• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, can't wait for the next season. Boardwalk Empire's final season better impress and hold me over for a bit.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, can't wait for the next season. Boardwalk Empire's final season better impress and hold me over for a bit.

I'm read/heard somewhere that the next season could contain flashbacks.

As you know but others may not, the books are full of flashbacks, but so far the TV series has gone with the linear time line with characters occasionally making reference to history here and there.

I believe the flashbacks (if they happen at all) are going to be via 1 particular character. Therefore they'll be somewhat limited geographically. I really hope this happens. It would certainly give them more material to draw from as they wait for GRRM to finish The Winds of Winter.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any of the vancouver guys end up checking out the gotexhibit at the pne

turns out this is the last tour for at least the next 12 months because they need some of the costumes back for filming

anyhoo ... i will release the spoiler (lol) as the next occulus incarnation will most likely be different

you get to the top of the wall via the "elevator" and when you get to the top you are told to turn around ... once there you feel "pushed" (it feels like you are on a walkway - you dont have the herky-jerky motion as if you were running) to the edge of the wall ... your knees completely buckle ... its impossible not to lol ... your first inclination is to look down ... you do ... then you hear a noise, look up and a flaming arrow is headed at you ... it goes over your right shoulder ... another flaming arrow gets shot and it heads straight towards you ... goes right into your chest ... you look down at your chest and there is the flaming arrow ... next thing you see the bottom of other side of the wall getting closer and closer as you fall towards it :gaah:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any of the vancouver guys end up checking out the gotexhibit at the pne

turns out this is the last tour for at least the next 12 months because they need some of the costumes back for filming

anyhoo ... i will release the spoiler (lol) as the next occulus incarnation will most likely be different

you get to the top of the wall via the "elevator" and when you get to the top you are told to turn around ... once there you feel "pushed" (it feels like you are on a walkway - you dont have the herky-jerky motion as if you were running) to the edge of the wall ... your knees completely buckle ... its impossible not to lol ... your first inclination is to look down ... you do ... then you hear a noise, look up and a flaming arrow is headed at you ... it goes over your right shoulder ... another flaming arrow gets shot and it heads straight towards you ... goes right into your chest ... you look down at your chest and there is the flaming arrow ... next thing you see the bottom of other side of the wall getting closer and closer as you fall towards it :gaah:

This sounds awesome.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one thing that struck me is the costumes are really small (tyrions obviously lol)

they had Arya and the hounds costumes on display and the hound didnt look like he could be over 6 feet

Aryas costume looked to be the same size as Jon Snow and Ygrittes

hbo has done a great job making these characters larger than life

heres jaimes hand lol

Attachments

• hand.jpg
    hand.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 97

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New 'Game of Thrones' Book Coming in October ? But Not That One

Interesting. I can see this big a big seller this Christmas. I think the target market can include all fans of the show and not just the readers of the regular book series. If you're a fan of the show and have thought about reading the books but don't want to spoil the show, this might be worth picking up and reading before Season 5 starts.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This cracked me up... I like "Lord Friend Zone" the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i got all the books for my birthday. YEAH

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Book 3 is un-freaking-believable! It's just astounding how many significant events he manages to get into the one book.

Yeah book 3 was my favorite too. I got the 5 books last year for Christmas so I had already seen the 1st 3 seasons of the show. While there were a few differences, the first 2 seasons were based on the first 2 books. But the Red Wedding happened only about 2/3 of the way through book 3, and was the 1st in a series of crazy events, most of which happened on the show in season 4. The show still has a bit of material left from the 3rd book at the Wall.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah book 3 was my favorite too. I got the 5 books last year for Christmas so I had already seen the 1st 3 seasons of the show. While there were a few differences, the first 2 seasons were based on the first 2 books. But the Red Wedding happened only about 2/3 of the way through book 3, and was the 1st in a series of crazy events, most of which happened on the show in season 4. The show still has a bit of material left from the 3rd book at the Wall.

I actually held off on watching the show until I got through the books, but I always do it that way if I intend to read the book.

HBO Go is an amazing service, that's for sure.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really curious to see what happens with Sansa, Littlefinger, and Robert Arryn this season. I don't think there is any material left from the books for them.

I think the best stuff from this season is going to happen across the Narrow Sea throughout Essos.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy goodness

Last edited by a moderator: