• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: How I spent my summer vacation?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The strip clubs are great in montreal because the gals who dont make the cut with cirque end up as pole dancers

/sorry dash ... It was right down the middle of the plate lol

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't use that excuse...she'd want to go with me.

/good wife

So would Mrs 43. But Montreal also hosts a Formula 1 Race. So I can use that.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to your daughter and to you proud papa dash :thumb:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The strip clubs are great in montreal because the gals who dont make the cut with cirque end up as pole dancers

/sorry dash ... It was right down the middle of the plate lol

Man, you took that one right out of le park Jarry...

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be in Montreal with my wife over Labo(u)r day - she has a fancy camera and loves to take pictures - is that type of thing frowned upon at the ballet?

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm heading to Montreal for a week in July. My daughter was invited to attend a Cirque du Soleil summer camp so we're turning it into a family vacation. I already have a few things I want to check out in Montreal, but please feel free to add in any must-see attractions.

Congrats, Dash. Is she an aspiring gymnast/acrobat?

You ever seen the HBO Real Sports on the background of Cirque? Might be worth checking out. It was interesting.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be in Montreal with my wife over Labo(u)r day - she has a fancy camera and loves to take pictures - is that type of thing frowned upon at the ballet?

Don't they just say no flash photography.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats, Dash. Is she an aspiring gymnast/acrobat?

You ever seen the HBO Real Sports on the background of Cirque? Might be worth checking out. It was interesting.

Cirque du Soleil sent some of their talent scouts on the road and they just happened to be at my daughter's gymnastics club one night. She auditioned for them and they reciprocated with an invite to their summer camp. Who knows what might happen down the road, but I've never been to Montreal before, so I'm just as excited as she is.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cirque du Soleil sent some of their talent scouts on the road and they just happened to be at my daughter's gymnastics club one night. She auditioned for them and they reciprocated with an invite to their summer camp. Who knows what might happen down the road, but I've never been to Montreal before, so I'm just as excited as she is.

:thumb: That's cool.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm heading to Montreal for a week in July. My daughter was invited to attend a Cirque du Soleil summer camp so we're turning it into a family vacation. I already have a few things I want to check out in Montreal, but please feel free to add in any must-see attractions.

If you have never been there the old section is nice. There is an archeological museum that is cool and Notre-Dame Basilica is nice.

If its a nice day Mount Royal is a nice destination.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Congrats my nephew sets up the rigging. And sets for cirque in Montreal.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ummm, awesome?!?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glen Lake, Michigan. Visit it if your ever in the distal interphalangeal joint of the ring finger on the Mitten.

Seriously man. Nothing like sandy bottom fresh water lakes. Fishing was fannnntastic this year. I had "the one that got away" finally. *sigh* At least 24 inches, probably 5.5-6lbs, large mouth. Half the boat saw him when he leapt from the water, so I don't feel as bad. Still stings. Luckily Dad helped cheer me up by taking us on a charter boat on Michigan. Caught a few salmon, 36 incher. Good eats.

This still stings, btw. *siiiiiiiiggghhhh* Charter fishing is like cheating, I can't count that as the biggest I've reeled in. Also, again: if you're in northern Michigan, go to Glen Lake. She's a beaut.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At my inlaws condo in kelowna ... Just passed a big kid in the lobby carrying a largehockey bag

Americans bag with the name Thrower. Thought dalton??? But then he never played in tri cities

Hockeydb search brings up Josh thrower ... Brother???

He was talking with his dad (?) about gino odjick

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just returned from my vacation. 9 days in the driving hell hole that is Maryland.

It was mostly positives, though. Only spent about six hours total with the Inlaws, the rest was with my family. Got in three days at the beach and got to see some old Dew Tour compatriots, some I hadn't seen in 10+ years. Even got up on deck with my son and daughter during the skateboard park practice and met Caballero.

I had a Boog's pit beef sammich and Thrasher's fries. Twice. Only got body slammed into the sand by a wave once. Surfing slams outnumbered 2:1 by sammiches is a very positive ratio.

And no one shot me despite three whole days in Baltimore. I stayed off I-95 north though.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You also steered clear of Ravens mini-camp, I take it...

:behindsofa:

Thanks for reminding me.

"I also did not get stabbed or beat up in an elevator"