• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Is LSU Next To Go on Probation

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The account from 19-year-old Victoria Long was included in a police report released Thursday, a day after police seized 49 pairs of athletic shoes from Jefferson's apartment. Baton Rouge police Sgt. Don Stone wouldn't explain why police took the shoes.

I'm not a genius, but I would assume they're checking to see if the victim left any DNA on Jefferson's kicks so they can nail his ass if he's lying.

To answer the OP, I sure hope so. Hell, I can't figure out how Bama and Auburn aren't in trouble yet, as well.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not a genius, but I would assume they're checking to see if the victim left any DNA on Jefferson's kicks so they can nail his ass if he's lying.

To answer the OP, I sure hope so. Hell, I can't figure out how Bama and Auburn aren't in trouble yet, as well.

They are to busy effin with USC and Ohio State. But LSU ain't far behind. What college kid do you know has 49 pairs of athletic shoes in his house?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are to busy effin with USC and Ohio State. But LSU ain't far behind. What college kid do you know has 49 pairs of athletic shoes in his house?

I have a job with a decent salary and I have like 7 pairs probably.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ha ha; nice. That photo reminds me of that song "Pretzel Logic" by Steely Dan.
"I stepped up on the platform,
The man gave me the news,
he said you must be joking son,
where did you get those shoes"

Haha!! Classic Album!!!...So many great B tracks!

Dr. Smartass

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Probation? LOL. No.

LSU will not be going on probation for having a player get into a fight at a bar.

Jefferson and Johns were both suspended indefinitely today by Les Miles, so you can cheer for that.

LSU's compliance department is one of the best in the nation. I worked with it for several years. Shit like this doesn't fly at LSU. LSU will sacrifice a National Championship in football to save the program's integrity.

If you want to see LSU's compliance office in action, see the recent stories about Willie Lyles or Russel Sheppard (our #2 WR, BTW) being suspended for not having a paper trail on how he paid for his rent while living with his girlfriend the last two years. Unlike most SEC schools, LSU runs a tight ship and will kill itself for minor violations before allowing the NCAA to do so.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probation? LOL. No.

LSU will not be going on probation for having a player get into a fight at a bar.

Jefferson and Johns were both suspended indefinitely today by Les Miles, so you can cheer for that.

LSU's compliance department is one of the best in the nation. I worked with it for several years. Shit like this doesn't fly at LSU. LSU will sacrifice a National Championship in football to save the program's integrity.

If you want to see LSU's compliance office in action, see the recent stories about Willie Lyles or Russel Sheppard (our #2 WR, BTW) being suspended for not having a paper trail on how he paid for his rent while living with his girlfriend the last two years. Unlike most SEC schools, LSU runs a tight ship and will kill itself for minor violations before allowing the NCAA to do so.

Nice job completey missing the point. How does a college athlete that doesn't have a job afford 49 pairs of shoes? I've never looked into his finances, maybe his parents are rich, IDK. But the point is that that seems suspicious and out of the ordinary for most college athletes.

Dr. Smartass

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that Jefferson's shoes were so important. Excuse me.

The 49 pairs they took included every single pair of cleats the kid had. He is a Senior that has played in nearly every game since his FR year. He gets a new pair of cleats every game, along with two or three new pairs for practice for both the indoor and outdoor practice facilities.

A four-year player at a BCS school with 40+ pairs of Athletic shoes is not uncommon. At all.

And yes, Jefferson also came from a family that was stable financially.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Probation? LOL. No.

I'm talkin' about the 49 pairs of sneakers their QB had. And I'm bettin' they weren't JC Penny brand either.

taughtmepatience

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll probably have to sit out the first half of the Northwestern State game to "teach him a lesson." Punishment SEC style!