• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Winter Is Coming | Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO this was better than the Blackwater Bay episode.

Ive been thinking on this, I dont think it is fair to compare it anymore, land vs sea, totally different environments. Im going to rewatch this again with no distraction

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been thinking on this, I dont think it is fair to compare it anymore, land vs sea, totally different environments. Im going to rewatch this again with no distraction

The only thing distracting me on Sunday was a pint of cookie dough Ben & Jerry's. That will be absent tonight. lol

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to see if I can get one for my house. Not that I especially worry about people scaling it to come attack me, but you never know.

why the fuck not ... id get one even if i lived in a rancher :noidea:

I bought a heavy duty dewalt grinder to cut stone for my fireplace and that project is all finished. I mentioned in the walking dead thread that i found a "plethora" (about 6) of different old school chopping axes/pick axes/machetes in my garage left by the previous owner

I told my wife i was going to grind/sharpen them this coming weekend since it seems like a fathers day thinkg to do ... ive been told in no uncertain terms, this would not be a good use of time :ohwell:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked blackwater over the wall

all aboot the fire ... fire ... FIRE!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost shit myself with joy when I saw the giant let loose that arrow and completely wrecked that dude. That was fucking awesome. I'm trying to find a good gif of it.

Here ya go, buddy.

giant-arrow.gif

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree with Matty that this was not as good as Helm's Deep. At no point did Jon Snow hop on a shield, ride it like a surfboard, and kill several Wildlings while riding it.

;)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a really good episode. I've read where the writers have said this week's (finale) will be by far the best episode they have done. Buckle up, shit is gonna be wild. It is also supposedly like 10 minutes longer than the usual ones.
Yeah, just from the preview it looks like they are going to be covering a lot. Im kinda shocked to see that they are furthering Bran's story when so much is going on but I can understand why. The show got a lot of flack for his arc going nowhere and so they are pushing him forward

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the books Bran has a pretty major event take place at the time of the Watchers on the Wall battle.

I am a little worried that they are cramming too much into the finale, but as long as they don't have any made up fluff like in other episodes they may be able to pull it off well. I do know this, many people (non readers) are going to be surprised BIG TIME!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sad that the season is almost over, but at least GOT fans will have something to look forward to this fall. HBO is finalizing plans to have Styr host a Thenn-style gluten-free cooking show starting in October.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the books Bran has a pretty major event take place at the time of the Watchers on the Wall battle.

I am a little worried that they are cramming too much into the finale, but as long as they don't have any made up fluff like in other episodes they may be able to pull it off well. I do know this, many people (non readers) are going to be surprised BIG TIME!

Tyrion can fly?

The woman in red puts the entire wildling army inside her vagina?!?

YODA?!?!?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sad that the season is almost over, but at least GOT fans will have something to look forward to this fall. HBO is finalizing plans to have Styr host a Thenn-style gluten-free cooking show starting in October.

i need that recipe for the sweet and sour tangy ginger minge

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrion can fly?

The woman in red puts the entire wildling army inside her vagina?!?

YODA?!?!?

you missed this special edition scene of Fellowship of the Ring I guess

Omg_ed7536_2780450.jpg

scumbag Gandalf fails to mention he had help

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you missed this special edition scene of Fellowship of the Ring I guess

scumbag Gandalf fails to mention he had help

Lol! It's actually a running joke with a friend of mine that Yoda just appears in other films without explanation and that critics/audiences just accept it with no explanation.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it that Samwell seems to be the 1st to question the wording of the vows? Every time I heard the vows I was thinking the same thing. Actually, I don't think it's vague or open to interpretation at all. Don't get married and don't father any children. Otherwise go ahead and bang as many wildlings (or other women) as you like! The only part that might be vague would be if they considered it breaking a vow if you had a bastard that you did not acknowledge in any way.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it that Samwell seems to be the 1st to question the wording of the vows? Every time I heard the vows I was thinking the same thing. Actually, I don't think it's vague or open to interpretation at all. Don't get married and don't father any children. Otherwise go ahead and bang as many wildlings (or other women) as you like! The only part that might be vague would be if they considered it breaking a vow if you had a bastard that you did not acknowledge in any way.

In previous episodes, they have mentioned the fact that the vow of celibacy is not strictly followed. Some line mentioned that many members of the Black had been caught with whores in some local town and not been punished for it.

There was honestly a line I kept waiting for in this episode. When Maester Aemon was talking with Sam in the library, I was expecting Sam to say something along the lines of "You're wrong about duty, Maester. Love is not the death of duty, it's the start of it." Or at least somewhere in the episode I thought he was going to say that.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In previous episodes, they have mentioned the fact that the vow of celibacy is not strictly followed. Some line mentioned that many members of the Black had been caught with whores in some local town and not been punished for it.

Yeah they definitely alluded to the fact that it's not strictly followed or enforced, but it was still being implied that they were breaking the oath. Whereas Sam seems to be the 1st to suggest that it's not breaking the oath at all.