• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Raider Wish List

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Clowney in his bowl game and while he did have some moments he also disappeared in the run game as many times as not, I hoped to see some more out of him, but the question that stands out is does he love the game? There is good raw material there to work with if his heart is in it, if not that leaves a big question mark.

My wish list really goes with the offensive line, and there is a short list of talent on F/A, get Mack and Streif, booya!

In the draft I think we go D, LB Anthony Barr, of Mosely from 'Bama if he falls too far, see who is left standing in the 2nd round and take the best player available, we got holes to fill everywhere.

Go ahead Idaho, what you got?

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope Idaho is wrong about a 1st round QB. I also think Clowney could be good, since we do have Houston too. I think Clowney needs some support & not have to carry the load. I also think if we get a mid to top center in FA & move Wiz to LG, we don;t need to use our 1st pick on OL. RG/RT can be had later or in FA. We need DL & WR help the most. Time for a new PK too.

PS: Would you take a chance on Jonathon Martin?

Last edited by a moderator:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok my turn.. My wish would be to pick up Mack, Hardy, and Decker in FA.. Those 3 guys right there alone would make our team WAY better.. Veldy, Wiz2, Mack, ??, Watson, along with Breisel, KB, Pashoes, to fight it out for RG!! That could be a beast OL!! Hardy, Simms, Walker\ Mcgee, Houston along with some more depth on the DL could be a pretty Nasty DL!! Decker I think is pretty good, and would be a big plus on our team, and you weaken the Donks as well!! Those 3 players would change our team overnight!! Use the rest of the Draft and Cap to fill out the roster.. Johnny Football or Teddy B is who I want with our first pick!! To me they are franchise QBs.. JF, or Teddy, TP2, McG.. Suddenly the Raiders look good and DEEP at QB!! 4 key players with some GOOD depth= Raiders have a chance at the playoffs in 2014!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and I know a lot of Raider fans like Clowney, and don't get me wrong I think the dude has Bruce Smith type talent!! But talent is not his problem.. His love for the game is his problem and like flaraider said dude only had 3 sacks and played when he wanted and NOT when the team needed him to!! I get bad vibes from him, and I think he will be an injury prone locker room cancer type player if we draft him.. If the great AL Davis was making this pick?? Who would he take?? We all know who he would take don't we?? Heck he would trade up to 1 to pick him!! 6 7 4.4 40.. Remember everybody hated ALs picks!! Is Reggie the NEXT AL Davis??

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok my turn.. My wish would be to pick up Mack, Hardy, and Decker in FA.. Those 3 guys right there alone would make our team WAY better.. Veldy, Wiz2, Mack, ??, Watson, along with Breisel, KB, Pashoes, to fight it out for RG!! That could be a beast OL!! Hardy, Simms, Walker\ Mcgee, Houston along with some more depth on the DL could be a pretty Nasty DL!! Decker I think is pretty good, and would be a big plus on our team, and you weaken the Donks as well!! Those 3 players would change our team overnight!! Use the rest of the Draft and Cap to fill out the roster.. Johnny Football or Teddy B is who I want with our first pick!! To me they are franchise QBs.. JF, or Teddy, TP2, McG.. Suddenly the Raiders look good and DEEP at QB!! 4 key players with some GOOD depth= Raiders have a chance at the playoffs in 2014!!

ID, is there a chance that Sammy W is the next Megatron? If so, we gotta get this guy. Hell, look what Gordon did in CLE with that troop of slack QB's.

PS: Remember, we already passed on this type of talent once for a "franchise QB". Don't let history repeat itself.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RaiderZar, yes I think Sammy is that kind of talent, I think he will be the next AJ Green, Megatron, type WR!! And if we pass on QB that's who I want.. Reminds me of a young T Brown.. Speed, hands, smart, and knows the game.. Game breaker just like T Brown!! The Problem with Raider fan is they are scared to draft a QB with our first pick.. Thanks to JR!! But you know what?? NOT all QBs are like JR.. Oh JR had elite talent his problem was NO love for the game and NO heart!! Think Clowney!! The game of football starts and ends at QB bro.. This draft sucks and is great at the same time, the reason is all the great players in it!! Ugh I would love to have Sammy, Matthews, Barr, Evans, heck take your pick they would all help!! The Problem is franchise QB.. If you don't have one you NEED to keep drafting one till you get him.. And those Franchise QBs 9 out of 10 times are found in the TOP 5.. Its sucks cuz Sammy Watkins is T BROWN PART2..

