• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for vaccines however 100% against mandating them. Get your children vaccinated and let people that don't deal with the consequences. Something about the government telling me what I need to inject myself with just does not sit right with me.

herd immunity ... what if my kid has a condition with weakened immunity and dies because some fucktard thinks they have the right to essentially keep a deadly disease alive in society

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
herd immunity ... what if my kid has a condition with weakened immunity and dies because some fucktard thinks they have the right to essentially keep a deadly disease alive in society

gonna link this topic with self driving cars legality/illegality in the future

you want to not immunize your child ???? ... you get your own lane ... ie go live on an island far far away from society ... or you pay some sort of non immunization fee/increased insurance premium for putting society at risk lol

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gonna link this topic with self driving cars legality/illegality in the future

you want to not immunize your child ???? ... you get your own lane ... ie go live on an island far far away from society ... or you pay some sort of non immunization fee/increased insurance premium for putting society at risk lol
Why not just make them have something painted on their foreheads so you can tell them apart from those who do immunize? Seems like it should go over well in today's current climate.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not just make them have something painted on their foreheads so you can tell them apart from those who do immunize? Seems like it should go over well in today's current climate.

naw ... i prefer the isolation island idea where Alex Jones can be king

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for vaccines however 100% against mandating them. Get your children vaccinated and let people that don't deal with the consequences. Something about the government telling me what I need to inject myself with just does not sit right with me.

This is a hard disagree for me for two reasons:

1. It endangers children who have no say in the matter because their parents are unwilling to learn what they should learn and take proper precautions for their children.
2. It endangers the children of other parents who have even less say in the matter and also have compromised immune systems who rely on the vaccination of healthy kids to avoid preventable but dangerous diseases.

This isn't about telling you what you have to put in your (or your kids') bodies. It's about providing reasonable rules for a safe, healthy, responsible, and respectful society. And it wouldn't even be a necessary mandate if people weren't willful idiots. (Though, often in the case of vaccines, the problem isn't willful idiots necessarily so much as people who would rather spread fear-mongering misinformation and profit off the insecurities and fears of parents than be responsible members of society.)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and the anti-vaxxers who spread this misinformation to sell their own worthless products should be prosecuted for false advertising and endangerment (or whatever the legal jargon would be).

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that but there's easy enough alternatives. Make documentation of immunizations necessary to attend school. Don't have it? Homeschool, you accept the burden of your decision making.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that but there's easy enough alternatives. Make documentation of immunizations necessary to attend school. Don't have it? Homeschool, you accept the burden of your decision making.

Those kids still end up in public spaces, though. School is the most contact, sure, but preventing use of public school doesn't solve the problem of kids in parks, in grocery stores, in church, etc. Those spaces are harder to regulate, upwards of impossible, and it still ultimately puts kids in those schools in danger due to interactions in other public spaces.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Combining the ideas. If you make documentation necessary for school and double the health insurance costs, you won't have many people opting for non-vaccination anymore.

I think the religious reason drives me crazier than anything. "God didn't intend for us to do this to our bodies." Okay, great. Then I'm assuming that you'll stop driving your car and using your cell phone as well because those things weren't "invented" by God. And if you want to live in the woods of Idaho and escape the trappings of modern life, I am ALL for that. If you want to refuse treatment at a hospital, that's your choice. But stop cherry picking the rules when it impacts other people.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you want to live in the woods of Idaho and escape the trappings of modern life, I am ALL for that.

Northern Idaho is beautiful (except for those neo-Nazi types around Hayden), they can go to hell.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Northern Idaho is beautiful (except for those neo-Nazi types around Hayden), they can go to hell.

Passed through there on my way to Glacier NP a couple years ago. It is beautiful!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think everyone needs to do a Western parks tour at some point in their life, it's surreal.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A scarlet I?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry always need a good time to use this one.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some schools require to have this documentation before registration:
Here is the laws in Georgia: https://dph.georgia.gov/sites/dph.georgia.gov/files/Immunizations/Immunization Guidelines for Schools and Childcare Facilitie form 3258.pdf
PA:
Home

But sadly they do allow religious exemptions. :L

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So mom in law in hospital
I am using hospital wifi so I can stream the game
Hfboards blocked due to adult content