• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Internet Explorer

Which is your primary internet browser?

• Chrome

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Firefox

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Internet Explorer

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one wish xalbox would post here more often (hockey guy and obviously an IT geek).

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firefox.

I use to love IE. Then it started crashing every 3 minutes I was using it, I was forced to use another browser. Tried Firefox and loved it.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I considered RockMelt...looked cool, but then I realized 4 browsers was a bit much.

xalbox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one wish xalbox would post here more often (hockey guy and obviously an IT geek).

Yeah, I'd like to post more, but the time difference is making it a bit difficult to be a part of quick conversations. Now I'm on vacation so the time isn't as big of an issue, but I'm back to work on Monday again and I'll have to adjust my hours then.

Don't forget that I'm also a fan of Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, and (too) many TV shows and different sports, and beer of course. I'm a beer geek. Just got four bottles of Southern Tier Imperial Choklat Stout imported from USA, since it isn't avaiable here. Oh, I love that beer. If you haven't tried it, try it!

xalbox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I considered RockMelt...looked cool, but then I realized 4 browsers was a bit much.

RockMelt at work wouldn't be too popular I might guess :) But at home it's really neat, with chat conversations, facebook notifications, tweets etc, neatly handled

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'd like to post more, but the time difference is making it a bit difficult to be a part of quick conversations. Now I'm on vacation so the time isn't as big of an issue, but I'm back to work on Monday again and I'll have to adjust my hours then.

Don't forget that I'm also a fan of Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, and (too) many TV shows and different sports, and beer of course. I'm a beer geek. Just got four bottles of Southern Tier Imperial Choklat Stout imported from USA, since it isn't avaiable here. Oh, I love that beer. If you haven't tried it, try it!

enjoying my classic cocktail...a Manhattan as I post.... personally

cheers

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally like Firefox, but I can imagine Chrome being good too. IE is terrible and should burn.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have about 7 or 8. 3 different versions of Firefox. Certain "tools" I use don't work on certain versions. I user Opera for most things. It's lightweight and fast, and the port for Android is pretty similar. But I love firefox plugins.

Firesheep makes hours in airports go by like nothing.

I had a fight with Google over a previous version of Chrome. They said they have fixed the problem, but I haven't gone back to check. A previous version was running downloaded files as the system account, which bypassed any security you had on the desktop. So the Data Execution Protection built into Windows 7 was completely useless. All you had to do was poison a link or ad on a site with malicious code and Chrome would happily run it as a user with higher privileges than an admin. In my test, I had it modify system hive portions of the registry. I upset the mothership with that finding.

Where I work, we solved the problem by not allowing Chrome except for developers. And those nuts are in a tightly controlled environment anyway.