• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: I love my pet

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both very good looking animals! I used to hate cats until we got the one we have. They impress the hell out of me how quietly they can sneak up and scare the shit out of me when I walk through the house in the dark.

You know what Gooch. I was reading your story.

The same thing would happen to me if it were 2 coyotes. Like what Petey did. Kay(i call her that all the time) would wait for a command then protect. She is the family guard dog. She Barks and chases us if we are running in the house guard but we live in a highly populated area about 5-10 minutes from town and Victoria's population is 80,000 so we don't worry about coyots

And Mia. She's big(she doesn't walk down stairs. She bounces), She's Beatfiul but she is a Bitch. My brother has a King charles/Cocker Spaniel cross. Mia Would just walk in, get their attenion, stop for 5 seconds and then book it for safety when the dogs would bark and chase. Thus getting the dogs in trouble for barking and chasing the cat

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what Gooch. I was reading your story.

The same thing would happen to me if it were 2 coyotes. Like what Petey did. Kay(i call her that all the time) would wait for a command then protect. She is the family guard dog. She Barks and chases us if we are running in the house guard but we live in a highly populated area about 5-10 minutes from town and Victoria's population is 80,000 so we don't worry about coyots

And Mia. She's big(she doesn't walk down stairs. She bounces), She's Beatfiul but she is a Bitch. My brother has a King charles/Cocker Spaniel cross. Mia Would just walk in, get their attenion, stop for 5 seconds and then book it for safety when the dogs would bark and chase. Thus getting the dogs in trouble for barking and chasing the cat

haha Sounds like Mia is smart! Our cat does the same. Baits the dogs, they chase and I yell at them! Pretty cool your Kaya will guard and protect on command! Its a good feeling. Makes you proud I'm sure!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fantastic story of loyalty and control. happy ending. the coyotes are getting bad here as well and coming into our areas with small pets and kids. the damn people out here let their little dogs off leash (they would be snapped up and taken in a flash with those yotes). this is a good story and a great ending. give em all a ruffle for me and tell them all GOOD BOYS... and a nice steak wouldnt hurt :D to go with the veal

I have an interesting coyote story that happened this week I thought would be a good addition to this thread. We live out in a neighborhood where our rear property line is the edge of miles of cornfield. We hear coyotes often but they typically keep at least .5 miles away from our house. I let our 3 dogs out as usual around 2am and I let them run a bit and do their thing as I stand in the side yard and keep an eye on them. I usually have a flashlight with me so I can make sure they don't go anywhere I cant see them.

Well, I am fooling around on my phone and I hear our Red Bone Hound start growling and a few seconds later I hear him let out a sound like he is wanting to rip someones throat out. I flip on the flashlight, point it in his direction and there are 3 coyotes right in front of him showing their teeth and growling. Took me a second to realize what was happening so I yell out to try to scare the coyotes away and as I am running down the yard, I am searching with the flashlight for my other 2 dogs(a 95 lbs yellow lab and a 90 lbs black lab) and they were actually about 20 feet from where I was standing at the top of the yard. Coyotes were about 40 yards down and away at the edge of the yard. At this point with my Hound 15 feet in front of the coyotes.

So, I am running to the scene and I yell to my labs, "GO GET 'EM BOYS! GO GET 'EM!!" but they were already on their way and blow by me! Petey(the Yellow and largest dog) is just power bookin' it, growling and gaining speed with every stride. I can hear him inhale and exhale like dogs do when they are sprinting. I can see him the best since he is more of a white color and 10 feet behind him is Monroe the black lab just cruising. The Hound(Thriller) is standing his ground, snarling like he dares them to make a move and the coyotes start to surround him so right when I see Thriller start to back up a bit so he can keep all 3 coyotes in front of him, Petey, cruising at about Mach 3, ABSOLUTELY MOWS OVER 2 of the coyotes, full speed, runs over them as they both roll under him squealing, not knowing what the hell just hit them. I cant even describe how fucking beautifully he steamrolled those bastards! I glance over to see Monroe jump on the 3rd coyote and Thriller joins as it falls down. Coyote is in a panic trying to get on its feet and get away. Meanwhile, by the time Petey could actually stop and turn around out of his Rhino charge, the 2 coyotes take off towards the field as he chases them, still growling and barking. I yell for him to come back and he just stops and watches them run off for a second before he comes back to check the 3rd coyote that got away from the other 2 dogs somehow. Not sure how the 3rd coyote got away since I was watching Petey. Was scared he would chase them to the rest of their pack and be out numbered and eventually over whelmed but he listened to me and stopped.

