• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Other sports talk

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how that has anything to do with corrupting or violating the integrity of the game. You either have respect for the game or you don't. With the rules allowing kids to leave after one year of school, it's not like that's having an impact on the "integrity" of the game. I think a high school kid coming out and having to carry around a professional basketball players bags would have a bigger impact. Learn from the best, not from someone who's just older than you in college.

Lebron hasn't demonstrated anything on the court or off the court that suggests he doesn't have respect for the game. He had an opportunity to come out of high school, be the number 1 pick, provide financial stability for his family and play the game that he loves professionally. How do you turn that down at any age? He clearly made the right decision. He proved that he belonged his rookie year, and since he's been in the league, he's put in his time perfecting his game and developing new aspects to his offensive attack (a post game and he's a very improved 3 point shooter).

Dude :L

Not trying to argue with you. The ONLY thing I don't like about Bron is his drama and need for attention. He's a great talent. I am pulling for him.

But a player going to college is going to be more mature and appreciate more, than a HS kid being given millions.. I'm not blaming Bron, i'm saying it's better for the game of bball.

I don't blame Bron Bron for taking care of his family. He just didn't earn a contract like that. Jordan won a Natty and hit a game winner. Bron won his high school conference and was the MVP. KG jumped too. Kobe did it. But a lot of guys didn't have that success and could have used some maturity that college gives you.

AHHH F#*$U*K IT!! :duck:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how that has anything to do with corrupting or violating the integrity of the game. You either have respect for the game or you don't.

Lebron hasn't demonstrated anything on the court or off the court that suggests he doesn't have respect for the game. .

True respect for the game means you don't continuously ACT or FLOP. That's just giving the game a black eye. And if you're the best player in the world, you shouldn't have to act/flop.

That's my only problem with the guy.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing the assist to field goals made ratio that Golden State has. They were the best team all year and proved it in the finals.

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Mark Jackson is one of the most annoying analyst calling basketball.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dam good team Kerr has. Just wore down the Cavs and GS has a lot of talent. They play very good on both ends.

Congrats to first year coach Steve Kerr.

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron hasn't demonstrated anything on the court or off the court that suggests he doesn't have respect for the game.
I have no argument on corruption of the game but to the bold RF88, this is a matter of perspective. I actually really, really was an LBJ fan when he came into the League but what he has 'demonstrated' throughout the years since has changed my overall opinion of the man, what he stands for and when you go on saying things like he just spouted out, proclaiming himself as the greatest basketball player in the world when guys like Russell, Jabbar, Jordan, Bryant, West, Bryd etc, etc are all in this world, is alone reason to say he has no respect for the game.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dam good team Kerr has. Just wore down the Cavs and GS has a lot of talent. They play very good on both ends.

Congrats to first year coach Steve Kerr.
Much respect brother!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has Lebron corrupted the integrity of the NBA?

Oh, I don't know- how about conspiring with two other all stars to join forces 2 years before they actually became free agents thus allowing the Heat to clear enough cap space to afford to sign all 3 players?

If he doesn't conspire with them 2 years before, no way do the Heat have a chance at signing all 3 guys because they wouldn't have had a clue ( Wade telling Riley ) it was even possible and therefore clearing the space. You don't think that doesn't affect the integrity of the game?

Cause the NBA thought it did and built it into the CBA to prevent other teams from doing what the Heat did.

Then, he thinks he's the greatest thing to ever walk the earth that we have to watch "The Decision" and he leaves Cleveland and Chicago in limbo the entire time when in actuality the Decision was made 2 years prior when he conspired with Wade and Bosh to join forces.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least LeBron isn't making excuses for why they lost. Oh...wait.

Let me get this straight. You say you've been watching the NBA a long time and can't remember a team losing 2 all star players before or during the finals? How about the Lakers losing Magic and Scott in '91 when they played the Bulls?

And, you say you ran out of talent? That's funny cause that talent helped you get a 2-1 lead in the finals LeBron. And, as much as Kyrie and Love are missed offensively, they are liabilities on defense. Is it any wonder your teams defense got way better when both those players went down with injuries and the team went on a run in the playoffs?

I'm sorry you couldn't manage to leave your old team and team up with 2 all star players again like last time. Oh... Wait, you did do that.

You are a great player, and you may win it all next year, but please quit making excuses. you weren't complaining about running out of talent when those guys helped you to a 2-1 series lead, so don't use that as an excuse now.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Warriors and their fans, it has been a disappointment for us Cavs fans.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another game of bewildering officiating. They'll call someone shuffling their feet unguarded and looking to pass for traveling, but not Lebron taking 3 long strides to a layup. They'll let someone get clubbed on a shot (including Lebron and Curry), but then call a shooting foul because Lebron took (and missed) a very awkward shot. At least none of it affected the outcome, just the watchability.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this thread was talk about other sports, and I come in here and it's the NBA and Hockey, ones a bunch of street ball, the other a snoozefest!

Hockey is no better than soccer, in fact it's worse. A .300 hitter in baseball is considered a great hitter, well in hockey a team can take about 30 shots a game and make 1 or 2 and win the game, that's pathetic! I've actually tried to watch it a few times, and when teams actually score a lot of the times it's luck, a deflection or the goaltendersveiw is blocked, or who knows what else, 30 shots and you might make one lucky shot and still win, did I mention that's pathetic?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freaking Dodgers pick the wrong week to go on a losing streak.

I'll be in Dallas again and I'm sure I will hear how my team played vs the mighty Rangers!

So far it's 0-2 with two to go.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should get a hold of SJ76, Vita. I am sure he can tell you all about the Texas floods.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed over most of Texas. That 5 or 6 year drought is going to be quenched with all of this rain. The Almighty is taking care of His property.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should get a hold of SJ76, Vita. I am sure he can tell you all about the Texas floods.

Don't get me started. A few months ago, the lakes around here were down 13-15' and the boat ramps were closed. Now?? Up 11' to 17' in some places. The lake I go to with my boat is up 11.35' and AGAIN the flippin boat ramps are closed. AND we just got nailed by some of Tropical Storm Bill. Luckily we didn't get as much as forecasted, but it still rained most of yesterday.

This is a pic of what I usually do on my Saturdays.
sea ray w top.jpg

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet boat SJ76. Thank the Almighty for the return fill of the lakes. Fishing ought to be splediferous!! Great pooch BTW.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet boat SJ76. Thank the Almighty for the return fill of the lakes. Fishing ought to be splediferous!! Great pooch BTW.

Yeah unfortunately the boat ramps are closed again because the Lake is up in the parking lot. COE closed all ramps. AGAIN

My dog Hogan is a beast. Smartest lab I've ever seen. Wish I could get him a dam job because he just wants to work 24/7.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this thread was talk about other sports, and I come in here and it's the NBA and Hockey, ones a bunch of street ball, the other a snoozefest!

Hockey is no better than soccer, in fact it's worse. A .300 hitter in baseball is considered a great hitter, well in hockey a team can take about 30 shots a game and make 1 or 2 and win the game, that's pathetic! I've actually tried to watch it a few times, and when teams actually score a lot of the times it's luck, a deflection or the goaltendersveiw is blocked, or who knows what else, 30 shots and you might make one lucky shot and still win, did I mention that's pathetic?

What other sports did you think would be discussed? Golf and cricket?