• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - Sixers

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what happens to that Lakers pick going forward since it didn't go to the Sixers this year?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what happens to that Lakers pick going forward since it didn't go to the Sixers this year?

I believe they get next years pick and it is an unprotected pick.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm coming around to the fact that Simmons is the best player in the draft. Wings - you're correct! (for once!).
:2cents:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they get next years pick and it is an unprotected pick.

Next year is also protected, but it most likely won't be a top 3 anyway, unless the ball bounces their way. they should sign some top free agents which would give them a bunch more wins. In that case, the 2018 pick will be unprotected.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm coming around to the fact that Simmons is the best player in the draft. Wings - you're correct! (for once!).
:2cents:

Simmons may very well be the best player in the draft, but it's not by much over Ingram and Ingram is by far imo the better fit. The Sixers need someone to space the floor, not another player who needs to be at the basket to score. All reports are that Embiid will finally be good to go next season ... and we also get Dario Saric coming from overseas who can fill in at the 4 as well. I also hear about Simmons' ball handling ability at 6'10", but Ingram has great handle as well and is only an inch shorter at 6'9" with a 3 inch arm length advantage. We have plenty of talent moving forward at the 4 and 5 ... I'm taking the talented 3 in Ingram and looking at Guards in the next draft.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons may very well be the best player in the draft, but it's not by much over Ingram and Ingram is by far imo the better fit. The Sixers need someone to space the floor, not another player who needs to be at the basket to score. All reports are that Embiid will finally be good to go next season ... and we also get Dario Saric coming from overseas who can fill in at the 4 as well. I also hear about Simmons' ball handling ability at 6'10", but Ingram has great handle as well and is only an inch shorter at 6'9" with a 3 inch arm length advantage. We have plenty of talent moving forward at the 4 and 5 ... I'm taking the talented 3 in Ingram and looking at Guards in the next draft.
Sorry Rey, no can do. Have to go with the better player and the concensus seems to be Ingram. I would definitely look to move one of the bigs. I keep going back and forth between Nerlens and Jah.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram gives you more than what Simmons can and we wouldn't have to make any moves. Simmons would give you better rebounding than Ingram, but we will have plenty of rebounding with Embiid, Okafor, Noel, Saric. Ingram gives us superior outside shooting and length over most 3's and is a very under rated passer (wasn't asked to do it as much in the Duke scheme). He will space the floor for those guys down low ... Simmons won't do that as pro D's will give him open shots all day long. You can't win in today's type NBA without outside shooting and Ingram would gift wrap that for us.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram gives you more than what Simmons can and we wouldn't have to make any moves. Simmons would give you better rebounding than Ingram, but we will have plenty of rebounding with Embiid, Okafor, Noel, Saric. Ingram gives us superior outside shooting and length over most 3's and is a very under rated passer (wasn't asked to do it as much in the Duke scheme). He will space the floor for those guys down low ... Simmons won't do that as pro D's will give him open shots all day long. You can't win in today's type NBA without outside shooting and Ingram would gift wrap that for us.
i understand but I keep reading that Simmons is a generational player. You add that type of player to our young foundation, we maybe looking at a long run.

mklugs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons has the potential to be a generational player. He's a special talent and has more upside than Ingram (who is a great prospect as well).

I have to say though. The problem with Simmons is not how he fits into the present team. Who cares about how he fits with the current team (the roster will change a great deal over the next few years)? The problem is that he's just an unconventional player and you have to build your team in a certain way to maximize his impact/odds of success. He has an odd/atypical set of strengths and weaknesses. He's a big who's strength is athleticism, ballhandling and passing.

Ingram just needs to some weight to his frame and then he looks like a guy who would fit with the structure of any team on both ends of the floor.

I'm not sure who they should take. But it's no sure thing.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA is awful. 90% of the games are determined before tipoff. 2-3 good teams each year. Bad teams have no way to improve. Sixers get the #1 overall in a year where there are no great players. Awful.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect that there will be several moves by the Sixers, which may or not be the #1 pick. either way, it is an exciting time - finally!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers are basically adding 3 1st rounders this off season ... either Ingram or Simmons along with Embiid and Saric. Then we have 2 more next year as we most likely get the Lakers 1st.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i understand but I keep reading that Simmons is a generational player. You add that type of player to our young foundation, we maybe looking at a long run.

People tend to go overboard on Hall of Faming players before they ever make a pro bucket ... Simmons is a really good prospect, but I can't call a prospect who can't shoot yet a generational prospect. You "hope" he develops a shot, but that's not always a given.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram has more upside than Simmons on both ends of the court due to length, shot, and personality. Problem is his floor is also much lower, he's the definition of a boom or bust guy. Simmons has a much higher floor as he's much closer to a finished product than Ingram. Simmons' rebounding/passing skills will translate immediately. I don't see either of these guys as a generational LeBron type talent though, Simmons has average length and seems to lack the dominant alpha personality generally needed to be a superstar. Ingram is a poor FT who is a long ways off physically.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was any doubt the fix is in it was eliminated with Mutambo's tweet. How else can you explain him knowing 4 hours before it was revealed? What possible justification do they have for doing this behind closed doors if they have nothing to hide?

I didn't buy the Patrick Ewing conspiracy. I looked at Stern over and over and did not see him fishing for the right envelope. But once the Wizards got the pick coincidentally right after Jordan took over I began to believe. Next you have Cleveland being thrown a bone right after James leaves and all doubts were beginning to vanish. Next you have a Sixers team that pissed off the owner by trying to lose. Then they hire a league guy to run the team and win it twice. And then again as mentioned they can't afford the Lakers to be down for long so they give them back to back #2 picks.

It always was pro wrestling. Who in their right mind would give a team like Atlanta or Portland a chance to actually win it all? Unlike other sports where long shots occasionally win it this never comes close to happening in the NBA. Not that the games are fixed just the nature of the sport makes this a reality. The outcome is all but predetermined and now the lottery is confirmed to be fixed.

Awesome
No. Waiting for pingpong balls to bounce the Sixers' way at draft lottery

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is that the Celtics are going for Jimmy Butler, and want to trade their pick (#3). 97.5 the Fanatic.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very concerned about the reports on Simmons being an immature idiot. He also has no shot. I want Ingram all the way here.