• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OU at WVU should have been postponed

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same boat here. That's why I have a really nice car, and drive if it's less than 10 hours. Air travel used to be an adventure. Now it's nothing but a headache.

why are you so stupid all the time? it is a lil annoying that you need things explained 2X sometimes 3X

The b12 did not follow normal conference realignment trends at all. They acted in full blown desperation mode (with a little bit of texas ego included) when they made those moves. And besides rice they didn't have a lot of academic options to work with. The b12 seems set on making short term moves so that they can milk every last $$$ out of that conference before the next round of realignment hits.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are you so stupid all the time? it is a lil annoying that you need things explained 2X sometimes 3X

The b12 did not follow normal conference realignment trends at all. They acted in full blown desperation mode (with a little bit of texas ego included) when they made those moves. And besides rice they didn't have a lot of academic options to work with. The b12 seems set on making short term moves so that they can milk every last $$$ out of that conference before the next round of realignment hits.

Accidentally quoting trolley?

I think someone has a man crush!

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's doing his best to get a ban hammer dropped on him...

nah.....just trying to defeat the general stupidity of some posters here.

new york has 22 d1 schools whereas the state of AZ has 4 d1 schools of which 2 are in the pac12, the 3rd has a full scheduling embargo against it by the pac12. which means there is literally only 1 in-state school arizona can schedule ooc. and yet they are totally clueless to this concept that teams schedule regional schools on a very frequent basis in both BB & FB. and then they go crying that zona plays out of state games more often than cuse:laugh3: totally ignoring that there is a demographic component to it.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

new york has 22 d1 schools whereas the state of AZ has 4 d1 schools of which 2 are in the pac12, the 3rd has a full scheduling embargo against it by the pac12. which means there is literally only 1 in-state school arizona can schedule ooc. and yet they are totally clueless to this concept that teams schedule regional schools on a very frequent basis in both BB & FB. and then they go crying that zona plays out of state games more often than cuse:laugh3: totally ignoring that there is a demographic component to it.

playing crappy NY teams at home must mean you are required to only play other tough OOC games at home too, right? because if you have all those easy home games, then you have to play all your other tough OOC games at home because it isn't fair to the fans if you go on the road and they can't see you play tough teams at home

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

new york has 22 d1 schools whereas the state of AZ has 4 d1 schools of which 2 are in the pac12, the 3rd has a full scheduling embargo against it by the pac12. which means there is literally only 1 in-state school arizona can schedule ooc. and yet they are totally clueless to this concept that teams schedule regional schools on a very frequent basis in both BB & FB. and then they go crying that zona and Kentucky and Kansas, and Michigan State, and Duke and North Carolina and Florida and Ohio State and pretty much every other decent D1 program plays out of state games more often than cuse:laugh3: totally ignoring that there is a demographic component to it.

Fixed that for you. Don't let your Zona-hate get in the way of what the argument actually was johnny.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ahhh... so what you're saying is that academics was the primary motivating factor behind conference realignment... except when it wasn't.

How very nuanced of you.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fixed that for you. Don't let your Zona-hate get in the way of what the argument actually was johnny.

how many d1 teams are in kentucky (6) with 2 power programs to uphold them
how many in NC? (18) with 4 power schools to uphold them
how many in MI (7) with 2 power schools to uphold them

^^^^
and lets not forget that all of those schools have been in the same conference for quite some time whereas SU was an independent until 79 and has the majority of its rivalries OOC.

are you starting to see the major difference here? nope.....i wouldn't expect it because you have built up a self-immunity to common logic.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh... so what you're saying is that academics was the primary motivating factor behind conference realignment... except when it wasn't.

How very nuanced of you.

like i said.....you are incapable of logical thought process.

acc, b10, pac12, & sec made their moves under far different circumstances than the b12 did. however would you say that the mwc > b12 academically.......or that what was left of the BE (with temple/rutgers) was > the b12 academically??????

nope. at the end of the day tcu got not only a massive academic upgrade but also found itself aligned with schools it considered as its peers. wvu's move was a lot closer to being a lateral move academically but they are a flagship landgrant and joined a conference that had more schools that fit that profile than the BE.

so even when you are trying to bust my balls on this. it is impossible to argue that wvu/tcu made bad academic moves by joining the b12.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many d1 teams are in kentucky (6) with 2 power programs to uphold them
how many in NC? (18) with 4 power schools to uphold them
how many in MI (7) with 2 power schools to uphold them

^^^^
and lets not forget that all of those schools have been in the same conference for quite some time whereas SU was an independent until 79 and has the majority of its rivalries OOC.

are you starting to see the major difference here? nope.....i wouldn't expect it because you have built up a self-immunity to common logic.

I'm starting to see some major excuses being thrown out... as usual. How many OOC games dose Cuse play every season? How many of them are against in-state D1 opponents? What's your excuse for the rest of the games?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to see some major excuses being thrown out... as usual. How many OOC games dose Cuse play every season? How many of them are against in-state D1 opponents? What's your excuse for the rest of the games?

