• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: I love my pet

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have a neighbor's cat that come's over frequently to eat/sleep/play,......this cat was raised with two golden-retrievers [his older brothers] and acts like a dog, not shy, very friendly, gives it's paw when you're preparing food [for me or him].

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fine looking animal in the attached picture is Isis. She became part of my family about 12 years ago when she was adopted as a stray kitten from the rescue shelter my mother volunteers for.

She moved with me from Buffalo to Charlotte in 2003, from Charlotte to Sweden in 2008 (she loved that trip!) and back again 2 years later.

About 2 months ago - after multiple visits to the vet - she was diagnosed with a particularly aggressive case of large-cell lymphoma.

She fought hard.

Her fight ended yesterday.

I am really sorry to hear that.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fine looking animal in the attached picture is Isis. She became part of my family about 12 years ago when she was adopted as a stray kitten from the rescue shelter my mother volunteers for.

She moved with me from Buffalo to Charlotte in 2003, from Charlotte to Sweden in 2008 (she loved that trip!) and back again 2 years later.

About 2 months ago - after multiple visits to the vet - she was diagnosed with a particularly aggressive case of large-cell lymphoma.

She fought hard.

I understand completely. It's a death in the family.

When we had my Mika put down it took a chunk out of our lives. She is currently my wallpaepr on my PC here at work.

But we filled that hole as best as possible with Nimbus.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

She fought hard.

sorry to hear that. all my best. rest well kitty

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
BxSUuLwIgAAirm5.jpg

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

She fought hard.

Sad to hear. You gave her 12 good years though and I'm sure there's some funny memories for you. R.I.P. Isis.:pout:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just adopted a rescued dog a while back. He was feral until he was 5 months old. Got him a month later; he's a great dog now that is pretty much trained before he's a year old. Haven't had a puppy in a long time. Good times.

hYU8r6e.jpg

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just adopted a rescued dog a while back. He was feral until he was 5 months old. Got him a month later; he's a great dog now that is pretty much trained before he's a year old. Haven't had a puppy in a long time. Good times.

hYU8r6e.jpg

Cool looking dog!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good on you Kenny. I Love the Rescues

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AaronsPhoneJan2014037.jpg

Had to put my Sheba down yesterday morning. She had a bowel obstruction that perforated her intestines. Stayed with her all night to keep an eye on her, hoping the meds and mineral oil we had to pump into her stomach would help her pass all the poop that was stuck inside her. She did ok most of the night and only hurt real bad periodically but I could tell she was getting worse. She kept looking at me at odd times like she was afraid I was going to leave when she wasn't looking. By 5am. I decided she had endure enough and called the vet back out. He did what he could but found the perforation. At 30+ years old, it would be a long road for her to go down to recover IF she would even recover at all. Would be selfish of me to have her live in pain, with a longshot she would ever fully heal up. She had been through enough in her life. One of the saddest moments of my life. My heart is truly 100% broken.

I know its just a horse, but she wasn't just a horse. I nursed her back from near death twice over the years before I owned her. It created a bond unlike anything I have ever experienced. Different from a dog, cat and even a human. Not 1 other horse owner at the barn Sheba was boarded had a horse that would come when they saw their owner arrive. Not one of their horses would go to sleep with their head on their owners shoulder. They couldn't go forehead to forehead with their horse without getting a broken nose. Their horses didn't love them. Sheba was different. She loved me back.

The relationship and connection I had with her was one of the best parts of my life. She was a good girl and I am very proud that she made it as far as she did, through all the abuse and neglect she endured before I found her 14 years ago. Her last 4 years were as stress free and comfortable as any horse could ever want. She deserved much more than 4 years. I am going to miss my Sheba.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear that Gooch.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tearing up. RIP Sheba. You were a great owner, Gooch. Take solace in that. You gave her everything you humanly could to make her life better.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My condolences, Gooch.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very sad to hear about your loss Gooch. You gave her a wonderful life that she probably wouldn't have had if not for you and that's something you'll always have. You and Sheba will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care buddy.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much appreciated guys! It's been a rough couple days but I am glad I am on this side of things. Had been worrying for awhile knowing that her time was coming due to her age. Life goes on I guess.