• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - The Starwars movies

How would you watch the StarWars movies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sat next to Hayden and his brother (I think) at a Kings Wings game. He was a pretty nice guy.

To be honest he seems like a nice guy. The 'love' scenes were still forced and terrible. ;)

I like Ewan and Liam in episode one, dont think there is much else I liked. Far too much kid stuff which is typical Lucas stuff nowadays. The race was painful and scientifically explaining the force was stupid. This movie really sucks in my opinion. Aww Darth Vader made C3PO how adorable and not stupid at all! </sarcasm>

In two Hayden was awful and all his and Portmans dialogue was terrible. This too is typical in Lucas's work nowadays. Yoda's scenes were fun and when Portmans outfit got tore it was nice but I liked little else. It is better than episode 1 IMO.

In three Anakin was basically the emperors bitch which to me basically took one of the great cinema villains and turned him into a weak pawn. Its probably the best in the more recent three, but I still dont like it.

I dont even think the effects are anything special in the recent three, in fact at times I think they are awful.

I cannot see Lucas ever letting anyone else make any Star Wars movies, but thats the only way I ever see any good Star Wars (or Indiana Jones) movies being made.

I pretty much agree. I wasn't a fan of Natalie Portman or Hayden Christensen in any of the prequels. Portman surprised me too, because she's done well in other films. I thought Jake Lloyd was better than Hayden which is not good. Ewen McGregor, Liam Neeson, Ian McDiarmid and Samuel L. Jackson all played their roles well, IMO. I agree about Anakin in the third film too. You expect Vader to be some badass growing up and he really just came across as whiny. Not what you'd expect after seeing Vader in films IV-VI.

I also agree with the special effects being iffy at some points, although I thought Yoda in EP II and the space battle over Coruscant at the start of EP III were very well done. Grievous was also done very well.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucas did something that had never been done correctly when he made the movies: he got the licencing rights to all the products. Movies never really made ,money with toys and games before Star Wars. The problem was that the movies, starting with the second but and the third but hard core with the fourth were geared more as ways to sell product. The whole race thing was to sell video games and had little to do with the story. By the last movie they had to get back on track so it was not as bad as one and two.

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
davnlaguna... incredible.

I do 4-5-1-2-3-6. To me, that's the perfect order, and it keeps Luke and Anakin from overshadowing each other at the end of the marathon (watch it 4-5-6-1-2-3 and tell me you don't forget about Luke during the last 7 hours). Plus the intermission between Empire and Jedi is just so beneficial.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I first saw the "first" three when I was a little kid. I loved them, I thought they were awesome, and I still enjoy those movies today (ESB being my favorite of the three).

I saw the "last" when I was either a teenager or adult, and was not impressed. First two of the new movies did not entertain me, and I liked Revenge of the Sith but it was not Lucas's best work.

knumbe

Rodent of Unusual Size
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
we did the 6-movie marathon on new year's day. we did it 123456. Seems right to save the best 3 for last...sort of like having an opening act.

sTyLnK

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't mind the first few Star Wars movies, but the rest were complete junk. George Lucas is the most overrated SOB in history. He's been milking Star Wars for decades now because he can't do anything else successful. I stand by what I say. :D

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
we did the 6-movie marathon on new year's day. we did it 123456. Seems right to save the best 3 for last...sort of like having an opening act.

that's actually pretty good reasoning.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Spike needs to make a TV show about this board. Just a bunch of men talkin' hockey, Star Wars, and where that damn remote is.

dboy97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go 1-6. I think it shows the complete story.