All 3 dogs turn to me as I am standing there, looking at me almost as if they were asking me if they did a good job and I can hardly hold back tears of pride, telling them what good boys they are for not only sticking up for the "new" dog but still being obedient when things were intense. They were all so excited they start wrestling and playing on their way up to the house that continues inside until I could calm them down and check for wounds. Never found a scratch on any of them!

Not going to lie, I was a bit shook up after I got inside. Got a good dose of how powerless I am in these kinds of situations since the dogs and coyotes are so quick. This all happened in about 10-15 seconds. So much could have happened before myself or the other 2 dogs came to the rescue. It ended well and I will really have to watch for coyotes from now on. Had there been a whole pack, things could have been a lot different. Couldn't be more proud of my boys than I am right now! They acted exactly how you hope they would act in a situation like that! Such good boys!

I am making some Veal Demi Glace later this week at work and I think my boys each deserve an nice big veal bone to enjoy as an early Christmas gift!

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks mattola! Will do! I tell you what, I will take your advice and leave some meat on a few veal bones that I give them this weekend. I will let them know its a Xmas gift from you!:thumb:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks mattola! Will do! I tell you what, I will take your advice and leave some meat on a few veal bones that I give them this weekend. I will let them know its a Xmas gift from you!:thumb:

thanks mate. you have some good pups..... mine send their Christmas cheer.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
snowday in vancouver for Anakin and Han

65fbbc999044b8b08faeecd150ed674c.jpg
fe0d41c7c9c6196feb0846359a60054e.jpg

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great shots! I can tell youre a Star Trek fan!

Those dogs have a lot of expression in their faces.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
poor Mayzie.

took her for her walk this morning for her morning constitutional. the snow was deeper than her legs go, so she was hopping instead of walking for the first while, then just kind of gave up and trudged through the snow.
He fur is of a constitution that the snow really sticks to it, so by the time we got home, her little paws were basically 4 tennis-ball sized clumps of snow. Had to half-fill the utility sink with warm water to melt it off. She was not happy. didn't even greet me when I came home.

Mayzie1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
poor Mayzie.

took her for her walk this morning for her morning constitutional. the snow was deeper than her legs go, so she was hopping instead of walking for the first while, then just kind of gave up and trudged through the snow.
He fur is of a constitution that the snow really sticks to it, so by the time we got home, her little paws were basically 4 tennis-ball sized clumps of snow. Had to half-fill the utility sink with warm water to melt it off. She was not happy. didn't even greet me when I came home.

Mayzie1.gif

short dog problems

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an interesting coyote story that happened this week I thought would be a good addition to this thread. We live out in a neighborhood where our rear property line is the edge of miles of cornfield. We hear coyotes often but they typically keep at least .5 miles away from our house. I let our 3 dogs out as usual around 2am and I let them run a bit and do their thing as I stand in the side yard and keep an eye on them. I usually have a flashlight with me so I can make sure they don't go anywhere I cant see them.

Well, I am fooling around on my phone and I hear our Red Bone Hound start growling and a few seconds later I hear him let out a sound like he is wanting to rip someones throat out. I flip on the flashlight, point it in his direction and there are 3 coyotes right in front of him showing their teeth and growling. Took me a second to realize what was happening so I yell out to try to scare the coyotes away and as I am running down the yard, I am searching with the flashlight for my other 2 dogs(a 95 lbs yellow lab and a 90 lbs black lab) and they were actually about 20 feet from where I was standing at the top of the yard. Coyotes were about 40 yards down and away at the edge of the yard. At this point with my Hound 15 feet in front of the coyotes.

