• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: I love my pet

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to say goodbye to my furry black buddy today. He was about six months old when we rescued him from a shelter 8 years ago. It was cute, when me, my wife and daughter walked by he cage, he didn't move. But when my son, then 3 looked in the cage, he stood up and purred. As the rest of us looked at every cat there, this little guy would not let my son walk away. They became best buds. Every time my son was sick, he'd snuggle with him.

The only thing harder than watching him fade out is having to tell my son about it.

R.I.P. Freddy.

1274101_10201174280411466_1082469746_o.jpg

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to say goodbye to my furry black buddy today. He was about six months old when we rescued him from a shelter 8 years ago. It was cute, when me, my wife and daughter walked by he cage, he didn't move. But when my son, then 3 looked in the cage, he stood up and purred. As the rest of us looked at every cat there, this little guy would not let my son walk away. They became best buds. Every time my son was sick, he'd snuggle with him.

The only thing harder than watching him fade out is having to tell my son about it.

R.I.P. Freddy.

Sorry to see that 43. What ailed your cat? Was it just old age?

The family cat at our house is battling CRF (chronic renal failure). She was diagnosed with it in July and it has taken a bunch of money and meds, but she is hanging in there. I worry that her days are numbered. It will be hard when that last day arrives...

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to see that 43. What ailed your cat? Was it just old age?

The family cat at our house is battling CRF (chronic renal failure). She was diagnosed with it in July and it has taken a bunch of money and meds, but she is hanging in there. I worry that her days are numbered. It will be hard when that last day arrives...

Best guess at this point is "Neurological event". Not sure exactly what, but suddenly on Wednesday he started throwing up and would not eat. We had him in to the vet and all the Xrays looked fine and we started treating him as if it was a stomach bug. He was showing signs of improvement on Saturday (eating) and moving around. Yesterday we were out and came home and I found him laid out on his side (under my son's bed...). Not very responsive. He was just gone, no reaction to us, could not stand up, nothing. Got him to the vet where he held on for another two hours.

So no idea if it was a blood clot or a stroke. The vet said his state last night was almost consistent with Traumatic Brain Injury, but since she'd just seen him a couple days ago she knew it wasn't a sudden thing like that. Guessing a blood clot that affected him in his abdomen that moved his brain.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best guess at this point is "Neurological event". Not sure exactly what, but suddenly on Wednesday he started throwing up and would not eat. We had him in to the vet and all the Xrays looked fine and we started treating him as if it was a stomach bug. He was showing signs of improvement on Saturday (eating) and moving around. Yesterday we were out and came home and I found him laid out on his side (under my son's bed...). Not very responsive. He was just gone, no reaction to us, could not stand up, nothing. Got him to the vet where he held on for another two hours.

So no idea if it was a blood clot or a stroke. The vet said his state last night was almost consistent with Traumatic Brain Injury, but since she'd just seen him a couple days ago she knew it wasn't a sudden thing like that. Guessing a blood clot that affected him in his abdomen that moved his brain.

Sorry to hear that 43. My childhood cat was like that with me when I was sick. He was always nice but generally slept on the radiator but when I was sick he was on the couch with me or in my bed. As a kid it made me feel better. Hope your son is OK.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mother has a tan dog and every time it goes on a flight it gets stopped by security.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

R.I.P. Freddy.

Sorry to hear that buddy. I was 18 when my childhood cat died, and lord I miss him still. He was my best friend growing up, just like with your son, he would know when I was sad and when I was upset. Hard not having that anymore. I'm still convinced he died because he knew I was leaving for college in a few months. I hope your son, and the rest of the family, is doing well. Hard losing a part of the family.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have a puppy foster. hes on the right and he is a rascal. my Chewbacca seems to be saying

DAAAAAAAAAD I DONT WANNA LOOK AFTER HIM....

Dq7NyhG.jpg