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a quick question idahoraiderfan33...This is not trolling just wondering if you really think you could actually get those guys in Free Agency considering the contracts they are going to demand plus the guys already on the roster that need to be resigned? I know the Raiders have a ton of cap space but even teams with a ton of cap space can usually only get one or two big FA.

Also with you on the not drafting Clowney idea. The guy just screams selfish. If he goes to the right team I can see him being successful but it will take a coach that is willing to ride him everyday to push.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, Hardy is the headliner here, he is the one that's going to cost big money!! Oh im sure Mack and Decker will cost money as well.. But Mack is a center not a LT so the hit will not be as big, same goes for Decker.. He is a good player but NOT a Megatron type player so the hit will not be as big either.. I see NO problem with getting those 3 players and keeping our own FAs as well as adding good depth to the team.. cd, im not real big on Clowney either.. But the dude is 6 7 275 4 4 40.. My way of thinking will change if we draft him.. I don't want him!! But if we draft him?? Welcome to the Nation Clown Man!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang!! Seattle put the clamps on PM and the Donks!! Pete Carroll is a beast when it comes to drafting and getting players in FA!! Not only does he have a young NASTY D!! But a franchise QB, franchise RB, GOOD OL, GOOD WRs as well.. Man I hate the Seahawks!! But they do got some smart people that RUN that team!! Build us a team Reggie!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and one of my wishes remained!! AFC West SBs.. Oakland 3.. Denver 2.. KC 1.. Bolts 0.. And former AFC West team Seattle 1.. Sure our SBs are a little old, but 3 is bigger than 2!! Go Raiders!!

gsw_lightning

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang!! Seattle put the clamps on PM and the Donks!! Pete Carroll is a beast when it comes to drafting and getting players in FA!! Not only does he have a young NASTY D!! But a franchise QB, franchise RB, GOOD OL, GOOD WRs as well.. Man I hate the Seahawks!! But they do got some smart people that RUN that team!! Build us a team Reggie!!

You just described what the Seahawks have become: the new 49ers. This Seahawks team is VERY young, and will be VERY scary for a VERY long time, at least until the end of this decade. Just like the Eddie D 49ers back in the 80s, dominating D with smart O players. Hope Reggie GM paid attention and will get us a real D like the Seahawks have today.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly Lightning that's what it looks like.. Hawks will be good for at least the next 5 plus years.. The good news here is that GM they got came from the same place Reggie did.. RON WOLF!! And His branches have SBs on them!! I know its hard to look past 4-12, but if you look close Reggie did good with the CAP we had, got us a whole new D and some pieces on O WITH no MONEY.. First part of the season The Raider D played GREAT, and the O played ok even tho the OL was a mash unit.. Again sadly lack of depth and talent along with bad coaching the second part of the season did us in!! Lets see what he does with 70M in CAP and a super rich draft does for us?? In the NFL a team can go from 1-15 to 11-5 in one year!! Is it our Raiders turn?? Stay tuned baby!!

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Raiders actually do move to the city I grew up in, (OKC) I'll start caring about them. It won't happen until then.

gsw_lightning

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Adam Caplan of ESPN, Saskatchewan Roughriders running back Kory Sheets went through a workout with Oakland on Tuesday.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, Hardy is the headliner here, he is the one that's going to cost big money!! Oh im sure Mack and Decker will cost money as well.. But Mack is a center not a LT so the hit will not be as big, same goes for Decker.. He is a good player but NOT a Megatron type player so the hit will not be as big either.. I see NO problem with getting those 3 players and keeping our own FAs as well as adding good depth to the team.. cd, im not real big on Clowney either.. But the dude is 6 7 275 4 4 40.. My way of thinking will change if we draft him.. I don't want him!! But if we draft him?? Welcome to the Nation Clown Man!!