SUs OOC

#1 in state opponent
#2 in state opponent
#3 in state opponent
#4 in state opponent
#5 maui
#6 maui
#7 maui
#8 acc/b10 challenge
#9 in state opponent
#10 in state opponent/big east rival
#11 a school we had no business playing
#12 big east rival
#13 a school we had no business playing

yeah so of 13 ooc slots just two of them we had no business playing. wanna compare that to MSU, duke, unc, msu etc?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

acc, b10, pac12, & sec made their moves under far different circumstances than the b12 did. however would you say that the mwc > b12 academically.......or that what was left of the BE (with temple/rutgers) was > the b12 academically??????

nope. at the end of the day tcu got not only a massive academic upgrade but also found itself aligned with schools it considered as its peers. wvu's move was a lot closer to being a lateral move academically but they are a flagship landgrant and joined a conference that had more schools that fit that profile than the BE.

so even when you are trying to bust my balls on this. it is impossible to argue that wvu/tcu made bad academic moves by joining the b12.

I never once suggested it was a bad academic move for WVU to go to the Big12. Quite the contrary, I was pretty clear that it was a good move. But I'm not the one arguing that academics is the driving force behind conference realignment and trolling WVU fans because they ended up in a better conference, citing some stupid bullshitty recruiting excuse, and suggesting that the conference would be better if they added academic shitpile UCF or equally academic shitpile USF.

But please do go on, you're cracking me up with this horse shit.

Better yet... tell the one about the Syracuse mascot again... that one never ceases to be funny. :laugh3:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, they made their moves based on TV markets. Conference realignment has nothing to do with academics. Not sure why you're hell bent on thinking this. The networks do not give two shits about academics, if they did, the Ivy League would be the highest paid conference ever. However, ESPN and Fox do not give two shits about academics. If the B1G cared about academics, they would not have extended an invite to Nebraska, seeing how NU was the 8th ranked school academically in the Big 12 and is not recognized by the AAU. The B1G desperately wanted Texas b/c of the TV market Texas would bring, plus the rich recruiting grounds the B1G could get into. Sure, we're an excellent academic institution, but that wasn't the B1G's primary concern. Stop being a fucking dumbass on purpose.....

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SUs OOC

#1 in state opponent
#2 in state opponent
#3 in state opponent - COLGATE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!
#4 in state opponent
#5 maui
#6 maui
#7 maui
#8 acc/b10 challenge
#9 in state opponent
#12 big east rival

yeah so of 13 ooc slots just two of them we had no business playing. wanna compare that to MSU, duke, unc, msu etc?

mmmmmmmm hmmmmmm

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SUs OOC

#1 in state opponent
#2 in state opponent
#3 in state opponent
#4 in state opponent
#5 maui
#6 maui
#7 maui
#8 acc/b10 challenge
#9 in state opponent
#12 big east rival

And if you'll recall everyone agreed that this season, Cuse's OOC was significantly better than years past. (mostly due to the 3 game stretch in Maui)

How'd that schedule look the last few years?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they made their moves based on TV markets. Conference realignment has nothing to do with academics. Not sure why you're hell bent on thinking this. The networks do not give two shits about academics, if they did, the Ivy League would be the highest paid conference ever. However, ESPN and Fox do not give two shits about academics. If the B1G cared about academics, they would not have extended an invite to Nebraska, seeing how NU was the 8th ranked school academically in the Big 12 and is not recognized by the AAU. The B1G desperately wanted Texas b/c of the TV market Texas would bring, plus the rich recruiting grounds the B1G could get into. Sure, we're an excellent academic institution, but that wasn't the B1G's primary concern. Stop being a fucking dumbass on purpose.....

let's not go around asking for miracles now...

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never once suggested it was a bad academic move for WVU to go to the Big12. Quite the contrary, I was pretty clear that it was a good move. But I'm not the one arguing that academics is the driving force behind conference realignment and trolling WVU fans because they ended up in a better conference, citing some stupid bullshitty recruiting excuse, and suggesting that the conference would be better if they added academic shitpile UCF or equally academic shitpile USF.

But please do go on, you're cracking me up with this horse shit.

Better yet... tell the one about the Syracuse mascot again... that one never ceases to be funny. :laugh3:

and you still don't get it :laugh3:

is it too much to ask for you to actually understand my argument rather than always trying to guess what you think i am saying.

my whole argument has been that the reasons why conferences add schools and the reasons why schools change conferences do so for far different reasons.

for schools leaving, academics is the driving factor, the importance of academics is a factor but a much smaller factor for conferences when they are looking to add.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you still don't get it :laugh3:

is it too much to ask for you to actually understand my argument rather than always trying to guess what you think i am saying.

my whole argument has been that the reasons why conferences add schools and the reasons why schools change conferences do so for far different reasons.

for schools leaving, academics is the driving factor, the importance of academics is a factor but a much smaller factor for conferences when they are looking to add.

Every person on this board has to guess what you are trying to say, since you argue at about a 2nd grade level