there are Peterson and Mathieu on the outside. But they did lose Cromartie back to the Jets.

As far as the Rams, their defense is nasty. The Rams offense only addressed the QB spot by getting Foles. The 49ers offense can't be any worse than they were last year right? By Week 8 against the Rams especially with a new system in place they should know their identity and be just fine on the offensive side of the ball. So it really comes down to which offense can put points on the scoreboard.

yea, Kap's turnovers were a concern. He wasn't right last year. I agree the offense can't be much worse, and there is alot of room for it to be better. My biggest concern is not Kap, but the offensive line next year. If the oline plays poorly, the offense will suffer. It depends on how the replacements do and how quickly the oline can gel as a unit.

Turbo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, Kap's turnovers were a concern. He wasn't right last year. I agree the offense can't be much worse, and there is alot of room for it to be better. My biggest concern is not Kap, but the offensive line next year. If the oline plays poorly, the offense will suffer. It depends on how the replacements do and how quickly the oline can gel as a unit.

OLine should be average at best. Time will tell if throughout the season it stays intact or goes down the drain with injuries etc. The loss of Anthony Davis to retirement was surprising. But Alex Boone is still in the fold and should anchor the O-line. Every game comes down to mistakes, lets hope this O-line can keep Kaep upright all year long. If he goes down with any injury for a significant amount of time, the season is for sure destined to be a nightmare, and probably worse than last season.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The Rams used about four draft picks on OL, and their very high pick on the OL from last year is no longer a rookie. Not to mention that they added the consensus best RB in the draft to pair with a rookie who was quite good last year. That offense could be much better. And there's at least some reason to believe our D will backslide a bit. I'd say a split is very realistic, and getting swept is not out of the question.