• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Stars Hockey

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Improved defense and goaltending with Kari in the net should make a difference in the results from the regular season vs the Bues. I think the Blues were 4-1 vs the Stars this year, but I expect a different result at this juncture. Will be good to see if Seguin is back to himself, would go a long way towards the Stars chances
To me Kari is an enigma. When I think of teams winning Stanley Cups I think of goaltenders who could stand on their heads like Hasek, Parent or Roy. For us of course Belfour. I am not sure if Kari is that guy in the playoffs. In his career in the playoffs he has something like an 88% save pct and GA of over 3. Top goaltenders cover mistakes made by defenses. But I hope your right Murph and he steps it up as we continue through the rounds.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me Kari is an enigma. When I think of teams winning Stanley Cups I think of goaltenders who could stand on their heads like Hasek, Parent or Roy. For us of course Belfour. I am not sure if Kari is that guy in the playoffs. In his career in the playoffs he has something like an 88% save pct and GA of over 3. Top goaltenders cover mistakes made by defenses. But I hope your right Murph and he steps it up as we continue through the rounds.

How did you leave Brodeur off this list?!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was mostly talking about the previous series where we had Niemi in goal for too many games instead of Kari being in there. I think Kari sucks less than Niemi, is what I was saying. The defense has been better lately than it was earlier in the year. No I don't think we have Stanley Cup winning goal tending capable goalies at all, or defense for that matter. I just think we can win a couple to a few games vs the Blues in the next series. I don't think we get swept

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was mostly talking about the previous series where we had Niemi in goal for too many games instead of Kari being in there. I think Kari sucks less than Niemi, is what I was saying. The defense has been better lately than it was earlier in the year. No I don't think we have Stanley Cup winning goal tending capable goalies at all, or defense for that matter. I just think we can win a couple to a few games vs the Blues in the next series. I don't think we get swept
I gotcha. Sounds good to me. And we did make it to the Western Conference Finals with Turco who had a really great Semi but comparable stats to Kari's otherwise. So you never know.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no clue who that Jason Arnott or Scott Gomez are...I have never heard those three names.
Before they were the NJ Devils they were the Colorado Rockies and I would go to about every game. For the most part they stunk. But they had a rookie named Barry Beck and that guy could punish people. We were playing the Brawlstreet Bullies and Paul Holmgren decided to test the rookie and entice him into a fight. Beck grabbed Holmgren's jersey and pulled it up over his head and then punched him 3 times with his left into the face and skated into the penalty box. Holmgren whose face was red wobbled into the penalty box. They never messed with him again. Dave Schultz a goon for the Penguins would try and pick a fight with other Colorado players and when Beck would skate over to him he would lay on the ground.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Improved defense and goaltending with Kari in the net should make a difference in the results from the regular season vs the Bues. I think the Blues were 4-1 vs the Stars this year, but I expect a different result at this juncture. Will be good to see if Seguin is back to himself, would go a long way towards the Stars chances

Blues were 1-1 against Dallas this year in 5-on-5 hockey. Their other 3 wins came via 3-on-3 OT and the shootout. Those have no relevance as far as the playoffs are concerned. Also, one of those Blues wins came courtesy of the ref deflecting the puck off his skate in the corner right to a Blues player in front of the net (remember that crazy play?). Lastly, the Stars had to play the Blues 3 times this year on the 2nd night of a back2back... no back2backs in the playoffs.

As far as I'm concerned, they're two pretty even teams, with Dallas having the home ice advantage, better offense, and playoff experience (Seguin, Oduya, Sharp, Spezza, Goligoski, and Eaves all having been to the Cup Finals), and St. Louis having the better defense and goaltending. It's a coin flip series I think.

Does Seguin play at all and, if so, how effectively? Does Kari raise his play another level? Do the Stars learn from their Round 1 mistakes or repeat them? Do the Blues have extra confidence after beating Chicago, or will they be physically/mentally beat up?

Tough call.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blues were 1-1 against Dallas this year in 5-on-5 hockey. Their other 3 wins came via 3-on-3 OT and the shootout. Those have no relevance as far as the playoffs are concerned. Also, one of those Blues wins came courtesy of the ref deflecting the puck off his skate in the corner right to a Blues player in front of the net (remember that crazy play?). Lastly, the Stars had to play the Blues 3 times this year on the 2nd night of a back2back... no back2backs in the playoffs.

As far as I'm concerned, they're two pretty even teams, with Dallas having the home ice advantage, better offense, and playoff experience (Seguin, Oduya, Sharp, Spezza, Goligoski, and Eaves all having been to the Cup Finals), and St. Louis having the better defense and goaltending. It's a coin flip series I think.

Does Seguin play at all and, if so, how effectively? Does Kari raise his play another level? Do the Stars learn from their Round 1 mistakes or repeat them? Do the Blues have extra confidence after beating Chicago, or will they be physically/mentally beat up?

Tough call.

Now that you mention it I do remember the crazy goal off the ref and I knew there were at least a couple back to backs in the head to head match ups in the regular season. I think it could go 6-7 games and who knows. It would be nice if Elliot was terrible or the Blues were spent after the Hawks series

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nashville vs. San Jose? Neither team has 100 points. What a joke.

Winner of Stars vs. Blues will go to the finals.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nashville vs. San Jose? Neither team has 100 points. What a joke.

Winner of Stars vs. Blues will go to the finals.

I can only assume you don't watch a lot of hockey if you think either San Jose or Nashville is a joke. First of all, 100 points isn't some magical "good team" threshold a team must hit. San Jose had to play multiple games against LA and Anaheim, and Nashville had almost half of their games against Dallas, St. Louis, Chicago, and Minnesota. If either of them were in the Eastern Conference, they would have easily topped 100 points.

San Jose just smoked a very good LA team and it wasn't luck. They've got Pavelski, Thornton, Couture, Marleau, Vlasic, and Burns, plus a solid goalie in Jones. And Nashville has the fantastic defensive trio of Weber-Josi-Ellis to go along with Ryan Johansen, James Neal, and an often elite goalie in Rinne. It's no accident they beat Anaheim. Both teams might be a half step behind Dallas and St. Louis, but it's only a very, very small difference. Whoever wins between San Jose and Nashville will give the Dallas-St. Louis winner all they can handle.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only assume you don't watch a lot of hockey if you think either San Jose or Nashville is a joke. First of all, 100 points isn't some magical "good team" threshold a team must hit.

You're right. I don't watch very much hockey at all. However, I think it's no coincidence that the 4 most likely teams to win the cup at this point all have over 100 pts. I'll be shocked if one of these 4 don't win the cup : the capitals, penguins, stars, or blues.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the score... So much for those idiots calling for a sweep.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw the score... So much for those idiots calling for a sweep.

That was just fucking dumb, the Stars weren't getting swept in this series

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed the draft and the Rangers and Stars tonight, glad to see the Rangers and Stars got victories!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing 5 on 5 with rest it's a lot different isn't Blues?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
get your shit together Stars

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00