I agree Hardy is the headliner of that group. He would be a nice piece to add. The only big question I have is the fact that most teams in the NFL can only have about 3 big names on the team unless they are on their rookie contract. So Hardy would be one. Decker my guess is going to be looking for Mike Wallace or close to it money since he has put up similar numbers. So that is another big contract. The top Centers in the league which Mack would qualify are making around $6-9 million a year so my guess is Mack will fall somewhere in that area. So in the end with those 3 you are possibly looking at $30 million just for the 3 of them. Now given you can stagger some of when the big cap hits would come so it would be $30 million against the cap just this year but with other guys like Houston (would love to see him in the blue and orange) and Veldheer won't be too cheap either. Now again Oakland has the cap space this year to do all this but the question becomes as the team adds more depth will these signings come back to bite them? Don't know.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Hardy is the headliner of that group. He would be a nice piece to add. The only big question I have is the fact that most teams in the NFL can only have about 3 big names on the team unless they are on their rookie contract. So Hardy would be one. Decker my guess is going to be looking for Mike Wallace or close to it money since he has put up similar numbers. So that is another big contract. The top Centers in the league which Mack would qualify are making around $6-9 million a year so my guess is Mack will fall somewhere in that area. So in the end with those 3 you are possibly looking at $30 million just for the 3 of them. Now given you can stagger some of when the big cap hits would come so it would be $30 million against the cap just this year but with other guys like Houston (would love to see him in the blue and orange) and Veldheer won't be too cheap either. Now again Oakland has the cap space this year to do all this but the question becomes as the team adds more depth will these signings come back to bite them? Don't know.

very good points CD, even with more cap room then we've seen in the past 10 years will still be challenging to make the numbers work.that's probably a big reason why we traded down from number 3 last year took a player we could likely afford in the long term.my gas and hope is that we will see how creative Reggie can be this year and start building this team the long term goal in mind.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very good points CD, even with more cap room then we've seen in the past 10 years will still be challenging to make the numbers work.that's probably a big reason why we traded down from number 3 last year took a player we could likely afford in the long term.my gas and hope is that we will see how creative Reggie can be this year and start building this team the long term goal in mind.

Yeah this is definitely a make or break year for the next few in my opinion unless the drafts over the next few years are just top tier. Having a ton of cap space is a great advantage only if you bring in the right players. My guess right now is the Raiders bring in 2 big name players via Free Agency plus resign the players they already have. My only thought though on that is with the Raiders still being viewed as a somewhat unstable franchise and questioning whether the HC and GM will be there after this year will this drive up the cost to get a player to come to Oakland? Should be a fun off season though for you guys. At least one of the better ones of the past few years.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the rollover in available cash and the ton's of free agents plus the fact many already built teams going younger the Raiders have an ideal situation imo going into this year to really kick things into gear.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, you make a point, but there is no way Decker will get Wallace money.. And if he does want Wallace money Reggie will pass on him!! He could get Maclin a lot cheaper, and you got the draft as well with Watkins and Evans.. We could get two Superstar FAs like Hardy and Mack, and one star FA like say Decker, Nicks, Maclin, Jones.. Decker is a star NOT a superstar.. Hardy and Mack are top 5 at DE and Center.. Decker, Nicks, Maclin, Jones, are middle of the road and will be paid that way.. Well at least from the Raiders..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, you make a point, but there is no way Decker will get Wallace money.. And if he does want Wallace money Reggie will pass on him!! He could get Maclin a lot cheaper, and you got the draft as well with Watkins and Evans.. We could get two Superstar FAs like Hardy and Mack, and one star FA like say Decker, Nicks, Maclin, Jones.. Decker is a star NOT a superstar.. Hardy and Mack are top 5 at DE and Center.. Decker, Nicks, Maclin, Jones, are middle of the road and will be paid that way.. Well at least from the Raiders..

Never said he is a Super Star. I think he is a good #2 receiver but nothing better and should be paid around that. Rumor is Cleveland though wants to offer him a 5 year $62 million deal which would be bigger than Mike Wallace's if I remember right. Honestly I'm somewhat hoping the Broncos don't bring him back unless he is taking somewhere in the $6 million a year area. Doubt he does since there are teams that view him as a #1. I would rather spend that kind of money on a real Super Star like Hardy as you talked about as I think he would make a bigger impact on any team he goes to than Decker.

Yeah for me if I was Oakland I would go after Watkins as I do think he will be a Super Star in this league. Then maybe use the 2nd round to get the quarterback of the future like maybe Carr as I think he can be a pretty decent quarterback. At least he would have every chance to succeed having a guy like Watkins to throw to.