• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm...Revere was leading the NL batting race as of like 2 days ago.

He's a punch and judy hitter who has no arm in center field and plays horrible defense - I'd rather have someone who's hitting .270-.280 with 10-15 homeruns, a very good arm and real good defense than someone like him

Phillies have terrible starting rotation issues and they traded two pitchers(Vanimal and Trevor May) who would be in their rotation now and they'd be cheap

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a punch and judy hitter who has no arm in center field and plays horrible defense - I'd rather have someone who's hitting .270-.280 with 10-15 homeruns, a very good arm and real good defense than someone like him

Phillies have terrible starting rotation issues and they traded two pitchers(Vanimal and Trevor May) who would be in their rotation now and they'd be cheap

Could be worse...you could be the Twins, who got rid of both guys. Hah.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon Pirates!

I want to see a Nats-Pirates series in the divisional playoffs. :)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, his defense tonight shows me what you mean. Between him botching the Cutch HR and that last out by Polanco. Woof. If he missed that Polanco thing it was probably another inside the parker.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers had a chance to overtake KC in the standings tonight and shit the bed with 2 hits all game long. 1 in the first, 1 in the 7th.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Revere, he's alright as a leadoff man, because his average carries a still-okay OBP, and he's a plus baserunner, but especially considering his speed, he's terrible defensively.

If the average dips, though, he'll be useless.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Tigers had a chance to overtake KC in the standings tonight and shit the bed with 2 hits all game long. 1 in the first, 1 in the 7th.

No one told the Mariners it was kind of important to win some of these games down the stretch
especially at home, and especially against shitty teams like Houston

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one told the Mariners it was kind of important to win some of these games down the stretch
especially at home, and especially against shitty teams like Houston

i-give-up-o.gif

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't look now NL, the Metropolitan Baseball Squad are making moves! But we play the Nationals 6 more times so we're fucked.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't look now NL, the Metropolitan Baseball Squad are making moves! But we play the Nationals 6 more times so we're fucked.

I saw that. I heard Marlins broadcasters getting anxious as they got closer, so I looked at the standings and was a bit surprised to see the Mets right behind them.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That HBP was brutal.

The Hunter Pence .gif, however, more or less is a perfect representation of who Hunter Pence is as a ballplayer.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Brewers-Marlins game, on top of countless other issues with HBP this year, better bring to light the big issue that resides with MLB and their lack of accountability with intentional HBP. Baseball only holds players accountable in two instances: PEDs or bench clearing brawls. How is a bench clearing brawl where someone gets pushed *worse* than throwing a missile at someone's head at 96mph? They allow this outdated and ridiculous "eye for an eye" thing to go, with no written rules for an umpire to follow in game, to continue, and people get hurt. HBP will happen, pitching inside is just too hard. Intentional HBP should never, ever, ever be allowed to happen. The only way it stops is when the league grows a pair and suspends pitchers (for more than one freaking start). Andrew McCutchen, your reigning NL MVP and one of the faces of the league, was nailed in the spine by a 95mph fastball in retaliation for another star breaking his hand. Andrew McCutchen has been hit time and time again by idiotic, vengeful, brainless teams, and the league does nothing to protect him. How is his team supposed to protect him? By hitting another one of their guys? It's ridiculous. Step up, protect your players, don't wait until someone dies or has their career ended by a fastball to the face. Stanton: another young star you may allow to get sincerely injured. Hard to tell intent? Fine, make it a blanket rule that a pitcher is gone, regardless of intention, for 2 games for a HBP to the head/neck, then judge each individually if you feel more is needed. Regardless, something needs to happen. Last night alone was a mess. A guy got hit in the Rays game in the head/face, Stanton in the face, Reed in the same inning hit, McCutchen had a head seeking missile miss him by an inch (because he had the audacity to be happy about hitting a double in his previous at bat). Just ridiculous.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In last nights Angels game, Trout was hit twice. That makes it three times in two games against the same team. That is not a coincidence. Pitching inside is an art and most pitchers aren't artists.

So in the bottom of the ninth, a new pitcher for the Angels, throws his first pitch and it hits the Texas batter square in his wallet. The home plate ump warns the Angels pitcher and both benches. The Angels were winning handily and it was the last game of the series, but the look on Angels manager Mike Scoscia and pitching coach Mike Butcher was a "really, wtf?" The Angels pitcher's next pitch missed the catcher completely.

So in summation, the face of MLB can get pegged three times in 24 hours and the umps do nothing, but a relief pitcher in bottom of the ninth of a blowout game hits a batter in his rear end with his first pitch and now it needs to be escalated.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I know pretty much nothing about amphetamines, but is this considered a PED? Because I'm kinda disappointed in Crush if this explains his amazing power the past couple of seasons. I had hopes he was doing it the right way. :(

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I know pretty much nothing about amphetamines, but is this considered a PED? Because I'm kinda disappointed in Crush if this explains his amazing power the past couple of seasons. I had hopes he was doing it the right way. :(

I posted last year that I had a lot of hopes he was just that good and that I hated that the past in baseball and the known juicers made that be my first thought about his success.

But alas, he's just another dirty cheat.

I don't know much about why amphetamines would be a PED other than amping you up to work out and build strength. Or making you wired to add power to a swing. I don't know.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, amphetamines have been in vogue since the late 60's. They don't help you build muscle mass or speed up recovery time, they just get you really amped up (which you wouldn't really associate with Davis as he looks like he's just out for a stroll in the park).

Status
Not open for further replies.