So, I am running to the scene and I yell to my labs, "GO GET 'EM BOYS! GO GET 'EM!!" but they were already on their way and blow by me! Petey(the Yellow and largest dog) is just power bookin' it, growling and gaining speed with every stride. I can hear him inhale and exhale like dogs do when they are sprinting. I can see him the best since he is more of a white color and 10 feet behind him is Monroe the black lab just cruising. The Hound(Thriller) is standing his ground, snarling like he dares them to make a move and the coyotes start to surround him so right when I see Thriller start to back up a bit so he can keep all 3 coyotes in front of him, Petey, cruising at about Mach 3, ABSOLUTELY MOWS OVER 2 of the coyotes, full speed, runs over them as they both roll under him squealing, not knowing what the hell just hit them. I cant even describe how fucking beautifully he steamrolled those bastards! I glance over to see Monroe jump on the 3rd coyote and Thriller joins as it falls down. Coyote is in a panic trying to get on its feet and get away. Meanwhile, by the time Petey could actually stop and turn around out of his Rhino charge, the 2 coyotes take off towards the field as he chases them, still growling and barking. I yell for him to come back and he just stops and watches them run off for a second before he comes back to check the 3rd coyote that got away from the other 2 dogs somehow. Not sure how the 3rd coyote got away since I was watching Petey. Was scared he would chase them to the rest of their pack and be out numbered and eventually over whelmed but he listened to me and stopped.

All 3 dogs turn to me as I am standing there, looking at me almost as if they were asking me if they did a good job and I can hardly hold back tears of pride, telling them what good boys they are for not only sticking up for the "new" dog but still being obedient when things were intense. They were all so excited they start wrestling and playing on their way up to the house that continues inside until I could calm them down and check for wounds. Never found a scratch on any of them!

Not going to lie, I was a bit shook up after I got inside. Got a good dose of how powerless I am in these kinds of situations since the dogs and coyotes are so quick. This all happened in about 10-15 seconds. So much could have happened before myself or the other 2 dogs came to the rescue. It ended well and I will really have to watch for coyotes from now on. Had there been a whole pack, things could have been a lot different. Couldn't be more proud of my boys than I am right now! They acted exactly how you hope they would act in a situation like that! Such good boys!

I am making some Veal Demi Glace later this week at work and I think my boys each deserve an nice big veal bone to enjoy as an early Christmas gift!

Thats something to be proud of all right, my old boy in his younger days did something very simular, we were walking a two track up on state land, when a wild dog came out and was going after my daughters then ages 8-10-12, Kodi(ac) jumped loose of the leach and killed that dog right then and there, snapped it's neck, shook it to death.

Reason I had to comment because your message brought that back to mind.

Unfortunately had to put the old boy down this last tuesday, best dog I've ever owned. He was 13 years 10 months old. Kids are all gone off to university now and man is the house lonely.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about your dog WingingIt

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats something to be proud of all right, my old boy in his younger days did something very simular, we were walking a two track up on state land, when a wild dog came out and was going after my daughters then ages 8-10-12, Kodi(ac) jumped loose of the leach and killed that dog right then and there, snapped it's neck, shook it to death.

Unfortunately had to put the old boy down this last tuesday, best dog I've ever owned. He was 13 years 10 months old. Kids are all gone off to university now and man is the house lonely.

just saw this mate

13 years 10 months old. That is something to be very happy and proud of. To have that life is something special and lucky. I do send my condolences and heartfelt thoughts for your loss as I really understand it like alot on these boards. At this time of year its especially tough and I will be hosting a pint or two to your pup this xmas. To Kodi(ac) on this Christmas I send my thoughts, may he be running the free fields with all those we have lost during the years...... Im sure hes met my Luke, Leia, Geordi, Bill, Fred, Khan and Duke.... while the years between all those have been spread out they all bring a mist to my eyes.

Wingingit

Non-Essential
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saw this mate

13 years 10 months old. That is something to be very happy and proud of. To have that life is something special and lucky. I do send my condolences and heartfelt thoughts for your loss as I really understand it like alot on these boards. At this time of year its especially tough and I will be hosting a pint or two to your pup this xmas. To Kodi(ac) on this Christmas I send my thoughts, may he be running the free fields with all those we have lost during the years...... Im sure hes met my Luke, Leia, Geordi, Bill, Fred, Khan and Duke.... while the years between all those have been spread out they all bring a mist to my eyes.

Thanks my friend, may they all be charging around trying to grab a rabbit or two, Kodiac or Kodi was a dream of a dog, never took a hand, always followed me around in the veggie gardens dropping tennis balls on the newly planted sprouts. Can't stand seeing Goldies on TV right now, tears me right-up.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured some of you would like this:

1530307_10151883436562545_567489982_n.jpg

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just now saw your post and I am so sorry to hear this. You got near 14 good years with him. That story about him proves he was a good dog. The worst part of getting a dog is knowing you will have to say goodbye someday but I am sure it was worth every minute with a dog like Kodi.