• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

our o/line the best ?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say top 10 as of right now. To be a top 3 or 5 top oline you have to be able to run at will and we cant do that right now.

Wouldnt that require the will to run though?? Just saying, I question our commitment to running the ball on occasion.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the stats say we ran well when we used it

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldnt that require the will to run though?? Just saying, I question our commitment to running the ball on occasion.

we were behind most of the time hence throwing the ball. If we get two score leads in the 2nd half and start throwing the ball then I would be concerned. We have to see how Gruden is going to call the game now since he is the play caller now.

The crazy thing is we have the WR's now to throw the fade route in the endzone. Remember the fade route to Jackson in the end zone last year? lol. Another crazy thing was there were 3 guys covering Reed in the end zone and we still couldn't score. I don't mind throwing in the redzone b/c now we have the guys to do it with. Last year it didn't make sense.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we were behind most of the time hence throwing the ball. If we get two score leads in the 2nd half and start throwing the ball then I would be concerned. We have to see how Gruden is going to call the game now since he is the play caller now.

The crazy thing is we have the WR's now to throw the fade route in the endzone. Remember the fade route to Jackson in the end zone last year? lol. Another crazy thing was there were 3 guys covering Reed in the end zone and we still couldn't score. I don't mind throwing in the redzone b/c now we have the guys to do it with. Last year it didn't make sense.

Some times when IM being sarcastic, its just for the sake of sarcasm.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Were we behind most of the time? Can you show me that stat?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can dig where you're comin from when you say the Skins played from behind most of the time last year. But I'd say the Skins played more back n forth with teams. We were 8-1 in games with 20 or more carries and I'd opine there were a couple games. Where we never really tried to establish a running game. You're not necessarily wrong saying we played from behind a lot, but there were only 2 losses, Pitt n Carolina, where I felt the Skins were out of it early on/midway though the 4th quarter. There were 3 wins, Cleve, GB, and Chi, that the Skins at some point were able to hit cruise control before the final whistle. The rest of their games went down to or close to the wire more in a back n forth fashion I thought.

And the 'Skins didn't have the WRs in 2016 to be successful in the RZ via the pass rationale. Wasn't much of an issue in 2015 with pretty much the same set of pass catchers and a less effective running game.

And you can't not throw the ball in the RZ, homey.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We known a what a great offensive line is. This is not a great offensive line. Rock solid in pass pro and as I said yesterday the short yardage figure are surprising. But how many times were they effective on first and goal from the 5? But the best OL in the league? Who would ever buy that?

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might have gotten lucky on the 6th round. Steve Palazzolo | Pro Football Focus

Steve Palazzolo, PFF -
...10 mid-rounders that should make a significant impact for their team
3. Chase Roullier, C, Wyoming (Round 6, pick No. 199)

"Finding a starting offensive lineman in the sixth round represents great value, and that may be what the Redskins found in Roullier. He was one of the nation’s best guards in 2015, earning a 90.6 overall grade that season, and ranked 11th in the nation after moving to center in 2016 (81.8 overall grade). Roullier has the quickness and power to play in any scheme in the run game, and he’s been solid in pass protection, surrendering only 14 total QB pressures on 882 attempts over the last two years. Expect Roullier to compete for snaps at either left guard or center very shortly.