• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - Sixers

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what happens with the protected 1st pick from the Lakers? Do we get the Lakers 1st pick next season? Funny how they magically get the 2nd pick?
yeah it's all bullshit! I think the Lakers should give us DeAngelo Russell and pick #2 and we will give them their pick back and Okafor

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah it's all bullshit! I think the Lakers should give us DeAngelo Russell and pick #2 and we will give them their pick back and Okafor
Absolutly true. Russell should have been ours. The NBA will always support the Lakers. Now that Kobe is gone, they hand them the 2nd pick to get the next man up.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's correct, but Brett's not calling the shots. Ingram has the higher upside, simmons more NBA ready, but like Wentz, Ingram has the higher ceiling, and simmons the higher floor. the Lakers want simmons, so maybe we get a pick in return to guarantee they get him.
Dude Benn Simmons is compared to Lebron James....even the great Magic Johnson has made the comparison....the interesting thing is I heard today that the sixers love Simmons as a point guard, much like Magic Johnson, who couldn't shoot a lick!

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised Wings would be in the Simmons camp. As he has been so strong in his hate of primadonna's like D Jax and McCoy.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutly true. Russell should have been ours. The NBA will always support the Lakers. Now that Kobe is gone, they hand them the 2nd pick to get the next man up.
The Lakers were the 2nd worst team in the NBA. They got the pick they deserved. I honestly thought it would go
LA
Celtics
76ers.
Glad I was wrong.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons' jump shot is so bad that many think he should just switch hands on his jumper (he finishes around the rim with his right but shoots with his left). As good as he is in most other areas ... everyone will play off him in the pros thus making it very difficult to drive despite his skills. Ingram on the other hand can play with his back to the basket, hit the jumper on you or drive past you. Plus he has a huge wingspan and can create mismatches at the 3 or the 4. He's also 14 months younger than Simmons ... once that kid fills out I think he's going to be a dominant scorer. Hard to go wrong with either guy though ... very excited!

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm Simmons all the way. His game is tailor made for the wide open NBA game as opposed to college. Everyone says you need him to be a shooter, but the NBA is a pace and space league and Simmons defines pace and space. You have Simmons and Embiid, and surround them with the shooting and defense you need.

Trades will have to be made to accommodate the big 2, but we have a ton of assets to make it happen.

The Lakers pick is top 3 protected again next year and unprotected in 18. We also assured Sacramento's unprotected 2019 pick with the results of today's lottery. That pick is going to be pure gold because Sac is going to be god awful in 2019 and we will add a star player just when we are really starting to contend for conference finals.

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Simmons has no offensive game to speak of, and while his passing is elite for a big, it's not on LeBrons level. For all of his guard skills, he struggles to do much in the half-court with the ball in his hands. His upside is a lot closer to Lamar Odom then it is LBJ or Magic.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude Benn Simmons is compared to Lebron James....even the great Magic Johnson has made the comparison....the interesting thing is I heard today that the sixers love Simmons as a point guard, much like Magic Johnson, who couldn't shoot a lick!

Who knows how it will play out? Reports are that Simmons is a diva, while Ingram supposedly is a great, humble kid. This all remains to be seen. My son, a BB junkie, and former great player, like Simmons better, but I suspect he just can't stand Duke (a UNC loyalist).

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was any doubt the fix is in it was eliminated with Mutambo's tweet. How else can you explain him knowing 4 hours before it was revealed? What possible justification do they have for doing this behind closed doors if they have nothing to hide?

I didn't buy the Patrick Ewing conspiracy. I looked at Stern over and over and did not see him fishing for the right envelope. But once the Wizards got the pick coincidentally right after Jordan took over I began to believe. Next you have Cleveland being thrown a bone right after James leaves and all doubts were beginning to vanish. Next you have a Sixers team that pissed off the owner by trying to lose. Then they hire a league guy to run the team and win it twice. And then again as mentioned they can't afford the Lakers to be down for long so they give them back to back #2 picks.

It always was pro wrestling. Who in their right mind would give a team like Atlanta or Portland a chance to actually win it all? Unlike other sports where long shots occasionally win it this never comes close to happening in the NBA. Not that the games are fixed just the nature of the sport makes this a reality. The outcome is all but predetermined and now the lottery is confirmed to be fixed.

Awesome

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you think, and is it a good deal for both teams?
Sixer give # 1, Jah
Lakers give # 2, Russell, and unprotect 2017 their 1st next year?
I don't think it is enough. Another 1st should be included. Big men like Jah don't come along daily.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you think, and is it a good deal for both teams?
Sixer give # 1, Jah
Lakers give # 2, Russell, and unprotect 2017 their 1st next year?
I don't think it is enough. Another 1st should be included. Big men like Jah don't come along daily.

I think it is a fair deal for both. Jah and Russell alone is enough, plus they get Simmons, and we get Ingram, plus their #1 next year unprotected. It's a great deal for us. I don't know if Kupchek would do it.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a fair deal for both. Jah and Russell alone is enough, plus they get Simmons, and we get Ingram, plus their #1 next year unprotected. It's a great deal for us. I don't know if Kupchek would do it.
I feel Jah is worth a lot more than Russell. Jah had a better season than Russell. Russell may not even be welcome in the Lakers locker room because of diming out his teammate.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hinkie's plan worked!! He got done dirty.

We are friggin stacked now, with more top picks coming.

Turns out we had to hire some league office guys to get the number one pick.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3