• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never seen this thread before

People crossing when there is a crosswalk or Stoplight near by
Cream container on the counter by the coffee maker
My Brother (from time to time especially today)
Celebrating small accomplishments

Background

My mom gave brith to 3 boys. I'll use the first ininal in the name. Me (almost 33), S (31 in march) and J (30 in November)

Friday(yesterday)

J is very healthy (outta the 3 boys. He is the healthiest) was sent to emergency with appendicitis.

Now the saint (I call my mom that because all 3 of us and our father aren't the easist to deal with and we don't speak kindly to each other but we know it is our way but somehow she finds a way to deal with it) was talking to a good friend of hers (with a daughter that is my age that everyone sees her for what she is) and she told her. My dad also texted his sister (who is on the outs of my imminent family, but another story for another time) about what happened.

Today.

My parents are busy setting up for a grad party for yours truly. About Noon, the phone rings......

It's J.

Me: "........ Residence, .......... speaking.
J: "Let me talk to mom"
Me(realizing who it is): "hey buddy how are you?"
J: "Let me talk to mom"

I give her the phone. And he proceeds to tear her a new one for about 10 minutes about letting people know about what happened to the point where she is in tears and then he hangs up.

Appertanly, the friends daughter checks in on him and My aunt is texting his girlfriend 10 questions.

So my mom gets my dad to call him back(he is the calm voice of reason in the household). Anyways, I'm a hothead(i do have a wee bit of a temper but calm otherwise) especially with my family and they are involved. I grab my phone and say (disclaimer, this is in all caps because I was not using my inside voice)"I'M GOING TO CUSS HIM OUT. THESE PEOPLE ARE CHECKING IN ON HIM BECAUSE THEY CARE ABOUT HOW HE IS". My dad sends me away to cool off. I leave my phone behind because i now that is a problem if it is in my hands

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excessively long parentheticals that make it really hard to follow a story.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This drives me nuts...

From Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post:
It’s terribly sad within that very narrowest slice of the sports world, in which you just want to see a Washington team succeed, and just want to stop repeating the dumbest of all numbers. Sixty-nine straight seasons without a conference final appearance in football, basketball, baseball or hockey, easily the longest such streak in the country. Twelve times that such an appearance was just one win away; a record of 0-12 in those games. A record of 3-13 in the last 16 home playoff games with a chance to advance.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This drives me nuts...

From Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post:
It’s terribly sad within that very narrowest slice of the sports world, in which you just want to see a Washington team succeed, and just want to stop repeating the dumbest of all numbers. Sixty-nine straight seasons without a conference final appearance in football, basketball, baseball or hockey, easily the longest such streak in the country. Twelve times that such an appearance was just one win away; a record of 0-12 in those games. A record of 3-13 in the last 16 home playoff games with a chance to advance.

Sorry buddy, as far as I'm concerned, the Cubs can go another 108 years before they win another World Series.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, our university just switched to "Chief" titles.

No, @SLY doesn't work here.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post, champ.*

*I hope that doesn't offend any losers out there.
Self-deprecating humo(u)r there, sport?

/To be clear, only referring to your sports allegiances you referenced earlier.

Last edited:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for vaccines however 100% against mandating them. Get your children vaccinated and let people that don't deal with the consequences. Something about the government telling me what I need to inject myself with just does not sit right with me.