• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: I love my pet

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me and my girlfriend's dog. Of course she snapped a ton of photos of my bum ass with him while I was sleeping.

Attachments

• MeShadow002.jpg
    MeShadow002.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 50

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol gotta love the way they curl into you.

Me and my girlfriend's dog. Of course she snapped a ton of photos of my bum ass with him while I was sleeping.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thriller1.jpg
[/IMG]
8313joniiphone044.jpg
[/IMG]
8313joniiphone032.jpg
[/IMG]

Well, we added another animal to the household. He is another rescue that has been through the system. He was hours away from being Euthanized and we just couldn't let it happen. He is a 5 year old Redbone Coon Hound named Thriller. We don't like the name but its his name so I guess we will leave it alone. He was abused pretty bad most of his life and he has some scars in many different places from it. He is a very good boy and is finding out what its like being loved on. We are still going to try to find him a home but until then, he is our newest pet. He gets along so good with our other 2 Labs and it makes me teary eyed seeing him realize its ok to have fun and enjoy playing.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nicely done Gooch. fantastic save.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thriller1.jpg
[/IMG]
8313joniiphone044.jpg
[/IMG]
8313joniiphone032.jpg
[/IMG]

Well, we added another animal to the household. He is another rescue that has been through the system. He was hours away from being Euthanized and we just couldn't let it happen. He is a 5 year old Redbone Coon Hound named Thriller. We don't like the name but its his name so I guess we will leave it alone. He was abused pretty bad most of his life and he has some scars in many different places from it. He is a very good boy and is finding out what its like being loved on. We are still going to try to find him a home but until then, he is our newest pet. He gets along so good with our other 2 Labs and it makes me teary eyed seeing him realize its ok to have fun and enjoy playing.

Redbone Coons are great dogs. My sister had one some years ago. Congrats, that's a good looking dog

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thriller is a great looking hound.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys! I never knew much about hounds until he came along. Its amazing how much faster he picks up the scent of a rabbit or squirrel compared to the 2 Labs. Its funny because they now just wait for him to smell something and just follow his lead instead of actually trying to sniff something out.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I am at it, figured I would update about my horse. Finally figured out how to post pics and not links.

Awhile back in this thread I had put up links to pics of my horse that I rescued because I didn't know how to post actual pics here. Thought I would fill you all in. She was skin and bones when I found her a few years ago. Neglected and uncared for years. She is over 30 years old now. She has put on so much healthy weight since then I still cant believe it.

Recently, we found that she had a very, very severe lung infection and I thought she was as good as dead. At her age and from what her body had already endured, I was almost sure I was going to lose her just a few weeks ago. Well, after a few rounds of strong antibiotics, she is back to being a healthy mare with plenty of life left in her. We board her at a horse rescue and its a running joke that Sheba(her name) will outlive us all. She is a fighter.

I wanted to post the before and after pics here to show her off a bit because I am damned proud of her. Didn't know shit about horses until I found her and had no idea what I was missing my whole life without being around horses.

Anyone else have a horse(s)? If so, would love to see a pic or 2!

Before
AaroniphoneJan2013010-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Few weeks ago
AaroniphoneJan2013133.jpg
[/IMG]

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, huge difference in the horse. Nice job.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my foster is getting bigger. and more annoying to the older boxers lol

59e288fef72fabdf6f31cd48f7c9743a.jpg

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my foster is getting bigger. and more annoying to the older boxers lol

59e288fef72fabdf6f31cd48f7c9743a.jpg

That's a good looking dog! Over 100lbs? They get along pretty good when you bring in fosters?

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good looking dog! They get along pretty good when you bring in fosters?

for the most part. I have 3 of my own and they are great for bringing in a lone dog into a pack. sometimes there are disagreements but Ive never had to really separate anyone for over the top. this guy is about 5 months old and my girl (under him) is 1 1/2 years. I was talking to some friends the other day and I estimated that we have had over 100 fosters come through our house in the last 6 years and no real incidents.

the picture makes em look big the brindle is 40 lbs the fawn is 55 lbs

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the most part. I have 3 of my own and they are great for bringing in a lone dog into a pack. sometimes there are disagreements but Ive never had to really separate anyone for over the top. this guy is about 5 months old and my girl (under him) is 1 1/2 years. I was talking to some friends the other day and I estimated that we have had over 100 fosters come through our house in the last 6 years and no real incidents.

That is awesome! I have a friend who fosters cats/dogs/horses/mules and I must say it is really cool that people are willing to take in animals until they find a good home. My wife and I have taken in a few and found good homes for them but people like you who do it consistently are the real deal!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is awesome! I have a friend who fosters cats/dogs/horses/mules and I must say it is really cool that people are willing to take in animals until they find a good home. My wife and I have taken in a few and found good homes for them but people like you who do it consistently are the real deal!

thanks gooch. I didnt realize how many we had actually fostered until I went through and counted all the dogs in the pictures of a folder I kept its been fun some we have adopted out and I was pretty sad to see go. some were with us an hour and I was wondering when they were leaving lol but after a while even the toughest fosters get into the process and become great dogs and hard to see leave but they get to go to a forever home and that is the payment right there

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks gooch. I didnt realize how many we had actually fostered until I went through and counted all the dogs in the pictures of a folder I kept its been fun some we have adopted out and I was pretty sad to see go. some were with us an hour and I was wondering when they were leaving lol but after a while even the toughest fosters get into the process and become great dogs and hard to see leave but they get to go to a forever home and that is the payment right there

I almost said the same thing in my prior post about how tough it is seeing them go and I have only been through it on a much smaller scale than you.

I never really looked to go out and find abused/neglected animals and help find them new homes but they just seemed to find me somehow and had no idea how important it would become to myself and my wife. We will surely get more and more involved in fostering but I am afraid we will end up on Animal Hoarders on A&E someday lol

I must say, I think its simply great that you have helped so many dogs find homes and remember that you are likely helping out so many people and families at the same time!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost said the same thing in my prior post about how tough it is seeing them go and I have only been through it on a much smaller scale than you.

I never really looked to go out and find abused/neglected animals and help find them new homes but they just seemed to find me somehow and had no idea how important it would become to myself and my wife. We will surely get more and more involved in fostering but I am afraid we will end up on Animal Hoarders on A&E someday lol

I must say, I think its simply great that you have helped so many dogs find homes and remember that you are likely helping out so many people and families at the same time!

thanks mate. what you do is fantastic as well keep it up :D

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt, Gooch, you guys kick ass!!!!